stylus

Author
shawn912
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 136
2008/10/11 16:51:00 (permalink)

stylus

I'm using stylus in SHS6 and I can adjust the volume of each part with the track volume control during playback but each time I start from the beginning it resets the volume. Anyone know how to prevent this?

3 Replies Related Threads

kwgm
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: stylus 2008/10/11 21:56:30 (permalink)
    Well, you don't say exactly which 'stylus' you're using, but no matter -- we can all read minds here, also.

Have you assigned any presets to this instrument in the Sonar track inspector? This will cause a reset.

Big daddy Sonar has an option to ignore any MIDI control statements on startup. It's in Option/Project/MIDI Out. See if you have an option: Patch Searchback on Start (or something close) -- if so, disable it.

There's also a global option (Options / Global) to ask before issuing SysEx commands. You might enable that option too, if you have it. This isn't causing your current problem, but may help avoid similar problems if you play MIDI files downloaded from the net.

If that doesn't help, then it's a stylus issue, and you'll have to figure out where to get support for that. (Is this Spectrasonics StylusRMX?)

--kwgm
    shawn912
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 136
    RE: stylus 2008/10/12 10:22:18 (permalink)
    Yeah, sorry, it's Stylus RMX. It's only happening on the first channel so I guess it's a Stylus issue and I haven't had much luck with support.
    kwgm
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: stylus 2008/10/13 15:38:59 (permalink)
    Hi Shawn,

Thank you. The clearer you are when writing about your problem and explaining your setup, the better help you'll receive. I write for a living, and I guess I'm in the habit of reviewing what I write before hitting OK (usually -- sometimes I am too quick on the trigger). Anyway, just a quick word to the wise. Please take no offense.

I know that Spectrasonics is real busy right now, because of a new product release.

If it's easy enough to use Stylus on another track, use that workaround.

Did you try those two options I mentioned?

This could very well be something with Stylus that we can do nothing about.

I used Stylus for about a month, so I'm working from memory and can't reallly test things out, but I don't recall this problem. However, it's a tricky program, with two or three modes that I was never clear about, and I never quite understood the behavior.

There's some video on the Spectrasonics' website that you can access as a registered user that might help you work through these problems. Check them out.

And good luck.

-- Kurt

--kwgm
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1