Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resolved

Author
Funkybot
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 796
2012/12/30 21:46:47 (permalink)

Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resolved

Coming from Sonar 8.5 to X2, one of my biggest pet peeves is a new issue that was introduced. If I try to save a preset in a U-he synth in Sonar X2 (or X1), I can't type in the full preset name because the "Give All Keystrokes To Plugin" setting doesn't work with U-he synths. Note this used to work in Sonar 8.5.

I've reported this to Cakewalk via the Problem Reporter and never heard back.

I've sent Cakewalk a tech support email, and never heard back.

I contacted U-he tech support, and they responded the next day to say the issue is exclusive to newer versions of Sonar and is on Cakewalk to fix. They can't update their plugin for something that happens in a single DAW, which I don't blame them, especially since this is something that worked fine prior to X1.
So I'm curious, will this get fixed or will it be one of those bugs that carries on from version to version of Sonar?

Intel i7 4790k, ASUS Z97-A mobo, 16GB Kingston DDR3 RAM, Windows 10 x64,  UAD2 Duo, RME Fireface 800, Sonar X1/X2 Producer

29 Replies Related Threads

sharke
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13933
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2012/12/30 21:50:55 (permalink)
    The same thing happened to me with another plug or synth a couple of weeks ago, but I can't for the life of me remember which one it was. Was trying to type a preset name but was activating some Sonar keyboard shortcut instead. Gave up eventually. 

James
    Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
    Funkybot
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2012/12/30 21:52:15 (permalink)
    Just to be thorough...

To Reproduce:

1. Load a U-he synth like DIVA
    2. Open the GUI, move some knobs until you have a preset you're happy with
    3. In the plugin menu, click the "Give All Keystrokes To Plugin" icon to turn that on
    4. Try to save the preset using the internal preset browser - give it a name like "Pad - Big Cheesey Pad"

Result: The "Give All Keystrokes To Plugin" feature has no effect. The second you get to the "a" in the word "pad" the AudioSnap palette opens.

CWBRN-11527

Intel i7 4790k, ASUS Z97-A mobo, 16GB Kingston DDR3 RAM, Windows 10 x64,  UAD2 Duo, RME Fireface 800, Sonar X1/X2 Producer
    Funkybot
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2012/12/30 21:54:04 (permalink)
    sharke

The same thing happened to me with another plug or synth a couple of weeks ago, but I can't for the life of me remember which one it was. Was trying to type a preset name but was activating some Sonar keyboard shortcut instead. Gave up eventually. 

This one ends up being a workflow killer for me. I'll end up giving it a name like "P," then have to leave Sonar, go to Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder with the preset, and rename it from "p" to whatever I wanted to call it in the first place. Very annoying. I'm hoping this gets fixed in an upcoming update, and maybe bringing some attention to the issue here will help...

Shambler
    • Total Posts : 783
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2012/12/31 03:26:13 (permalink)
    I type the text into notepad then copy and paste it to Zebra2.

I have similar issues with East West plugins, there are doubtless other synths that 'give all keystrokes' does not work on either.

Seems to work with CamlAudio's Alchemy just fine though.

SONAR Platypus on Win10 64bit.
    Studio One Pro / Cubase Pro 9.5...just in case.
    8GB i7-2600 3.4GHz Gigabyte  Z68XP-UD3P
    Geforce GTX970
    Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd Gen
    Prophet 12/Rev 2/Virus Snow
    Zebra2/DIVA/NI Komplete 10
    Funkybot
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2012/12/31 10:26:16 (permalink)
    Shambler

I type the text into notepad then copy and paste it to Zebra2.

I have similar issues with East West plugins, there are doubtless other synths that 'give all keystrokes' does not work on either.

Seems to work with CamlAudio's Alchemy just fine though.

That's a great workaround. Annoyed I didn't I think of it first. Thanks for the tip!

