z3ta+2 2.1: can't find drive e; PC doesn't have drive e

Author
mcdonalk
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 547
2011/10/08 19:04:21 (permalink)

z3ta+2 2.1: can't find drive e; PC doesn't have drive e

I have just loaded z3ta+2 2.1 in my w7 64-bit system. When I select a bank from either the "factory content" or "classic content" directories, a popup appears prompting me to insert a disk into drive e. My PC has no drive e. If I cancel this popup several times, I am able to proceed, and the desired bank is selected. I looked at the registry entries for this application, and there are no paths using drive e. What's with the application looking for content in a non-existent drive? thanks Keith

1 Reply Related Threads

Bob Currie
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 47
    Re:z3ta+2 2.1: can't find drive e; PC doesn't have drive e 2011/10/08 20:30:37 (permalink)
    Hi Keith,

Z3TA2 allows waveforms and other program/patch components to be saved/loaded in user-specified folders.  If the waveforms aren't found at that location when a patch attempts to load, it automatically redirects to the 'Cakewalk Content' folder and tries again.  What has happened is that some of the factory patches created by our content authors were saved with waveforms located on the E: drive.  Typically, users don't experience an annoying pop-up for these patches - Z3TA just redirects and finds the waveforms in 'Cakewalk Content' - that is, unless your E: drive happens to be removable media (e.g. flash-drive, etc) - then Windows prompt you to insert a disk.  Apologies for the inconvenience - the fix is simple:  For any patches that pop-up the message, just cancel the Windows dialog, let the program load normally, then do a "Program->Save".  The file will now be saved with the corrected folder location for the waveforms, and the message should no longer pop-up for that patch.

Hope this helps...

Cheers,

~Bob
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1