[track] Fling It (updated)

Author
duglmac
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 94
2007/07/30 05:42:12 (permalink)

[track] Fling It (updated)

Fling It

I was inspired last night by Agincourtdb's 'Odalisque' to make a song that loops continuously, though not with piano.
It turned out surprisingly well; I am quite happy with it. Even the wife liked it.

Once again, I am a mixing novice, and this time I tried to use a limiter on the main bus. It sounds ok for the most part, but I can tell that it is drowning out the baseline at various points, especially during the 3 measures of arp track in the middle. Not sure how to fix it.
And, once again, I am at a lost at how to end it and make it sound good. I still haven't found a master fade. Any ideas?

[update] This was just going to be a one night project, but enough people told me they liked it, so I added another verse to it and improved the ending. Thanks for all the comments.

Any suggestions are welcome.

enjoy.
post edited by duglmac - 2007/08/14 13:53:26

---------------------------------------------------------------
I don't suffer from Insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

3 Replies Related Threads

Wonk
    • Total Posts : 62
    RE: [track] Fling It 2007/07/30 20:35:43 (permalink)
    Nice! It's got a very psy-trancey feel to it with lots of subtle changes and polish. I didn't have a problem with the mix, on my speakers. I'd suggest burning it to CD and taking it over to a friend's and/or a stereo shop to have a listen to it there. So far as where to take it/how to end it - I think if you really want to dig deeper, into the songs intellectual potential, there's a lot of progression (you could add more drums, too) to take it but as is, it's a nice relaxing departure to some other stuff I've been hearing lately.

Thanks for posting it.

There's a ton of ways to automate mixing in P5. I'd look at doing the tracks individually, before you hit the master fader accessible through the lower-left-hand button below the MIDI/Audio editor.

Loop Length = 60 seconds / BPM * # of Beats

http://wonk-enflame.blogspot.com/
    A Cold Conception
    • Total Posts : 79
    RE: [track] Fling It 2007/07/30 20:53:22 (permalink)

listening... i love square and pulse waves. the drums are a bit low in volume. try to give them more presence. maybe a little more reverb. i can see this song playing in the background of a videogame
    duglmac
    • Total Posts : 94
    RE: [track] Fling It 2007/08/14 06:33:15 (permalink)

THanks for the comments. As I say in the updated post above, I had a lot of people tell me they liked this, so I added another arp verse and cleaned up the ending a bit. Whovever told me about exporting with the 'only export looped section' button, thanks, that works great.

here is the song: Fling It

---------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't suffer from Insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1