M-Audio Firewire 410 Bad Audio Issue - SOLVED

Author
Marty193
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2004/01/23 13:30:43 (permalink)

M-Audio Firewire 410 Bad Audio Issue - SOLVED

I just upgraded from a Soundblaster to M-Audio's Firewire 410. I had a hard to solve audio issue that was finally resovled. This post is to share it if anyone has a similar issue.

The bad audio Sx was a slight distortion in sound quality with a pulse of static noise that occurred every second throughtout audio playback.

The incompatiblity involved a PCI Ethernet card, specifically CNET ProWL. When the card is disabled the audio issue resolves and the Firewire 410 plays with crystal clear sound.

Another workaround it to select ethernet card in the Windows System info, right click to select properties, then under the setting for Connection Type, change it from the default "Autosensing" setting to a fixed setting that matches the hardware it is connected to (such as 100 Mps duplex ethernet). This also fully resolves the issues.

Marty

2 Replies Related Threads

John Page
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 672
    RE: M-Audio Firewire 410 Bad Audio Issue - SOLVED 2004/01/23 13:50:01 (permalink)
    I posted this before regarding Firewire and network issues so here it is again. When Windows detects a firewire card it automatically sets up a Firewire network as well as your Firewire sound card. You need to go into your network settings via control panel and disable the Firewire networking ( right click and choose disable) this eliminates Windows from polling the Firewire network and causing noise / dropouts........Hope this helps
    deltadreams
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 101
    RE: M-Audio Firewire 410 Bad Audio Issue - SOLVED 2004/01/23 14:17:32 (permalink)
    I have other problems with the Firewire 410

1)I'm running 2.44 p4 Ghz 5100 Dell on my laptop. But I get these low volume noise and it seems to be affected by activity in the hard drive, monitor display activity. Seems pretty annoying.

It plays fine. I'm running M-Audio Firewire 410 which doesn't have the issue on my workstation with Adaptec 4300 Firewire Card but it has 2).

2) No FW410 ...
    Every now and then, my computer won't recognize the Firewire 410. For example, I'm running Sonar 3.0 and all of a sudden it doesn't detect the 410. I look at the FW control panel and it says

"No FW410 found"

The blue light is lit solid (not blinking)

My Firewire card is on IRQ 11 and is not sharing it with anything.

It's of type Texas Instruments OHCI Complient IEEE 1394 Host Controller

Under properties of Power Management. The check box for Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is greyd out. The check box Allow this device to bring the computer out of standbye is available (but is currently not checked)

What I would have to do is disconnect the firewire cable and then reconnect for it to recognize it again. But I shouldn't have to do this.

I do have the latest driver. fw410_10013_web.exe

I'm running

1.33 Athlon
    IWILL 266
    1.5 Gig Ram
    Matrox G450
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1