OT: Bankers Blues

Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
2008/09/15 18:14:10
With Fannie and Freddy gone, Bear Stearns gone, Merril Lynch swallowed up by BOM, Lehman Bros filing for CH 11, AIG teetering on the brink I am thinking we need a song about the downturn in fortunes of those with fortunes. The sad part is, all the small shareholders will loose everything, while others will profit from their fall in ways and amounts that are almost beyond imagination. The scary part is that this reduces competition and makes the surviving banks much more powerful.

I was not around during the great depression, but this is starting to look similar.This is making the dot.com bubble collapse look like a minor blip on the charts. Fortunately there is no massive drought to further weaken things.

We got the banker blues
if you invested money
they you will loose
your house, your car
you can't go far
coz the repo man
knows where you are.

Go ahead add a verse
post edited by foxwolfen - 2008/09/15 18:16:45
robby
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
RE: OT: Bankers Blues 2008/09/15 18:18:14
I just dumped the 401K in Asbestos, I think it's about to make a big come back.
lhansen
Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
RE: OT: Bankers Blues 2008/09/16 11:46:26
I think we need to go back to trading goats, sheep, and women. Now there's something 'tangible'.
foxwolfen
RE: OT: Bankers Blues 2008/09/16 11:50:59
LOL

Now I am down with that, but you forgot one important thing... vino!
SteveStrummerUK
RE: OT: Bankers Blues 2008/09/16 16:53:37
ORIGINAL: lhansen

I think we need to go back to trading goats, sheep, and women. Now there's something 'tangible'.

He he - you're on the mark there Larry.

Reminds me of the scene in The Blues Brothers when Jake and Elwood are in the posh restaraunt trying to get maître d' Mr Fabulous to rejoin the band...

Jake: How much for the little girl? How much for the women?
Father: What?
Jake: Your women. I want to buy your women. The little girl, your daughters... sell them to me. Sell me your children.

Dang it Larry - now I have to get the DVD out and watch it again

Edit - add image
post edited by SteveStrummerUK - 2008/09/16 17:02:04
johnjohn808
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
RE: OT: Bankers Blues 2008/09/16 19:59:10

ORIGINAL: SteveStrummerUK

ORIGINAL: lhansen

He he - you're on the mark there Larry.

Reminds me of the scene in The Blues Brothers when Jake and Elwood are in the posh restaraunt trying to get maître d' Mr Fabulous to rejoin the band...

Jake: How much for the little girl? How much for the women?
Father: What?
Jake: Your women. I want to buy your women. The little girl, your daughters... sell them to me. Sell me your children.

Dang it Larry - now I have to get the DVD out and watch it again

hehehe I remember that! I dig the part where they get beat up by "The Penguin" LOL

Edit - add image

auto_da_fe
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
RE: OT: Bankers Blues 2008/09/16 22:41:46
Mr CEO

Not exactly bankers blues, but very much on topic IMHO..

JR
foxwolfen
RE: OT: Bankers Blues 2008/09/16 22:52:48
Indeed, and it was outstanding.
foxwolfen
RE: OT: Bankers Blues 2008/09/22 10:22:34
Got to love the headlines in the new york times this morning.

"Big Financiers Start Lobbying for Wider Aid

Even as all details of the $700 billion bailout of the financial industry had not been hammered out, financial firms were searching for ways to profit from it."

Profit? From taxpayer bailout money?

This is definitely in need of a song. Originally I was thinking of doing something about people losing their homes, but now I think it should be about greed.
mcourter
Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
RE: OT: Bankers Blues 2008/09/22 11:05:17
I have no qualms about helping to bail out the banks and realtors. I have every confidence that when I'M suffering financial woes, they will be gracious enough to help me out in return..........NOT!

A friend who works for the bank that I have a CD with warned me that they were having bad times, and perhaps I should put my meagre savings elsewhere. I asked: "Where?" EVERYONE seems to be ailing, who can be considered safe?