That said...this is really something Cakewalk should address. Especially since it's not limited to U-he synths. The only reason I brought those up in particular was because I know "Give All Keystrokes To Plugin" works with them in Sonar 8.5, so Cakewalk clearly did something in between 8.5 and X1 (which is where the problem started) to break this feature on some plugins.

SFAM
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2014/10/24 15:57:52 (permalink)

Has there been any improvement with this key-binding situation?  Any trick to let a user have a decent workflow using U-He (and other) plugins and X3???

I just bought U-He Zebra2 and I'm crestfallen that Sonar X3 does not work well with it!  I'm fairly new to X3 also, and finding the transition from v6 to be a good deal more annoying than I had imagined, but this inability to turn all key-binding off AND X3 not working correctly with U-He plugins to be a real deal-breaker for me!  Never had these issues (or even the need to hit the 'give keystrokes to plugin' button) with past versions of Sonar, even using the Zebra2 demo and other U-he plugins!

Upon finding the keystroke to plugin issue, I immediately contacted U-He for some insight and Rob explained this is a long-running and well documented (and bug submitted) issue with the Sonar X series.  And I gather this is true as I see users of plugins from other developers having these same issues as well.

A quick Google of "sonar x3 give all keystrokes to plugin" shows dozens of complaints of these issues spanning many years, mostly from the CW forums.  Surely these 2 issues have been addressed somewhere along the line of the past 3-4 years!?

And for those keeper score at home, the 2 issues are (if either worked, we could get there from here!):

1) Selecting the 'Give All Keystrokes to Plugin" button on the plugin doesn't work correctly, so you can't type in the plugin info windows, like when adding performance notes to patch or even renaming the patch. When you do try to type in the plugin, you simply activate the underlying Sonar key-binding.

2) There is no way to disable the Sonar key-binding.  There's a place that says it will, but it doesn't - not even if you set all keys to "Do Nothing". I understand the CMD combo bindings will remain, but at least let us adjust the simple upper and lower case letters (and numbers) at our will!

Any and all help or insight would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

SFAM
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2014/10/27 16:06:24 (permalink)
    Anyone know if using the 32 bit or VST3 versions of these offending plugins help with at least the Give All Keystrokes To Plugin issue?  As U-He plugins would appear to be quite popular, I can't imagine why more people aren't complaining of similar issues with X3!?  Maybe it's just that not many people that use U-He plugins also use Sonar X3.  Maybe the Sonar X series is just on its last legs as far as popularity goes.  The once mighty must eventually fall, I suppose. Hard to say.

lawp
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1154
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2014/10/27 16:37:49 (permalink)
    This should be in the problem reports forum

sstteerreeoo ffllllaanngge
    Splat
    • Total Posts : 8672
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2014/10/27 19:03:14 (permalink)
    lawp
    This should be in the problem reports forum

Some say it works with some plugins but not others.
    Also only some people here are using X3E. Others are not.
    I'm not seeing a real smoking gun right now, I'm not saying there's no issue, but it would extremely be hard to pass this over to Cakewalk developers as a reproducible issue with Cakewalk code at this stage.
    So keeping the thread here in the Sonar forums for further troubleshooting, this thread seems rather a mixed bag of issues in different environments/plugins, it's hard to say there is a specific issue happening.

Ta.

Sell by date at 9000 posts. Do not feed.
    @48/24 & 128 buffers latency is 367 with offset of 38.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
    lawp
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2014/10/28 09:27:45 (permalink)
    it worked pre-x-series, and steps to reproduce are included above :-)

lawp
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2014/10/28 09:28:59 (permalink)
    eta, the specific issue is that "Give All Keystrokes To Plugin" doesn't work with all plugins ;-)

SFAM
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2014/10/29 03:26:19 (permalink)
    Well, there are 2 clear issues, both all too easily reproducible, as I explained above.

