Amplitube Live and Twangy sound

Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
2005/01/01 12:29:08
Happy New Year everybody!

Just a quick question. Just got Amplitube Live and I've started to play with it and my Telecaster....now the presets don't include a good twangy sound for country "chicken pickin" and I'm not very experienced with amps, so is there anyone out there who knows how to get that sound?
Thanks!

Juan
jerrypettit
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
RE: Amplitube Live and Twangy sound 2005/01/01 13:12:15
Some kind of "clean" preset, kick up the treble, save as your own preset called "Chicken Picker" after you've tweaked the knobs to your satisfaction?

Jerry
Rigel Russell
RE: Amplitube Live and Twangy sound 2005/01/01 14:41:07
Try looking for a "Fender Twin" emulation and play around.
GuitarPlayer
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
RE: Amplitube Live and Twangy sound 2005/01/02 15:15:20
ORIGINAL: Rigel Russell

Try looking for a "Fender Twin" emulation and play around.

And don't forget a heap-O-compression. Nashville likes it SQUASHED!
songsmith1950
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
RE: Amplitube Live and Twangy sound 2005/01/02 19:02:29
Surely use either the Fender Twin or Fender Deluxe. Haven't used the program much but have used most sims including my favorite Vox Valvetronix. Fender Super will also work.

Use a little reverb, if there is a bright switch have it one. Don't run the drive too high as overdrive can thicken even a tele.

If the program or sim is good, don't load the treble too heavy. Run bass, treb, and middle on about 6 or so. You WILL need the bass and mid with a true tele.

Beware too much compression as it does take away from the true sound of a guitar. Some compression can be good on lead or rhythm, but a lot of compression takes the life out of your riffs. If your guitar technique is good, you don't need much anyway.

Hope this helps.

Tom
borgnine
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
RE: Amplitube Live and Twangy sound 2005/01/02 19:26:14
There are some presets on the Amplitube website in the Presets area under Support.

Here is a link: http://www.amplitube.com/Main.html?ATDownload

I believe you just download the presets and paste the file into your Amplitude Presets folder.

Borg9
The Great Juan
RE: Amplitube Live and Twangy sound 2005/01/02 21:19:49
Ey guys!

Thanks so much! It's exactly the kind of information I was looking for.....

Juan