virtual keyboard in command center?

Author
rir1
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 93
2017/07/13 23:51:44 (permalink)

virtual keyboard in command center?

I have sonar x2 - I just came across a youtube video that mentioned there's a virtual keyboard through command center?  I downloaded command center but first it said I didn't have any products in my account (which I do) and then it started doing a vst scan into a lot of stuff I didn't need and eliminating stuff I had installed - I don't know if it's trying to reinstall my x2 - I just want to download and use the virtual keyboard - so if anybody could help me with doing that I'd be very thankful - 

3 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: virtual keyboard in command center? 2017/07/13 23:57:13 (permalink)
    The newest versions of SONAR include a virtual controller. It is not available for X2. X3 and older require a third party solution like the one in this post.
    rir1
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 93
    Re: virtual keyboard in command center? 2017/07/14 04:13:17 (permalink)
    this was a big help - I downloaded the virtual keyboard and midi cable and it is controlling the softsynth in sonar - but I'm seeing the meter light up but not getting sound UNLESS I hit record, then it sounds and it records - then I hear back what was recorded in play.  But I can't hear it sound if I'm not recording.  Do I need to choose an option so I can hear the sound before recording?  

Also I take it I don't have to bring the virtual keyboard into sonar (through plugin manager) - the virtual midi cable is in sonar but I am using the virtual keyboard from another window, it's not actually in sonar - don't know if I should try to bring it into program with plugin manager (or if I even can) - anyway thanks for help if I'm hoping to get these problems worked out.
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: virtual keyboard in command center? 2017/07/14 04:19:53 (permalink)
    It is not a plug-in but an external controller and works like any external controller. Is the input echo button eanbled on the track.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1