The main problem for me is the "Give All Keystrokes To Plugin" button function doesn't work correctly with at least U-He Zebra2, but I see many other plugins listed in other queries on the general subject.  In the 11 years or so I've been using Sonar 6, I never had to touch the "Give All Keystrokes To Plugin" button even using various U-He offerings including Z2 demo, and in fact I was not even aware this button existed until this issue in X3E.  And I would LOVE to experience the same workflow with X3E, and beyond, as I had with v6!  I've just purchased Z2 and there must be 10k soundsets for it, and as an avid patch modifier/creator/explorer, the inability to rename and add performance info notes to patches is extremely frustrating, and a real workflow killer! (yes, I realize I can work-around using Notepad or Sonar text entry areas - but what a pointless pain!!!)

Then the second issue that kills a decent work-around is Sonar X3E's inability to unbind all Sonar key-bindings, as explained in my original post.  And I've fought and researched this situation for hours and hours!  BUT, I wouldn't be surprised if I found out I was doing something wrong somewhere, as both X3 and Z2 are new to me, and a little confusing in their complexity and options, so that brings me here...    :)

The two issues together are just a nightmare!

Thanks for any and all help!

Splat
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2014/10/29 06:51:26 (permalink)
    The question I would ask is why does it work with the vast majority of plugins and relatively few others. The standard conclusion would be in this scenario that it is a third party coding issue (the VST does something in a non standard way perhaps). However as I don't have the Sonar or third party plugin code in front of me I can't say I am entirely correct (nor can anybody).

Also it may be wrong to say all the third party plugins are suffering the same problem (maybe the same symptoms).

BTW none of these are VST3 plugins? If so try VST2.

My recommendation would be to ring Cakewalk support.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.4,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),4 x Seagate ST31500341AS (mirrored),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5.Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1.Addictive Keys,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist.Acronis True Image 2014.
    SFAM
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2014/10/29 07:24:47 (permalink)
    I agree with your basic POV, Alex, and that's the first thought that came to my mind.  But by the same token one might say; all U-He plugins worked perfectly before the X series, and now don't, and the U-He plugins haven't changed - the Sonar app has. 

But whomever is to blame for these situations (there's no way to blame U-He for the Sonar key-binding being unbindable!), I would think Cakewalk would want to contact and resolve this U-He issue ASAP, as I consider them a fairly major developer.  And from what I hear no replies have been received by anyone reporting such problems and/or submitting said bugs, since the X series began.

And to be honest, my thrill of Zebra2 far exceeds my dedication to Sonar, at this point (I mean most quality DAWs seem quite similar these days)!  It's a definite deal-breaker for me, I'm sorry to say.

Maybe a call to Customer Support is in order, but a trip to a backwoods dentist sounds less painful!  

robert_e_bone
    • Total Posts : 8968
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2014/10/29 07:57:45 (permalink)
    I think it would be worth trying to perhaps CALL Cakewalk technical support on this one, if you can at all do that.  It's a pain to take time out of the day to do so, but perhaps some real-time discussion with them might shed some light on what is happening, since you can reproduce this.

Question - are these particular plugs 32-bit or 64-bit, and are you running Sonar Xe3, and if so, is Sonar 32-bit or 64-bit?

Thanks, 

I'll also do some digging later on this morning, and I will post back if I can come up with any more questions or info.  Hang in there, 

Please Bakers - can someone jump in on this one - it may affect multiple folks out there.

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
    Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
    Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
    Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
    MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
    Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
    azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2014/10/29 13:50:46 (permalink)
    I have just checked that with TyrellN6 and X2 32bit (under Linux). My observations (with "Give All Keystrokes To Plugin" activated):
    • when I am simply focusing Tyrell, all keys I have tried produce no effect for SONAR ( 'P', 'W', 'Space')
    • if I open "Save preset" dialog, 'Space' and 'W' has no effect, but 'P' has (opens SONAR property)
    If "Give All Keystrokes To Plugin" is deactivated, all keys are processed by SONAR (as expected).

I can think about possible reason in case either all keys are blocked or all keys are not blocked. But I have no idea why the blocking can be "selective".

