Sonar X1 Prod Ex crashing again on a large project

Author
CdrDave
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 50
2012/05/15 15:49:14 (permalink)

Sonar X1 Prod Ex crashing again on a large project

This is the second time this has happened to me: I get near completion on a large symphonic movie cue (20-30 samples loaded) and I can no longer load the project because Sonar crashes.  After googling this problem, I was actually surprised to find out about the "Safe Mode" method of loading a project. 

So, I loaded said project in safe mode, and OK'd one track at a time until Sonar crashed - it was on something similar to "LRS track bus GroovePlayer" (I don't remember adding anything with this label to my project).  So, next time, I load the same project in safe mode and choose "NO" for loading this item and Sonar still crashes after my choice.

Any further ideas?  I'm losing out on finishing a film score in time because of these crashes.  Since this happened last time on a large project, I've gotten into the habit of keeping 50+ backup saves.  So, I've also tried renaming one of the earlier saves to see if it will load and the exact same thing happens.  There is no way I am interested in trying to recreate this entire orchestral mockup from scratch 

2 Replies Related Threads

Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re:Sonar X1 Prod Ex crashing again on a large project 2012/05/15 16:03:36 (permalink)
    Firstly: Please, add your system and soundcards specs. It's essential to offer the necessary info that makes answering possible, if you want further, or any, ideas.

Secondly: This is the SONAR 8.5 and back forum, not X1.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    CdrDave
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50
    Re:Sonar X1 Prod Ex crashing again on a large project 2012/05/15 16:07:42 (permalink)
    Apologies - it was the result of a search engine find and I posted without checking.  I'll move my post to X1.  

Thanks.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1