tweakDimension and Dimension LE

Author
techead
Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4353
2007/05/23 06:56:47 (permalink)

tweakDimension and Dimension LE

I did some checking on my system after installing the Project5 2.5 update with Dimension LE included. I have found that the Dimension LE softsynth has a different registry folder for its registry settings than either Dimension or Dimension Pro. For example:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Dimension\
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Dimension LE\
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Dimension Pro\

tweakDimension was originally written in 2005 for the original Dimension and was limited to only checking that first registry key. Then I updated it shortly after Dimension Pro was initially released so it could handle both the first and the second registry keys. Now that Dimension LE has been released with yet a different registry key I will be updating tweakDimension again with the third key so it can handle all three Dimension flavors.

The version of tweakDimension that has been in use up to this point is not capable of setting the registry entries for Dimension LE at this time.

-Techead

3 Replies Related Threads

stratcat33511
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3636
    RE: tweakDimension and Dimension LE 2007/06/18 11:52:35 (permalink)
    Where is this TweakDimension thingy you speak of ?
    I have this problem with DimPro !

Should I uninstall Dimension LE ( P5Version) completely ?

Where can I get this tool ?
    What do I do to get my DimPro working properly again

TIA
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: tweakDimension and Dimension LE 2007/06/18 15:27:06 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: stratcat33511

Where is this TweakDimension thingy you speak of ?
    I have this problem with DimPro !

Should I uninstall Dimension LE ( P5Version) completely ?

Where can I get this tool ?
    What do I do to get my DimPro working properly again

TIA

tweakDimension is my little problem solver for editing the registry entries that Dimension/Dimension Pro uses to find its multisample content. In a USB drive environment some people end up with different drive letters assigned to their drives when the plug/unplug their portable external hard drives where they had installed their Dimension/Dimension Pro content. It merely makes it easier for those who don't want to monkey with the Windows REGEDIT tool.

There is a link and description for it on the Project5 Wiki here: http://p5.sonarama.com/p5/index.php/TweakDimension

Once you have tweakDimension you simply run it and it will ask you to select the folder where your multisample content is stored. When you exit it updates the registry entries for Dimension/Dimension Pro. Next time either of those synths are launched they will look for their content in the "new" location.

I wouldn't uninstall Dimension LE. It doesn't interfere with Dimension Pro....it is as a different synth on your system, that's all.
    stratcat33511
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3636
    RE: tweakDimension and Dimension LE 2007/06/19 11:02:02 (permalink)
    thanks tech head
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1