Using Jammer Pro plugin with Sonar X1

Author
dscoyne
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 121
2012/03/19 22:01:03 (permalink)

Using Jammer Pro plugin with Sonar X1

I use an arranging program called Jammer Pro, similar to Biab.  It has a separate plugin program which can be opened in Sonar so that both programs can run at the same time, and changes made in Jammer Pro will be reflected in the song in Sonar.

But the problem is that Sonar will not play any sounds when Jammer is open.  I am wondering if this is because I am using ASIO, and if I might remedy the problem by using WDM instead.  I have checked the option in Sonar that supposedly allows another program to coexist, but that is no help.

I am using Windows XP, with Intel i5, 3.5GB Ram.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?  Thanks.

4 Replies Related Threads

Lazyboy
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 28
    Re:Using Jammer Pro plugin with Sonar X1 2012/03/19 22:22:35 (permalink)
    You're doing better than I am. I can't get Cakewalk to even list the Jammer pro or Jammer drummer plug in. I've made sure that they are in the correct directories, etc. Jammer recommends you use the mfx instead of the vst.
    kellerpj
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 287
    Re:Using Jammer Pro plugin with Sonar X1 2012/03/19 22:43:35 (permalink)
    dscoyne:

I really like Jammer.  It helps people like me to jumpstart the creative process.  I used to use it quite extensively.

As I understand it, the Jammer Pro plugin can only be played from Sonar.  Apparently, this is due to the plugin specification which doesn't allow a plugin to tell a host to play, stop, etc.

I was able to get around this by configuring Jammer Pro as a MIDI controller (using Maple MIDI virtual MIDI cable) simultaneously with the Jammer Pro plugin.  It was a long time ago, but as I remember, it worked quite well.  It allowed me to use Jammer Pro to "build" MIDI tracks, playing the synths through Sonar as a VST host.  When the Jammer Pro plugin was then inserted as a MIDI effect on a MIDI track, I could then control Jammer Pro from Sonar.

Like you, at the time, I was running Windows XP on a much less powerfull system then you have.

Here's a link to how I set up Jammer Pro to use the TTS-1 in Sonar as a VST host.

Hopefully this will get you the functionality you are seeking,
    Paul
    carlosagm79
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 301
    Re:Using Jammer Pro plugin with Sonar X1 2012/03/20 06:33:42 (permalink)
    I still have a problem, the measure showed in Jammer its delayed , I mean its not exactly what Sonar its playing at that time.... any idea?
    kellerpj
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 287
    Re:Using Jammer Pro plugin with Sonar X1 2012/03/21 21:21:15 (permalink)
    carlosagm79:

I remember seeing this also.  I don't remember specifically which setting it was, but there was a setting to set the MIDI playback buffer size in milliseconds in Sonar 7.  Making it a smaller number reduced the difference in what Jammer was showing in its Measures View, and what was being played by Sonar 7 track view.

The corresponding setting in X1d can be set by selecting Edit/Preferences to show the preferences dialog.  When the Preferences dialog shows, choose Midi/Playback and Recording on the left menu.  The detail pane should be displayed on the right.  In the detail pane under the Playback section the setting is called Prepare Using:  ___ Millisecond Buffers.

Reducing that number will reduce the difference between the current measure showing as being played in Jammer's Measures View and Sonar X1's current now time.

Hopefully this helps,
    Paul
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1