CTASIO Warning

Author
zentatonic
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 606
2008/01/23 16:26:44 (permalink)

CTASIO Warning

Just getting back to messing around with Sonar after a little break. And I have a little tweek that I need to make...

Every time I open Sonar, I get a CTASIO Warning message. It then says, "There are no Creative Products installed on the system that support ASIO".

I use a TC Electronic Konnekt card...my E-mu 1820M has been uninstalled for a year now...and as far as I can tell there are no traces of it on my system...and in Sonar's properties, the TC Konnekt shows up as the primary driver. And Creative drivers are not there to choose...only on startup does Sonar seem to want this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Jeff

"headlight deer wearing hunterskin shoes" http://mountainmirrors.com 

6 Replies Related Threads

Honest_Al
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3642
    RE: CTASIO Warning 2008/01/23 16:42:54 (permalink)
    Every time I open Sonar

my E-mu 1820M has been uninstalled for a year now...and as far as I can tell there are no traces of it on my system...

Sorry but there are traces for sure.. CTASIO! (either came from the E-mu or even more likely from an old CREATIVE card..even onboard chip or an old soundblaster..don't know what you had there installed before)

You'll have to go to the registry, hit the Find there and search for "ctasio"..I would remove it if I were you (ok, make sure you have a whole system backup first..or just export the ctasio lines you find before deleting them..it's probably just ONE entry that really matters and makes Sonar to still see that)

..fixed some typos!
    post edited by Honest_Al - 2008/01/23 17:10:19
    zentatonic
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 606
    RE: CTASIO Warning 2008/01/23 16:54:10 (permalink)
    Bingo. Fixed. Thanks Al.

"headlight deer wearing hunterskin shoes" http://mountainmirrors.com 

Honest_Al
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3642
    RE: CTASIO Warning 2008/01/23 16:57:18 (permalink)
    Bingo. Fixed. Thanks Al.

YW Jeff, glad to see it's fixed.
    dentaku
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 46
    RE: CTASIO Warning 2008/09/05 16:25:47 (permalink)
    I just went to C:\windows\system32 and renamed ctasio.dll to ctasio.dl_ and now I don't get that stupid error either :)

I think I remember trying to use and old Soundblaster on this machine a while ago to see if I could use the MIDI port on it and just disable to sound part of it but of course that didn't work in Vista so that must be where I got this ctasio junk from.

I ended up getting an Echo Mia MIDI so I now have MIDI on my new computer at last.

ORIGINAL: Honest_Al

Every time I open Sonar

my E-mu 1820M has been uninstalled for a year now...and as far as I can tell there are no traces of it on my system...

Sorry but there are traces for sure.. CTASIO! (either came from the E-mu or even more likely from an old CREATIVE card..even onboard chip or an old soundblaster..don't know what you had there installed before)

You'll have to go to the registry, hit the Find there and search for "ctasio"..I would remove it if I were you (ok, make sure you have a whole system backup first..or just export the ctasio lines you find before deleting them..it's probably just ONE entry that really matters and makes Sonar to still see that)

..fixed some typos!

maikii
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 525
    RE: CTASIO Warning 2008/09/05 20:26:28 (permalink)
    I find that error message very annoying! I sure wish that E-Mu had not been bought by Creative.

I do have an E-Mu interface installed, the 1616M. However, sometimes I use another interface. Sometime I even use the laptop's built-in sound card, with ASIO4ALL.

However, whenever I open an app in ASIO mode, and the E-Mu card is not installed, I get that error message. It's no big deal, just click OK to make it go away.

Yet, I find it quite annoying. Why do I need to see an error message like that, when there is no error. I know that no Creative-E-Mu product is inserted, I don't need to get an error message telling me that.

I don't know if I could do the tweaks others have mentioned here, because I do sometimes use the E-Mu card, and don't know if one of those changes would disable that card.

Anyone know of a tweak to make that message go away, without harming the functionality of the E-Mu card?
    maikii
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 525
    Re: RE: CTASIO Warning 2009/12/23 18:20:38 (permalink)
    Ditto to what I wrote above. Anyone have a solution?

I sometimes use the E-Mu card, so don't want to uninstall, and won't work if I rename that file. Yet, it is a pain in the neck when I am not using the E-Mu card, and open an application that supports ASIO.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1