transfer licence to a new pc

Author
denis hermans
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2012/06/18 03:44:13 (permalink)

transfer licence to a new pc

Hello,
I'm using GUITAR TRACKS PRO 4 on my old laptop now. I have registered the software and still have the registration code and the code that came with the package.

However I want to buy a new laptop that I will use only for recording.

Will I be able to "activate" my software on my new laptop ?
Do I have to register again or can I use my existing registration code ?
Any special "steps to take" for this transfer towards my new laptop ?

(Sorry If this a silly question )

Denis from Belgium

1 Reply Related Threads

SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    Re:transfer licence to a new pc 2012/06/19 09:43:53 (permalink)
    Hi there Denis, welcome to the forum.

In answer to your questions:

Will I be able to "activate" my software on my new laptop ?
    Yes, if you enter your serial number and then your existing registration, the software will work perfectly.

Do I have to register again or can I use my existing registration code ?
    No, you only ever have to register a single product once. If you registered online, you should be able to sign in to your account anytime to check your serial numbers and registration codes.

Any special "steps to take" for this transfer towards my new laptop ?
    No, just install it exactly as you did on your older laptop.

In fact, Cakewalk's End User Licence Agreement (EULA) basically allows you to install and register your software on any number of computers, providing it is for your use only, and that you agree to only use it on one machine at a time.

It's summed up in these two paragraphs from the Cakewalk Product Registration FAQ page:
    • Per the End User License Agreement, your purchase of the software grants you the nonexclusive license to have one person use the software on one personal computer at a time. If you want to use the product on more than one personal computer at a time, or if you want to network the product, you must obtain separate licenses from Cakewalk.
    • If you have a second computer that you use on occasion, such as a personal laptop you use when away from your desktop, you may install the product on to the additional computer. You do not need to register the product again, simply use the same registration code tied to your account that has been generated for your unique serial number. Note that per the EULA, the software must only be running on one computer at a time unless you have purchased an additional license.

Hope that makes it clear Denis!

Steve

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1