ProChannel automation causes random changes to PC controls on other tracks

Author
djh10101
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2013/05/01 18:28:18 (permalink)

ProChannel automation causes random changes to PC controls on other tracks

I submitted a Problem Report for this, the text follows. Anyone else run into this?
I have had so much trouble automating Cakewalk plugins over the years, I have pretty much decided to treat them as static, no automation possible. The exceptions are Sonitus plugins, Channel Tools, and z3ta (1, 1.5, 2.1) - I have had no problems automating them.
Using Sonar Producer X2a:
1. Create an automation envelope, including nodes and value changes, for a ProChannel EQ Gain control.
2. Leaving the ProChannel controls view tab active (ProChannel controls in view), select a different track (click on its control pane in the track area).
3. Navigation from marker to marker using C+Sh+PageUp/PageDown does not work normally any more. Normally you can hold the Ctrl and Shift keys down and press PageUp or PageDown over and over to jump from marker to marker, or even hold down the PageUp or PageDown key and the "now" cursor will rapidly advance through the markers. With the automation envelope in place, when advancing through a region of time where the envelope is causing gain changes, you must now release the Ctrl and Shift keys before the now cursor will advance to the next marker.
4. As the Ctrl and Shift keys are released and the "now" cursor advances, random changes sometimes take place for the value of ProChannel EQ Gain (mainly the same band, but I think I saw other bands affected, too) on the track in view, or on other tracks.
5. The same can occur when using the Ctrl-PageUp and Ctrl-PageDown cursor navigation method.
6. As near as I can tell, his applies to all rotary controls on the ProChannel track EQ and the ProChannel track Compressor.

3 Replies Related Threads

garyhb
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 73
    Re: ProChannel automation causes random changes to PC controls on other tracks 2015/03/06 15:46:57 (permalink)
    Hi djh10101

Re: the random eq changes during write automation, did you ever get an answer for that? I've got the same problem in two projects and so far Cakewalk support haven't given me an answer. I hoped X3 and Platinum would solve it but no. I've copied and pasted to a new project

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks

Gary

Gear: Sonar Platinum 64bit, Win 10 Pro 64bit. Soundcraft Signature MTR 22. Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 @ 3.40GHz, 16GB ECC RAM, Dell MB 0PM2CW, NVIDIA GeForce 210, 5TB WD Black storage, HannsG HT231 23" multi-touch monitor (1920x1080), LG 22" W2242S (1680x1050), Soundcraft Signature MTR 22, Adam A77X, Sonarworks Reference 3, Studiologic VMK188+  and the usual other stuff there's no space for...

dcumpian
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4124
    Re: ProChannel automation causes random changes to PC controls on other tracks 2015/03/06 16:47:44 (permalink)
    This looks like a bug I've run into as well. At the time I reported it, I was told that I was inadvertantly enabling quick-groups. I said at the time that I didn't recall using the CTRL key at any point before the problem occurred, but I had completely forgotten about moving around the PRV with CTRL-PGDN and CTRL-PGUP. I suspect that's what is creating the quick-group. When it happens to me, the PC gets activated on every track and the current EQ settings for the currently selected band get copied to every track as well.

I'm so aware of it now that I save the project after every little change, but only after verifying that the PC is not enabled on any adjacent tracks, just to be sure.

Regards,
    Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
    http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
    garyhb
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 73
    Re: ProChannel automation causes random changes to PC controls on other tracks 2015/03/31 15:54:56 (permalink)
    Thanks Dan,

Ctrl+s before write automation is the key. I do think it's a project file corruption problem.

Best

Gary

Gear: Sonar Platinum 64bit, Win 10 Pro 64bit. Soundcraft Signature MTR 22. Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 @ 3.40GHz, 16GB ECC RAM, Dell MB 0PM2CW, NVIDIA GeForce 210, 5TB WD Black storage, HannsG HT231 23" multi-touch monitor (1920x1080), LG 22" W2242S (1680x1050), Soundcraft Signature MTR 22, Adam A77X, Sonarworks Reference 3, Studiologic VMK188+  and the usual other stuff there's no space for...

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1