sound card question

Author
bobaraba
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2006/05/17 00:57:26 (permalink)

sound card question

i just got a tascam us-122 interface and an mxl 990 mic. spent 1/2 a day figuring out how to record audio with cakewalk pro audio 9. had to change some settings in cakewalk to recognize the interface to record. anyway, my question is about my soundcard. without opening the case, this is what device manager says it is. yamaha legacy ds1 wdm, yamaha native ds1 wdm driver. i don't know how good it is or how adequate. would a better soundcard help with recording. if yes, what is recommended. i'm knew to all this and crawling.

1 Reply Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: sound card question 2006/05/17 02:03:29 (permalink)
    bob, there have been a lot of threads lately about people having problems with the US-122. for one thing, it is a usb 1.1 device and is at the mercy of other devices on the usb bus as to whether you will get good thruput or not. besides that it apparently has issues with Dell computers.

check out this thread. almost at the bottom of the page superdan reveals a listof other threads of those with similar problems.

it's not necessarily the problme you're having, but it doesn't hurt to check out what other people are saying.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1