Helpful ReplyAZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
watercourse
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2015/04/21 09:02:59 (permalink)

AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way

There is a new, more flexible and better conceived, alternative to FaderPort's default plugin that now resides as a custom preset inside AZ Controller.  Details are below:

Changes/Improvements
  • Simple 1-step installer handles both 32 and 64bit.  No more command-line regedit hack for each version.
  • Bus focus and WAI now follows device and device follows selected bus without a single mouse click.
  • Selecting Bus mode opens Sonar’s Bus pane and closes it when going back to Track mode (optional setting)
  • Pan can now act as jog/shuttle wheel (using ‘Shift’ key)
  • ACT "Quick dial"
  • Hi/Low resolution for encoder (Pan and ACT)
  • Enable Loop and set In/Out points to timeline selection in a single button press
  • Better assignment of user-defined buttons, including ProChannel and MultiDock toggling
  • If you don’t like any of the new features, you can change them to whatever you want!

Background
    I really like the FaderPort but found some of its default capabilities lacking compared to what it could be.  My main beef was that when you switch the FaderPort from Track to Bus mode, Sonar doesn’t follow the WAI and the FaderPort doesn’t follow Sonar’s selected bus.  Using the mouse, you have to change Sonar’s focus from Track to Bus, click the Bus you want to edit, then move the WAI to the selected bus using two clicks (one right, one left).  I found this really inefficient, especially since I use a lot of buses and switch between track and bus focus constantly.  In addition, the user-defined buttons were pretty useless for me. I couldn’t find anything I wanted on the available list and actually just left two of them unassigned.  Not a big deal, but not all it could be in my opinion.

Now, with the new FaderPort preset inside the AZ Controller, Sonar and the FaderPort are in perfect sync--for both Track and Bus panes. You can even choose to toggle Sonar’s Bus pane when the FaderPort switches into/out of Bus mode.  Add in jog/shuttle capability and better choices for the user buttons, like toggling the ProChannel/MultiDock views and a pretty good control surface is now pretty awesome!

The best part is that AZ Controller is designed to be customized so you can tweak it to do whatever you want…and it’s free.

Follow the changes and download the latest version: http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,163.0.html

AlphaTrack Preset Coming Soon!
    As many AlphaTrack users know, Sonar X1 (and subsequent versions) broke some of the functionality of the AlphaTrack, specifically in the EQ section, with no fix in sight.  Azslow3, creator of the AZ Controller, will be designing a new preset to address the broken functionality.  Stay tuned.
    ptheisen
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 173
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/04/21 14:02:14 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jacksop 2016/11/11 14:01:31
    I am one of I think many AlphaTrack owners who would be very interested in Azslow3's AZ Cpntroller preset for that unit. Many thanks to Azslow3 for all his work.
    subtlearts
    Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2200
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/04/21 15:06:03 (permalink)
    Hey cool, I have an AlphaTrack - it works OK for what it does, but yes the EQ section is a wash at the moment, as is the plug-in section (which never really worked all that well anyway but could conceivably be made to do something with ACT, especially in the context of the wonderful AZ controller plugin - I have been working on a template for my old Kore controller, using its MCU emulation as a springboard, and it works amazingly well.

tobias tinker 
    music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
    tobiastinker.com
    aeosrecords.com
    soundfascination.com
    Sonar Platinum, a bunch of other stuff...
    Dyonight
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 529
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/04/21 19:57:50 (permalink)
    This is great!!

Sonar Platinum (Latest monthly update) / Roland A300-pro / AMD FX-8350 / Firepro V4900 / 16gb ram / RME HDSPe MadiFx
    YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 703
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/04/21 21:13:24 (permalink)
    azSLOW is installed
    I find it in sonar
    the faderport is connected
    the faderport is enabled in MIDI

So, how do I load the faderport preset?

Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/04/21 21:21:57 (permalink)
    • Install AZ Controller plug-in first (download the latest test version).
    • Configure Faderport MIDI Input/Output in SONAR as described in its documentation.
    • Insert AZ Controller in the "Control Surfaces" section of SONAR preferences and attach Faderport MIDI Input/Output to it. It is good idea to detach it from other plug-ins, in case you have already used it with sonar.
    • Open AZ Controller configuration dialog
    • Switch to the "Options" Tab and in the "Tweak current configuration..." drop box select "Faderport".

