Cakewalk .WRK files

Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
2008/04/21 08:55:43
Hello,

Hope you can help me with this. I have some old songs with a .WRK ending that are songs from an old version of Cakewalk. I was wondering if my Sonar 6 will be able to open these up and use them again? Or do I need to convert them with a converter?

Thank you.
jinga8
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
RE: Cakewalk .WRK files 2008/04/21 09:05:51
You can open .wrk files with Sonar 6 no problem.
SAB
RE: Cakewalk .WRK files 2008/04/21 09:24:24
THank you. Can't wait to get home and work with them.
ohhey
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
RE: Cakewalk .WRK files 2008/04/21 09:58:09

ORIGINAL: SAB

Hello,

Hope you can help me with this. I have some old songs with a .WRK ending that are songs from an old version of Cakewalk. I was wondering if my Sonar 6 will be able to open these up and use them again? Or do I need to convert them with a converter?

Thank you.

Yes, I had a bunch of those too from Cakewalk for DOS version 5 and they worked just fine. Amazing.. I don't know many other products that can open projects that old. What I did was open them then do a Save As to create a Sonar project for each one.
NYSR
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
RE: Cakewalk .WRK files 2008/04/21 10:00:46
Be aware of a few things. Never delete the wrk files because SONAR converts them and some conversions can go wrong. Earlier versions of SONAR would sometimes create problems with wrk file conversions. I cannot recall now but it was either SONAR 2 or SONAR 3 that had some problems when converting a wrk file that contained ONLY MIDI from Pro audio 8 but where audio was added from Pro Audio 9. I found that my work around was to open the wrk file up in SONAR, create a new blank SONAR project and then copy and paste from the SONAR opened wrk file to the new SONAR file.

This was not common and you may never run into any problems, nonetheless, to be safe I would recommend that you always save an archived copy of your wrk files.
SAB
RE: Cakewalk .WRK files 2008/04/21 10:22:45
Thanks guy's.

Appreciated....
SAB
RE: Cakewalk .WRK files 2008/04/22 12:08:53
Worked just fine.

Thank you.