50 albums that changed the face of music

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
mumpcake
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1609
RE: Top 50 albums of all times list 2006/07/28 17:14:44 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: glazfolk

Nearly fell for it. The Spice Girls were just put in there to provoke a reaction, right?

Well the Spice Girls did usher in a wave of prefab boy/girl bands, so in that respect they could be considered influential. Of course if you go deeper they still owe their existence to Menudo or New Kids on the Block.

One that threw me was when they said "no Oasis without the Smiths". Especially for a band that borrows so heavily from the Beatles.
AT
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10654
RE: 50 albums that changed the face of music 2006/07/28 17:22:16 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: attalus

ORIGINAL: AT

Jimmy Rodgers. The first cross over artist. Country/blues is rock.

I'm gonna shoot poor Thelma
just to see her jump and fall

"T is for Texas"

Ray Charles is a artist who i believe have had hit records in many genres- Jazz, Blues, Country etc I'll have to check my facts but i believe he hit within top ten song list on many genres. His inspiration to 'MANY' genres was significant and i've read many artist stating his influence on them. And the lenghth of his career is amazing. plus he left the world with his last work, and movie on him being a success (he went out with a bang, and strenghthened his legacy). Finally, he used Sonar

Jimmy Rodgers died c. 1933, so I think he was a little before Mr. Charles. He was also the 1st white boy to record "race music" as they so charmingly called it back then. Somebody else would have done blues and hillbillie music together, but he recorded it first.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
OldGeezer
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 686
RE: 50 albums that changed the face of music 2006/07/28 17:23:05 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: j boy

ORIGINAL: OldGeezer

ORIGINAL: OldGeezer
Hendrix is one of my favorite guitarists, but that one gay tune he put out was a little over-the top for me.

Heh. I guess I'm the only one. Call me old-fashioned I guess. I still think it was pretty risque for that time period.

Try as you might, no one's gonna bite on your joke my friend... we all know where it's going.

Oh. I've only heard it once in my whole life...then again, this is a music forum.

Oh well, I almost died laughing when I heard it.
VariousArtist
Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1397
RE: 50 albums that changed the face of music 2006/07/28 17:35:24 (permalink)
My band's album changed the face of my music.

When it was released I instantly thought "I can do better", ho ho.

If it was as popular as half of these albums, everyone else would have thought the same. Perhaps just as well it wasn't...
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1