Helpful ReplyPLEASE HELP!!! SAMSON G TRACK MIC

Author
Hnubci
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2008/10/26 01:19:40 (permalink)

PLEASE HELP!!! SAMSON G TRACK MIC

Hi,

I just bought a Samson G track usb mic. I am having problems with it and can't hear any sound from the mic. When I first installed it, windows recognized it and installed the driver. Under device manager, the mic is known as USB Audio Codecs. However, when I used the windows default audio test, the mic didn't work!!!

My pc is a HP Pavilion with Windows Vista Ultimate x86. The motherboard is ASUS P5LP-LE. It's on board audio is an Integrated Intel High Definition (TM) audio (Azalia)

* Realtek ALC 882 CODEC
* Supports up to 8 audio channels
* Dolby Pro Logic IIx compatible

PLEASE HELP!! Do I need to dl any softwares to get my mic going? Or do I need an external audio sound card?

THANKS SO MUCH!
ohhey
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11676
RE: PLEASE HELP!!! SAMSON G TRACK MIC 2008/10/26 13:04:43 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby yvonnechoicevoices 2015/03/27 16:24:09
ORIGINAL: Hnubci

Hi,

I just bought a Samson G track usb mic. I am having problems with it and can't hear any sound from the mic. When I first installed it, windows recognized it and installed the driver. Under device manager, the mic is known as USB Audio Codecs. However, when I used the windows default audio test, the mic didn't work!!!

My pc is a HP Pavilion with Windows Vista Ultimate x86. The motherboard is ASUS P5LP-LE. It's on board audio is an Integrated Intel High Definition (TM) audio (Azalia)

* Realtek ALC 882 CODEC
* Supports up to 8 audio channels
* Dolby Pro Logic IIx compatible

PLEASE HELP!! Do I need to dl any softwares to get my mic going? Or do I need an external audio sound card?

THANKS SO MUCH!

If you use the Samson as your sound card you need to hook your speakers or headphone to it to be able to monitor. The G Track is more then just the mic, it's the entire audio interface inside the mic. You don't want to try to use both because there is no way to get sample rate clock from one to the other. Also, do NOT let windows use the Samson driver at all !!! Use control panel to set Windows to use the Realtek for both play and record and check the box to only use default devices. This will create a "decoy" so Windows doesn't try to send anything to the G Track driver. Sonar doesn't use the Windows sound settings, it goes directly to the sound card driver so set Sonar to only use the G Track and disable the Realtek driver in Sonar.

This is the main problem with USB mics, they have to be your sound card also so you are stuck with whatever cheap sound card they put in the thing. It's better to use a audio interface with just preamps in it and then use a normal mic. That way you can upgrade either one without having to start over.
post edited by ohhey - 2008/10/26 13:07:59
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1