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    swamptooth
    Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2229
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2014/10/29 14:45:01 (permalink)
    FWIW this also happens with cakewalk synths that have popup windows.  For example: insert rapture, bring up the rapture ui, enable give all keystrokes to plugin, open rapture's modulation matrix window, double-click on depth field, type 5.  Sonar switches to screenset 5.

Arvid H. Peterson
    Sonar X3E Prod / X2A  / X1PE | Cubase 9.5.1 | Reason 9.5 | Sibelius7 | Pure Data
    Native-Instruments Komplete 10 Ultimate and a smattering of other plugins
    Home-brewed VSTs 
    Toshiba Satellite S855-S5378 (16GB RAM, modified with 2x 750GB HDDs, Windows 8.1 x64)  
    Samson Graphite 49, M-Audio Oxygen 49, Korg nanoPAD2, Webcam motion tracking programs 
    M-Audio Fast Track Ultra
    Member, ASCAP   

Anderton
    • Total Posts : 14070
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2014/10/29 15:33:31 (permalink)
    swamptooth
    FWIW this also happens with cakewalk synths that have popup windows.  For example: insert rapture, bring up the rapture ui, enable give all keystrokes to plugin, open rapture's modulation matrix window, double-click on depth field, type 5.  Sonar switches to screenset 5.

Good catch! But as far as I can tell that happens only in the mod matrix window. On the main page, if you double-click on a field, you can type in a parameter value regardless of whether "give all keystrokes to plug-in" is enabled or disabled. I never noticed  because I always use the scroll wheel.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
    swamptooth
    Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2229
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2014/10/29 16:33:45 (permalink)
    thanks, craig.  having a load of fun with electronic guitars, btw.  nice work!

Arvid H. Peterson
    Sonar X3E Prod / X2A  / X1PE | Cubase 9.5.1 | Reason 9.5 | Sibelius7 | Pure Data
    Native-Instruments Komplete 10 Ultimate and a smattering of other plugins
    Home-brewed VSTs 
    Toshiba Satellite S855-S5378 (16GB RAM, modified with 2x 750GB HDDs, Windows 8.1 x64)  
    Samson Graphite 49, M-Audio Oxygen 49, Korg nanoPAD2, Webcam motion tracking programs 
    M-Audio Fast Track Ultra
    Member, ASCAP   

Anderton
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2014/10/29 18:50:15 (permalink)
    swamptooth
    thanks, craig.  having a load of fun with electronic guitars, btw.  nice work!

Thanks! I use it all the time myself. BTW I'm working on additional guitar-oriented expansion packs...being at Gibson gives me access to the World's Ultimate Lending Library for Guitars.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
    Mitch_I
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 212
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2015/01/26 15:42:48 (permalink)
    Good news. I think this is fixed.

I just installed the new Sonar, and I'm trying a few things out. Here's the procedure I tried in X3 and then in Sonar Platinum:

1. Open Zebra, Diva, or Bazille.
    2. Open the patch browser.
    3. Click the Give all Keystrokes to Plug-in icon.
    4. Select a patch and click Save.
    5. In the Enter Presetname box, type some letters and numbers.

In X3 the results depend on what you type. In other words, Sonar still owns most keystrokes.
    In Platinum the text you type appears in the box as you type it. No surprises.

Thank you, Cakewalk!
    Splat
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2015/01/26 16:00:45 (permalink)
    I have a feeling we are going to be seeing a lot more posts like this soon... Exciting times..

skitch_84
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 480
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2015/01/26 22:32:21 (permalink)
    Mitch_I

I just installed the new Sonar, and I'm trying a few things out. Here's the procedure I tried in X3 and then in Sonar Platinum:

1. Open Zebra, Diva, or Bazille.
    2. Open the patch browser.
    3. Click the Give all Keystrokes to Plug-in icon.
    4. Select a patch and click Save.
    5. In the Enter Presetname box, type some letters and numbers.

In X3 the results depend on what you type. In other words, Sonar still owns most keystrokes.
    In Platinum the text you type appears in the box as you type it. No surprises.

Thank you, Cakewalk!

