Guitar Tracks Pro 3 & Emu 0404 SPDIF

Author
sponnie
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13
2008/11/29 07:04:42 (permalink)

Guitar Tracks Pro 3 & Emu 0404 SPDIF

A strange problem has occured. On my old Intel computer I could use GTP3 and the 0404 SPDIF input with no problems. Now I've upgraded my computer to an AMD Dual Core and when I installed GTP3 it doesn't see the SPDIF connection at all. So there is no way for me to record my guitar via it

The only other change apart from the computer is I have a Logitech Webcam installed and that is recognised in the GTP3 drop down list. I can't see that being a problem though as it's USB.

The SPDIF output is being sent to the ASIO 5/6 Host. All I can see in the GTP3 drop down lists are WAVE hosts.

Can anyone tell me why this isn't working on the new computer and how I can hopefully rectify it please?

XP is the only operating system I've used on both computers.

Thanks very much for any advice.

4 Replies Related Threads

sponnie
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13
    RE: Guitar Tracks Pro 3 & Emu 0404 SPDIF 2008/11/29 07:39:37 (permalink)
    Well it gets stranger now, I just went to Audio - Advanced settings and chose ASIO from the drop down list. I then restarted the computer and now GTP3 won't start properly at all! What happens is the start up screen flashes on and then it disappears again. It's not in the Windows Task Manager either so it definitely starts then stops immediately.

Why on earth would changing it to ASIO have caused that? I can't even get it started to change it back lol
    RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    RE: Guitar Tracks Pro 3 & Emu 0404 SPDIF 2008/11/29 12:34:42 (permalink)
    For the first problem, when you start GTP3 (or any Cakewalk software), it defaults to WDM driver mode. In this mode, your ASIO drivers are invisible to the software.
    I don't use the S/PDIF input, but it looks like you really need to be using ASIO to access it.
    On to the second problem. The wabcam may be an issue. Yes, it's USB, but it's still an audio device, and it could be causing a conflict.
    Disconnect it for the moment. Is your onboard sound card disabled?
    When you look in Task Manager, are you checking both Applications and Processes? It may not show in Applications, but if the process has hung up, it will still be active in Processes, and you may have to end it from there.
    Navigate to the GTP folder from Windows Explorer, and delete the AUD.INI file.
    Now try to start GTP3. Any luck?
    If so, step through the start-up procedure. Since you will be using ASIO, the Wave Profiler does not need to run.
    Change your driver Mode to ASIO, exit and restart the program only. Do not restart the computer.
    GTP3 should start normally.
    You will need to go back into Options>Audio>Drivers, and select the Inputs and Outputs you wish to use.
    Makse sure the E-MU shows in Recording and Playback Timing Masters under the General tab.
    You will probably have to restart the program again.
    Hope that helps. Good luck.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    pistolpete
    Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1584
    RE: Guitar Tracks Pro 3 & Emu 0404 SPDIF 2008/11/29 12:43:32 (permalink)
    Rename your aud.ini file and it should recreate a new one with the correct settings when you reset your audio settings. You might consider and upgrade to the Emu too.
    cjlinus
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 446
    RE: Guitar Tracks Pro 3 & Emu 0404 SPDIF 2008/11/29 19:10:19 (permalink)
    Sponnie,

In GT3 did you check in Options> Audio to see if the S/PDIF driver is highlighted? If not, once you get the program to open again, look to make sure that it's highlighted, it won't be in your drop down menu unless it's selected.

When I was a kid we had to use Portastudios, uphill! both ways!!

Listen to my songs here
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1