Windows 7 & Core Parking .... a *better* way to Turn It OFF ....

Author
TomG
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 339
2009/11/01 05:11:13 (permalink)

Windows 7 & Core Parking .... a *better* way to Turn It OFF ....

Firstly major props to new forum member sky60234 for the following method.

Some of you will recall my previous regedit to turn-off Win 7 Core Parking here:-  http://forum.cakewalk.com/fb.ashx?m=1852473

This is now superseded by a much better method.   Thanks to  sky60234   there is now an  easier  / non-destructive  /  fully reversible  way to do this - ie: no deletions of .Reg keys needed - only an entry value adjustment.

In short, here is the better method from sky60234:-

- Go to Regedit

- Find this key:-  " 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583 "

- Within this key, there is a value called:  " ValueMax "

- This value represents the % number of cores the system will park - the default 100%  ie:  all Cores are potentially park-able

- Change the value from 64 to 0 so the " ValueMin "  and  " ValueMax " are both zero

- You will have to find the key a few times and repeat the process for each time it is found - the number of instances will depend on the number of power profiles in your system  [  in my DAW it was only found twice ]

- Do a full shutdown and power-off and cold-re-start

I have tested the above on a clean Windows 7 x64 / Clean 8.5.1 install and it works perfectly - all Cores are available at all times and none are ever parked - the result  =  even CPU loads at all times regardless of loads.

As sky60234 noted, the advantage of the above is that nothing at all is being deleted from the Registry -  all that is being done is that a value is being adjusted.

Again, major thanks and props to   sky60234  for this excellent  fix.

Tom
post edited by TomG - 2009/11/01 05:18:23

65 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1