HELP Cakewalk pitch shifter

Author
billbreeze
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18
2010/04/26 02:44:54 (permalink)

HELP Cakewalk pitch shifter

Just spent 4 hours recording a song, using Sonar 8 Producer, added plug in Pitch shifter from cakewalk, played everything ok, came back later, reloaded sonar to listen to the song & everything froze. the pitch shifter plug in box was outlined & flashing but black in the middle, could do absolutly nothing but go into end task, couldnt even shut the program down from Sonar! It was the f irst time I used Pitch shifter. Is there anything I can do to save the song? All my other songs that I recorded in Sonar work fine, just this one completely freezes everything up! Thanks if there is anyone who can help me with this

2 Replies Related Threads

papa2005
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3250
    Re:HELP Cakewalk pitch shifter 2010/04/26 04:45:11 (permalink)
    What were you trying to do with Pitch Shift?

Regards,
    Papa

CLICK HERE for a link to support for SONAR 8.5

CLICK HERE to view a list of video tutorials...

CLICK HERE for a link to Getting Started with Session Drummer 3...
    thatonejonguy
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 74
    Re:HELP Cakewalk pitch shifter 2010/04/26 06:08:53 (permalink)
    billbreeze

Just spent 4 hours recording a song, using Sonar 8 Producer, added plug in Pitch shifter from cakewalk, played everything ok, came back later, reloaded sonar to listen to the song & everything froze. the pitch shifter plug in box was outlined & flashing but black in the middle, could do absolutly nothing but go into end task, couldnt even shut the program down from Sonar! It was the f irst time I used Pitch shifter. Is there anything I can do to save the song? All my other songs that I recorded in Sonar work fine, just this one completely freezes everything up! Thanks if there is anyone who can help me with this

Hold down the shift key when opening your project to start it in safe mode. You'll be asked one by one which plugins to load. Select not to load the pitch shifter. Then save your project under a different name.

You can try inserting the pitch shifter again at this point. If it still causes problems you may want to try reinstalling that plugin. Alternatively you could try another pitch shifting plugin as well. For a general granular pitch shifting effect I tend to reach for the PitchShifter from rs-met.com. It's free.

Hope that helps,
    -Jon
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1