Sonar 7 registration code

Author
hellogoodbye
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1343
2007/09/19 04:21:43 (permalink)

Sonar 7 registration code

It probably will be some time before S7 will reach my home (just ordered it!) but I'd already like to now if I will run into the same problem as with S6 when I install S7... When I installed S6, I was asked for my serial and registration code. Both could be found on the My account part of the CW site. But... there you can only see the serial! And not the registration code. I had to e-mail CW-support which gave me my code after some time.

Now I am afraid this will happen again because just now I already could see my serial on the My account page but there is NO registration code there... The email I received says this:

"If your product requires a serial number and/or registration code those codes are now visible in your estore account. Log in to your account at http://store.cakewalk.com/ and click the 'My Registrations' link in the 'My Account' area."

But as said, there is no reg code... Anyone knows already (CW?) if I do need a reg code? And if so... WHERE CAN I FIND IT IN MY ACCOUNT??? And if it just isn't there, can I already mail support to give it to me?

5 Replies Related Threads

cmusicmaker
    Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2328
    RE: Sonar 7 registration code 2007/09/19 04:32:43 (permalink)
    When I registered my copy of Sonar 6 I was sent a registration code immeadiately (to my email address). The account area of the Cakewalk site should not even need to come into the equation. But if CW insist on the account area being used now then it might be a good idea to contact CW support. Maybe the bakers will chime in on this thread to clarify.
    benstat
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 972
    RE: Sonar 7 registration code 2007/09/19 04:52:08 (permalink)
    This happened to me last weekend - I bought the upgrade download for Project5 and I too couldn't see the registration code on the website. Cakewalk support emailed it to me after 3 days.
    I suppose I can live with it just as long as the trial period is long enough for me to get the reg code, but if thousands of new Sonar 7 users email all at the same time there might be delays...
    cmusicmaker
    Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2328
    RE: Sonar 7 registration code 2007/09/19 04:56:49 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: benstat

This happened to me last weekend - I bought the upgrade download for Project5 and I too couldn't see the registration code on the website. Cakewalk support emailed it to me after 3 days.
    I suppose I can live with it just as long as the trial period is long enough for me to get the reg code, but if thousands of new Sonar 7 users email all at the same time there might be delays...

Yes that could be a massive problem. Hopefully they will give an option to allow for an automatic email to be sent to a user specified email address like before. Surely.
    mudgel
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12010
    RE: Sonar 7 registration code 2007/09/19 05:42:29 (permalink)
    I bought S7 this morning local time from Australia via the Cakewalk webstore and recieved an email with serial and activation code within 6 hours. Printed and backed up in my folder of all things registration wise.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
    PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
    Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
    Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
    Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
    Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
    Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
    hellogoodbye
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1343
    RE: Sonar 7 registration code 2007/09/25 16:28:30 (permalink)
    Short update: it's been a week since I ordered S7 and I still didn't receive an e-mail with the registration code, and on My account still only the serial can be found. Well, because I didn't want S7 to arrive here without me having the codes needed to install them, so I mailed support yesterday. Today I received an e-mail with the registration code! Pity S7 hasn't arrived yet, but when it does I am ready!

So for all of you who also don't have all codes needed, don't wait too long before asking for them: when you have ordered S7, CW knows the number and if you don't, just ask for it!

Sonar 8.5 PE, Edirol FA-66, Behringer C-1. All instruments in my songs are VSTi's. 
    Check out Soundclick
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1