Taking Sonar in to Overdrive.

Author
stjay1
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 268
2010/02/21 01:01:49 (permalink)

Taking Sonar in to Overdrive.

Hi every one, I would like your opinions on my band Overdrive's first single "Forgive Me." It's a 7 member band from Trinidad in the caribbean. Our all female front line features 4 beautiful and very talented young ladies. We have been defining our sound over the last 2 years, and we now feel like we have successfully blended the sound of the caribbean with just enough of the international commercial sound to have people world wide sing along and dance to our music. Overdrive's whole album is being done completely in Sonar, so this is why I want to hear from you all, about what you think of the recording, mixing and overall production. We hope to travel through out the Caribbean, Europe and North America this year promoting our band and album, and I am hoping that if all goes well, it could be some good promo for Sonar as the da of choice for serious musicians and producers world wide. Look forward to your valueable opinions and support of Overdrive. Thanks for taking the time to read this message and listen to our music.
Jason

http://www.sendspace.com/file/euph5z

10 Replies Related Threads

Crg
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7719
    Re:Taking Sonar in to Overdrive. 2010/02/21 09:30:08 (permalink)
    You should open a soundclick account or provide a link to a site that doesn't require a download to hear the song. Some people might be hesitant to download a file from an obscure site.

Craig DuBuc
    papa2005
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3250
    Re:Taking Sonar in to Overdrive. 2010/02/21 09:57:43 (permalink)
    You'll also get a lot more response if you post in the appropriate (Songs) forum...

Regards,
    Papa

CLICK HERE for a link to support for SONAR 8.5

CLICK HERE to view a list of video tutorials...

CLICK HERE for a link to Getting Started with Session Drummer 3...
    stjay1
    Re:Taking Sonar in to Overdrive. 2010/02/21 14:34:32 (permalink)
    Thanks Guys, Where is the songs forum? And how do I open a soundclick.com account, please point me in the right direction? Sorry to seem so ignorant, but I have not done any thing like this before. I am really looking forward to you guy's opinions, since I really value your knoledge. Thanks again.
    Jason                                            
    nprime
    Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2423
    Re:Taking Sonar in to Overdrive. 2010/02/21 14:38:13 (permalink)
    Please tell me you don't really need to be told where the "Songs" forum is, I mean, have you tried looking?

...as to the second question...

How about typing soundclick.com into your address bar and following the directions?

There's ignorance and then there is laziness..

Listen

Sonar 5PE
    Intel DP35DP, E6750, 3 GB, 80GB/320 GB
    Scope (6 DSP) w/A16 interface
    PadKontrol, Legacy Series MS20, EZDrummer.
    MIDIMINDS
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 144
    Re:Taking Sonar in to Overdrive. 2010/02/21 14:49:02 (permalink)
    stjay1

Thanks Guys, Where is the songs forum? And how do I open a soundclick.com account, please point me in the right direction? Sorry to seem so ignorant, but I have not done any thing like this before. I am really looking forward to you guy's opinions, since I really value your knoledge. Thanks again.
    Jason                                            
    Songs Forum

Soundclick

@nprime:  Sometimes it takes just as much time/effort to be helpful as it does to be judgmental.

________
    Jay
    MIDIMINDS
    stjay1
    Re:Taking Sonar in to Overdrive. 2010/02/21 15:25:28 (permalink)
    Hey, No need to be nasty. I am visually impaired, and it could be quite chalenging navigating my way on the web using screen reading software. Hope you got some kind of fulfilment being nasty. To the second replyer, thanks for the links. I really appreciate it. will get some sighted help to set up the sound click account later today, then I will post a link on the songs forum for who ever is interested to my band's music. Best regards. Jason
    simpleman
    • Total Posts : 262
    Re:Taking Sonar in to Overdrive. 2010/02/21 15:27:40 (permalink)
    I have my roots in Trinidad also and I am willing to be more compromising. How about expanding your media communications, providing you have already not done so, My Space etc. along with Sound Click.
    Anyway I listened to the production and I’m pleased with it. A bit old skool  on this track though. My opinion, you should get a sound identity to cut through this traditional genre to leap ahead of the game, to be a real winner. But, if this is your thing who am I to say.
    Kudos to you for using Sonar, Ray Charles must be smiling with you for this.

Looking forward to see your ladies on Myspace.
    stjay1
    Re:Taking Sonar in to Overdrive. 2010/02/21 15:59:53 (permalink)
    Hey man, Thanks a lot for your reply. Some of the other songs on the album are indeed more edgy, and cut through a bit more, it's just that I posted this 1 because I am in to lush harmonies etc. The girls will be setting up the my space account later this week. I was just a bit over excited for you guys to hear the material, this is why I posted so soon. What's really cool, is that Sonar is now working really good with my screen reading software, so I was able to record and mix all of the songs, and have constant speach output of what's going on in sonar, plug-in parameters, level meters, soft synths etc. Very cool. More opinions good or bad welcome in the mean time while we get more stuff out there on my space, the songs forum here etc.
    Jason
    jwh
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 754
    Re:Taking Sonar in to Overdrive. 2010/02/21 16:19:44 (permalink)
    stjay1

Hey man, Thanks a lot for your reply. Some of the other songs on the album are indeed more edgy, and cut through a bit more, it's just that I posted this 1 because I am in to lush harmonies etc. The girls will be setting up the my space account later this week. I was just a bit over excited for you guys to hear the material, this is why I posted so soon. What's really cool, is that Sonar is now working really good with my screen reading software, so I was able to record and mix all of the songs, and have constant speach output of what's going on in sonar, plug-in parameters, level meters, soft synths etc. Very cool. More opinions good or bad welcome in the mean time while we get more stuff out there on my space, the songs forum here etc.
    Jason
    Hi stjay 1,
    Had a listen to the song and was impressed, had a good feel to it,not my type of music but I can appreciate as one musician to another what a good vibe it has, did you record and master this all on Sonar ? good luck to you man.

Cheers
     jwh   

i7/16GB RAM, Win 10 X 64, Sonar Platinum
    Komplete Audio 6, HagstromF200P, Ibanez Talman, Fender Bass, Rokit 8 Monitors, Maschine MK2, TC Voicelive Touch, Spark LE  

http://www.reverbnation.com/thesubroom 
    http://www.facebook.com/thesubroom   
    stjay1
    Re:Taking Sonar in to Overdrive. 2010/02/21 20:22:17 (permalink)
    Hi, thanks a lot. Song was recorded and mixed in Sonar, I sent it to a mastering house here in Trinidad, but the difference between the premaster and mastered versions is very small. Mastered version a bit louder, as well as some overall slight compression and limitting.
    I was really amazed with the kind of quality I was abled to achieve with in the box mixing.
    Jason
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1