z3ta 2.1 bugs

Author
mleghorn
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 380
2012/02/23 01:28:28 (permalink)

z3ta 2.1 bugs

This forum is dead, btw. Whenever I post something here, I feel like I'm talking to myself.

Now that I got that off my chest, I'll talk to myself some more:

The bug I had with z3ta 2.1 patches changing on me has come back. Will this ever be resolved? Is this professional software or not?

10 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:z3ta 2.1 bugs 2012/02/23 10:23:21 (permalink)
    I suppose no one answers because we don't have your problem.  Or I don't, anyway.  So I have no answer.

Z3TA2 is the only new synth Cake has released in the last couple of years, so there aint much action here except for new people.  You should try the P5 forum if you want dead.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    mleghorn
    Re:z3ta 2.1 bugs 2012/02/23 12:14:22 (permalink)
    AT

I suppose no one answers because we don't have your problem. 

Either it's a bug or I'm doing something wrong, e.g. using the wrong patch, or using too many simple instrument tracks.

How do I get this resolved?

Thanks,
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:z3ta 2.1 bugs 2012/02/23 13:11:38 (permalink)
    Mike,

as I said before, I haven't had this problem.  And I can't remember the original post that described the problem.

If Zeta is resetting or changing patches within a song I would look at the midi information page to see if somehow such information has been inserted.  If you don't find anything like that I would put a different synth on the track and see if it had the same problem or not.  DimPro or Rapture would be my first choices for that since they are René synths and probably share some of the same code - hense or more likely to share the same idioscyncracies.

If that doesn't give a clue I would copy and paste the midi track to a new one and insert Z3TA to see if it still exhibits the problem.

Like many things audio (and computer), you try to isolate the problem one small step at a time.

Have you written to tech support?  They usually take a few days, esp. toward the end of the week, but I would do that too.  I suppose no one else is having/had that problem since on one responded w/ a solution and there are some good people here.  Which leads me to suspect there is an operator error or just something plain weird - so checking the midi information would be step #1 for me.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    mleghorn
    Re:z3ta 2.1 bugs 2012/02/25 23:30:44 (permalink)
    AT

Mike,

as I said before, I haven't had this problem.  And I can't remember the original post that described the problem.

If Zeta is resetting or changing patches within a song I would look at the midi information page to see if somehow such information has been inserted.  If you don't find anything like that I would put a different synth on the track and see if it had the same problem or not.  DimPro or Rapture would be my first choices for that since they are René synths and probably share some of the same code - hense or more likely to share the same idioscyncracies.

If that doesn't give a clue I would copy and paste the midi track to a new one and insert Z3TA to see if it still exhibits the problem.

Like many things audio (and computer), you try to isolate the problem one small step at a time.

Have you written to tech support?  They usually take a few days, esp. toward the end of the week, but I would do that too.  I suppose no one else is having/had that problem since on one responded w/ a solution and there are some good people here.  Which leads me to suspect there is an operator error or just something plain weird - so checking the midi information would be step #1 for me.

@

Thanks for the suggestions. 

I wrote tech support. I hope they get back to me.
    Zahar
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:z3ta 2.1 bugs 2012/02/28 01:37:17 (permalink)
    Hi, Mike! I have the same problem. I can not find a solution for a month. Technical support for my writing is not responding. Already have honestly admitted that there is a problem we are running, wait, do not you do not keep silent ... If there is informationshare, please ...
    Teksonik
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 521
    Re:z3ta 2.1 bugs 2012/03/01 07:29:24 (permalink)
    Sorry but I can't reproduce the issue here. Can you give more details about your setup please? Operating System, 32 or 64 bit, What version of Sonar. Exact steps that cause the issue etc....... If I can reproduce the issue here then I can pass it along on the Beta Forum.
    Teksonik
    Re:z3ta 2.1 bugs 2012/03/01 07:35:03 (permalink)

The bug I had with z3ta 2.1 patches changing on me has come back.

It's not likely that a bug "comes back".It's either there or it's not.  Are you saying that you experienced this issue then you didn't and now you are again?  
    post edited by Teksonik - 2012/03/01 07:44:16
    Teksonik
    Re:z3ta 2.1 bugs 2012/03/01 07:39:32 (permalink)
    Double Post
    post edited by Teksonik - 2012/03/01 07:41:59
    mleghorn
    Re:z3ta 2.1 bugs 2012/03/01 11:35:32 (permalink)
    Teksonik

The bug I had with z3ta 2.1 patches changing on me has come back.

It's not likely that a bug "comes back".It's either there or it's not.  Are you saying that you experienced this issue then you didn't and now you are again?  

Yes, I'm saying I experienced it, then didn't, and am now experiencing it again.

I'm using:

Sonar X1 Studio - 64-bit (latest version, X1c)
    Z3ta2.1 - 64 bit (it's definitely 2.1 -- supports alternate tunings, etc...)
    Asus i7 laptop with 12 gb RAM
    Windows 7 - 64 bit

In my X1 project I'm using:

Simple instrument tracks
    Track folders -- one folder for each type of VSTi
    Screen sets -- one for track view, one for PRV of VSTi tracks, one for PRV of MIDI source tracks

Here are some interesting observations:

-> The projects that have the issue came from older projects, via "Save as" in the older projects.
    -> The patches that z3ta gets stuck on used to be the actual patches in the older project.

This suggests to me that the X1 project is storing patch info for the original z3ta patch, and that the info is overriding whatever patch is selected in the new project.

Thanks!

Teksonik
    Re:z3ta 2.1 bugs 2012/03/01 19:46:26 (permalink)
    I think you're on to something there with older projects causing the issue. Unfortunately I'm still on Win XP 32 bit so any testing I do won't be of much use to you. Let's see if someone from Cakewalk responds and if not I'll post the issue at the Beta forum and see if that gets any attention.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1