UA-4X

Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
2009/08/03 01:52:36
Anyone have this yet? I was considering one for my laptops and was wondering if anyone had any experiences with it good or otherwise...
silvercn
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
Re:UA-4X 2009/08/10 11:06:12
HI - It's UA-4FX I believe.......I have one and have been using for a couple of years now (sounds like a lot of time - but doing part time recording when I get a chance and the house is quiet.) For the money it is a very good unit, with a lot of different effects and modes. Keep in mind that it takes in one channel at a time......so you cannot record and instrument and vocal for example, simltaneously. In my case, I put down the guitar track first and then vocal.....BUT I am wanting to upgrade to a multichannel interface so that I can do a "live play" set up of playing my guitar and singing at the same time. Otherwise this has been a very good unit. Do you have a specidic question on it other than this???
silvercn
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
Re:UA-4X 2009/08/10 11:10:17
ps - I noticed that Calkwalk is now advertising "New" audio interface products, however the UA-4fx has been around a while and the connection is that Edirol is Roland is Cakewalk..they are all married !
JD1813
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
Re:UA-4X 2009/12/14 11:37:59
I know it's been awhile since this thread was started but I just noticed it, at a time when I just made the switch from MC5 to Sonar 8.5.2  and I've been using the UA-4FX for a year now.  I've been quite happy with its performance but only recently have I tried to move it beyond its 44.1khz sampling setting and attempt to use the 96Mhz settings. 

First, why does it have a separate switch setting for record(r) and playback(p), for 96khz sampling?  Do they really expect us to flip a switch to one or the other each time we record a track and then try to play it back?  We didn't need that in 44.1 or 48 settings!   The manual says nothing about how this setting is to work.  Further, I have not been ABLE to get it to work.  MC5 seems to have only as high as a 48Khz sampling rate - the drop-down in the sampling rate screen only goes to 48.  Sonar goes all the way up, but when I try to set the Edirol to 96 on either setting, restart either by unplug/plug in the USB, or power cycle the whole PC and box, Sonar loses the Edirol setting altogether and sees no interface.  Can anyone verify the usability of the 96Khz sampling setting with this unit?   Thanks!