z3ta+ download help!

Author
chauncey_gardner
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 803
2007/03/03 12:41:07 (permalink)

z3ta+ download help!

Hi
I purchased Z3TA+ from the online store. I got a file that is an ASPX extension. No zip. No .exe. What am I supposed to do with this file? When I open it, it looks like html stuff. I tried a couple of other times to download and got the same stuff. Now I have reached my download limit.

Is there some sort of secret decoder ring needed?

Sonica Dual Core 3.4 GHz, 2GB Ram, 3HDs, UAD1, PoCo Firewire, DIGI 9652, D8B, vintage synths, guitars and more money than talent (though questionable how much of either). XP Home SP2. SPE6.2. Other things of variable interest.

6 Replies Related Threads

Mycranium
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 152
    RE: z3ta+ download help! 2007/03/03 17:48:22 (permalink)
    Did you left-click the download link and it downloaded an aspx? Or did you RIGHT-click and "save target as..."? If you did the latter, you probably just saved a copy of the download page.

Win8.1 x64
    Intel I7 4770K
    32GB RAM
    Asus Maximus VI Formula mobo
    Asus GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 video card
    MOTU Ultralite
    E-MU Xboard 49
    M-Audio Studiophile BX5 Monitors
    Sonar X3 Platinum, Dim Pro, Rapture, GPO, JABB, Z3TA+ 2
    Logitech T630 touch mouse
    chauncey_gardner
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 803
    RE: z3ta+ download help! 2007/03/03 19:26:50 (permalink)
    I right clicked to save target as. I am hosed. I did this 3 times and now I have struck out.

Sonica Dual Core 3.4 GHz, 2GB Ram, 3HDs, UAD1, PoCo Firewire, DIGI 9652, D8B, vintage synths, guitars and more money than talent (though questionable how much of either). XP Home SP2. SPE6.2. Other things of variable interest.
    Mycranium
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 152
    RE: z3ta+ download help! 2007/03/03 20:43:27 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: chauncey_gardner

I right clicked to save target as. I am hosed. I did this 3 times and now I have struck out.

That's your problem right there. You downloaded a web page that would have either had a download link or would have automatically started the download.

Call Cakewalk during business hours and they'll help you sort it out. I know it sucks to have to wait to dl something you really want, but they'll get you squared away as fast as they can.

Win8.1 x64
    Intel I7 4770K
    32GB RAM
    Asus Maximus VI Formula mobo
    Asus GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 video card
    MOTU Ultralite
    E-MU Xboard 49
    M-Audio Studiophile BX5 Monitors
    Sonar X3 Platinum, Dim Pro, Rapture, GPO, JABB, Z3TA+ 2
    Logitech T630 touch mouse
    ezipizi
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: z3ta+ download help! 2007/03/21 04:10:40 (permalink)
    Hello,

The same thing happened to me earlier this week, and I have sent a email to Tech Support about it. By the way I think I only tried to download the file three or so times before I got the "Download Limit Reached" message.

Then earlier today the exact same thing happened again when I went over to KVRAudio.com to download a few free patches to try out on the Z3TA+ when I finally get my copy of it. It was only then that I realised that something was wrong as I had downloaded Patches and Demo's from the site before without any problems. So I thought I would disable my download program, and see what would happen if I tried to download a test Patch again by using the Firefox inbuilt browser download manager, and strike me pink if it didn't download ok. The only problem is I cannot test it out on the Cakewalk site until they reset my download number to zero.

I know that this does not fully explain what is going on here but it may shed some light on the problem.

Cheers,
    ezipizi.

ezipizi
    RE: z3ta+ download help! 2007/03/21 10:34:53 (permalink)
    Hello there again,

Just a update on my reply above.

I was using the "Free Download Manager" program when I struck the exact same problem on Cakewalk.com, and then KVRAudio.com. It is possible that some download programs simply need a bit of "Tweaking" in their settings to handle certain websites. Having said that I have been using the same download program for some time, and have never had a problem before when it came to downloading Demo's or Patches from KVR Audio.

Out of interest I got a copy of "Download Accelerator Plus" to try, and found that it worked ok on KVR Audio. It downloaded the same file that I tried to download earlier with FDM. So does that mean that it will work ok on Cakewalk.com as well ? I am not keen on the advertising that the program displays though, so I may just use it whenever FDM can't handle a download from a site.

Cheers,
    ezipizi.

ezipizi
    RE: z3ta+ download help! 2007/03/21 21:57:04 (permalink)
    I got a reply from support today, and my problem is sorted. If someone else is in the same situation just hang in there as it may take them a few days to get back to you. When you first send a support request they do not send you a confirmation email to let you know that they have received it, so at first you do not know if your request got through to them or not.

Anyway they did not explain why I may have had a problem with the original download but they did mention to make sure that I had disabled "passive mode" when downloading from the new link they sent me. So maybe that there is a connection.

I have attached the reply email they sent me below.

Cheers,
    ezipizi.

********************************************************************************

Use the enclosed link to download a replacement copy of your Z3TA+ Analog
    Synth Download software. After downloading, double-click the file to begin
    installation.

We recommend after downloading this file, you back it up somewhere safe.
    The link below will only work for a limited time, usually 48 hours or
    less. If the link does not work you may need to copy and paste it into
    your web browser.

Please note: This ftp server does not support passive mode ftp
    connections. Please refer to the documentation or Help file included with
    your ftp client or web browser for information on how to disable passive
    ftp mode.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1