workflows - a series of shortcuts executed sequentially called by smart voice automation

Author
sfmmarrow
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2016/02/25 15:51:04 (permalink)

workflows - a series of shortcuts executed sequentially called by smart voice automation

Any time you do anything in a DAW it requires a number of repetitive routing, arming, echoing, etc.... steps (things you have to click), so this lets you build advanced shortcuts that execute a series of shortcuts in order per track.

I completely voice automated Sonar X3,  I invented a smart microphone with an arduino board that listens for voice commands, when it hears the command it shuts off the mic and then executes the command steps in Sonar (example: when I say "record drums" - it arms drum track, mutes any current drum clip, turns on the metronome , turns on input echo, turns on dim solo, and starts recording ),  AND because the mic isn't still active, it is not being confused by the incoming music, when I'm done playing/recording  I just wave my hand and sonar stops play/recording,  and turns the mic back on and waits for the next voice command. It works great, saves enormous amounts of time and repetitive steps  - I've copied my current list of voice commands below. fyi - it doesn't use any of my music mics for this automation - just a separate cheap usb mic that sonar doesn't use at all

REQUEST
I am happy to share with those interested, it really is amazingly slick- but it would be even better if I were able to set by keyboard shortcut .  input echo, mute, solo, "arm for record" to an explicit on or off state. Current shortcuts for these just toggle, which doesn't give the granular ability to set the explicit state of the button.

Also "activate track number XX" by keyboard shortcut, for the first 25 tracks would be nice

acoustic guitar record 
acoustic undo 
acoustictoggle 
alpha screenset 
bass record 
bravo screenset 
capture this 
charley screenset 
close the song 
cycle the engine 
delete that 
delta screenset 
dim solo mode 
done with acoustic 
done with drum 
done with lead 
double undo 
fix the view 
ignore me 
inspector 
instant drum practice (mutes current drum track, dim solos  tmy vdrum BFD3, turns on metrenome, arms track for recording etc....
lead guitar record 
let me hear it   (I say this after a vocal take, it disarms the track, turns back on the studio monitors, sends the mix thru them etc...) 
metrenome play   (toggle metrenome on play)
metrenome record 
normalize that 
okay 
piano record 
play in context   (plays full mix at louder volume)
play that  (play)
pointertool 
rewind 
save the song 
scale velocity 
select by filter 
select nothing 
sidechain toggle 
smarttool 
sonar activate 
take lane toggle 
toggle arm track 
toggle mute 
ufx activate 
undo that 
vocal mute toggle 
vocal record 
wavs open 
working mode  (lower volume so I dont burn out my ears)
post edited by sfmmarrow - 2016/03/03 23:19:57

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1