I had the same issue when trying to register U-He's Satin plugin. I was able to workaround the issue by just copying and pasting the text as others have mentioned. I should add though, when you're naming presets or the like, it doesn't have to be even as complicated as opening Notepad, typing it there, and then copying and pasting the text. You can just type it anywhere in Windows and copy and paste it. If you're on Windows 8, just hit the "Windows" button on your keyboard, start typing the name of your preset and it will automatically enter what you're typing into the search bar. You can copy and paste it from that. I only requires you to press one button, type what you want, then CTRL+C, CTRL+V into the synth's text box :)

I'm glad to hear that the problem appears to have been fixed in Platinum though. Despite an easy workaround, it's still an annoying thing to have to deal with :)

Chris Porter
    www.cportermusic.com
    Listen to my original work on Soundcloud and YouTube
    Get my original soundtracks on Bandcamp 
    Sonar Platinum "2017.04", Windows 10 64-bit, ASUS Z170-A, i7 6700K (4.0GHz), 32GB DDR4 RAM, 250GB SSD 850 EVO (OS/Sonar/Plugins), 1TB SSD 850 EVO (Sample Libraries), 3TB WD Black HDD (projects/audio), Noctua NH-D14 Cooling Unit, PreSonus AudioBox USB Interface, M-AUDIO Oxygen49
    SFAM
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2015/01/28 15:05:32 (permalink)
    Mitch_I

I hope you're right, Mitch! 

I'd love to hear from a few more users saying this issue is fixed before I spend more money on this software!  In truth, I really don't feel like I should need to buy another version (in less than a year) simply to get a bug fix!!!  I REALLY think Cakewalk should apply this fix to the X Series!  I guess the Sonar X Series is going to be "Cakewalk's Vista"!

But, I have too many ongoing projects in Sonar to simply Walk Away (James Gang), so if this is ONLY going to be fixed in the NEW series, I'll probably sink more money into the beast, because it sure is a major workflow killer as it is now!  And unfortunately, I've lost my trust in the once mighty Sonar and Cakewalk over this long-standing issue (since X1 ferchristsake!) and its lack of attention, and already exploring new... (I almost said Vistas - but I have THAT!)  DAW software.

Any others seeing this issue (actually 2 issues!) fixed in the NEW Sonar versions?  Thanks!

And a big THANKS to Craig Anderton for a lifetime of fun and inspiration (back to the PAIA days)!  Following your project schematics was instrumental in my developing love of electro-modifying and general hardware mayhem!
    post edited by SFAM - 2015/01/28 15:21:23
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2015/01/28 15:14:23 (permalink)
    Yes, it is fixed.
    SFAM
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2015/02/04 18:01:34 (permalink)
    Thanks for the confirmation, scook!

Now, if Cakewalk would please provide a patch for the X3 line, so I don't have to spend more money to experience a well-known bug fix in their past product line(s)! 

TabSel
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 284
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2015/02/05 06:08:45 (permalink)
    NOW I'm pretty curious how Cakewalk will handle this warranty issue.

Please report back any news!

mudgel
    • Total Posts : 12010
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2015/02/05 07:44:24 (permalink)
    SFAM

Now, if Cakewalk would please provide a patch for the X3 line, so I don't have to spend more money to experience a well-known bug fix in their past product line(s)! 

Cakewalk don't patch older versions. Once a new version is released that's it.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
    PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
    Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
    Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
    Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
    Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
    Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
    Anderton
    Re:Cakewalk, Is The Bug With Sonar Stealing Keystrokes From U-he Synths Going To Get Resol 2015/02/05 10:16:37 (permalink)
    mudgel
    SFAM

Cakewalk don't patch older versions. Once a new version is released that's it.

True. Unfortunately, that's the way most software works. I've been told by other companies when I made the same inquiry that going back and doing regression testing on older versions for a subset of bug fixes (e.g., part of a bug fix update for a new version could cause problems with older versions where the feature being fixed didn't exist) is time-consuming and not factored into the initial cost of the software. I assume the answer from Cakewalk would be the same.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1