Changing the tempo for an entire song....

Author
mitchpetel
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 275
2012/03/28 11:57:29 (permalink)

Changing the tempo for an entire song....

I have a completed song consisting of a single midi track and several audio tracks. The are multiple clips in each audio track. The current project tempo of 120bpm is a bit too slow and I'd like to speed it up a bit. I've done some reading and watched some videos on the Audiosnap feature. Can I accomplish my goal inside of X1 Studio and is Audiosnap the tool for the job? Thanks Pete

Sonar X1 Studio, Win 10 64bit , Roland Quad-Capture, (Alesis MultiMix16 USB 2.0 , Zoom R16), M Audio KeyRig 49 USB controller ezDrummer, NI Studio Drummer, Groove Monkee MIDI loops, PODxt,

3 Replies Related Threads

mauryw
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 445
    Re:Changing the tempo for an entire song.... 2012/03/28 12:35:41 (permalink)
    I am not very experienced with audio snap, and from the various videos and my own attempts to do it on a track by track basis, I have foudn the process within SONAR to be tedious and computer intensive.  I bought Samplitude Red Roaster a long time ago to be my CD Mastering softare and have upgraded through version 8.  I will mix down my SOnar project and change tempo within Samplitude.  It is foolproof (yes even for me), immediate, and by my ear, artifact-free. 

Larry Williams

A process can not be understood by stopping it. One must flow with it and become one.

SONAR Platinum x64, WIN 7 Pro x64, i5-2500K, z68 mobo, 8 Gb RAM, Roland Quad-Capture, 2 SSds, 3 SATA HDDs
    Blogman
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 481
    Re:Changing the tempo for an entire song.... 2012/03/29 09:14:22 (permalink)
    Save as, stretching tempo. (Just in case you need to try again) Then bounce audio to single clips that start at zero. highlight all audio tracks, Open audio snap palette, select clip follow project (stretch option on little tab), then select select the lrendering mode (mix for polyphonic stuff, solo vocal for vocal, solo bass) if unsure select Radius Mix. (make sure all audio tracks snap settings changed, if you left them all selected). Finally, change the tempo of the file to your desire tempo. Online rendering decides how it sounds as you're listening. (X1D has problems with groove clip enabled, tempo changed, and then click round the timeline... different thread) Anyway, you can then highlight the audio clips and bounce them down to hear the permanent sound and lock in the tempo, or leave them to stretch and change your mind some more. Midi will automatically follow. I like to map out the tempo maps of songs and then speed them up or slow them down. FUN!
    mitchpetel
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 275
    Re:Changing the tempo for an entire song.... 2012/03/29 10:10:13 (permalink)
    Thanks very much for the help guys!! I'll post how I make out.

Sonar X1 Studio, Win 10 64bit , Roland Quad-Capture, (Alesis MultiMix16 USB 2.0 , Zoom R16), M Audio KeyRig 49 USB controller ezDrummer, NI Studio Drummer, Groove Monkee MIDI loops, PODxt,
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1