"Faderport" is not listed.

I have restarted Sonar.
    SF_Green
    Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1403
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/04/21 21:29:25 (permalink)
    ptheisen
    I am one of I think many AlphaTrack owners who would be very interested in Azslow3's AZ Cpntroller preset for that unit. Many thanks to Azslow3 for all his work.

+1 Another Alpha Track owner here. Thanks to Azslow3 here as well.
    post edited by SF_Green - 2015/04/22 00:51:10

AMD FX-8370, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3,  Win7x64 SP1, 16Gb CorsairDDR3-1600, GeForce GTX 950 (390.65), SSD 525Gb (OS), SATA 3 & 1.5Tb, MOTU microlite, RME FireFace 800 (D 3.124, fw 2.77), UAD-2Q, Adam A7X, A-800 PRO, CC121
    Cubase Pro 10.0.5, SonarPt-2017.10 (x64), Reason10.2, Live 10.0.5 Suite, Wavelab Elements 9.5.40, Komplete10Ult, POD Farm2.5, Omnisphere2.5, BFD3, Alesis QS7.1, Arturia BeatStep Pro, POD HD500, Alesis ControlPad, ARP Omni, many things with strings. GrSltz My Studio
    watercourse
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/04/21 21:42:12 (permalink)

"Faderport" is not listed.

I have restarted Sonar.

Hmmm...I wonder if you downloaded the main release and not the test version--I'm not sure that one has been updated yet with the Faderport preset.  At the bottom right of the AZ Controller window it should read 0.3r6b185.  In case you got the wrong version, below is the direct link.  I just downloaded and tested it myself:
    http://www.azslow.com/ind...nloads;sa=view;down=25
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/04/21 23:32:44 (permalink)
    I downloaded 179 from the releases link.

I will now download 185.

Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/04/22 00:10:36 (permalink)
    Now I can select FP, and save the preset

But the FP is not working.

Unfortunately it is nearly midnight here.

time to do that very necessary most fundamental non-frontal lobe mammal thang.
    ------------------------
    I try to remember and perform as Ben Franklin instructed us:
       (Paraphrased , mythologized, and revered as a great genius)

As you prepare for bed:

First, review and edit the list of what
           you must do tomorrow
             that you may rest undisturbed.

And then, think upon your most valued task
          so your mind will ponder it as dreams
            that you will awaken refreshed and inspired

azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/04/22 03:41:43 (permalink)
    Now I can select FP, and save the preset

But the FP is not working.

1. Open the Property Page. Press any button on FP. Do you see something changed in the "Last MIDI event" section (top of the window)?
    2. If no, check your midi, input/output, etc settings. FP is not delivering events to plug-in.
    3. If you see something, look precisely what it is. For example press "Stop". Do you see "(Ch:1 KP:5) Stop" or something else?
    4. If it does not work, most probably you see something else, let me know what exactly.
    There is no MIDI specification for the device. It can support different hardware "modes". The preset can be adopted if required, but I need some hint.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/04/22 13:37:57 (permalink)
    thank you for your response:

Last midi events are values:  Pressing the STOP button:

Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/04/22 13:41:59 (permalink)
    The WAI does display correctly when clicking any channel, not bus.
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/04/22 13:51:55 (permalink)
    I missed one of the install steps: add FP to controller before adding AZ.

Now we have lift off. Sorta.

Controls are doing stuff.
    PLAY button does nothing.
    Cannot get to work in bus pane.  Never could. Must be another example of operator headspace.
    Jim Roseberry
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9871
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/04/22 14:17:39 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jacksop 2016/11/11 14:02:54
    Just wanted to chime in and give a BIG THANKS!

If you're using Native Instruments Machine or Komplete Kontrol, put this plugin in Mackie Control mode... and it works.
    It may seem like a small thing, but it's super convenient to be able to control transport functions at either controller.

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
    jim@studiocat.com
    www.studiocat.com
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/04/22 14:50:44 (permalink)
    Pressing the play button results in hearing 1 metronome click.
    azslow3
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/04/22 15:00:19 (permalink)
    I missed one of the install steps: add FP to controller before adding AZ.

I hope you do not have Faderport plug-in in Control Surfaces. That will not work. You need just AZ Controller, with IN/OUT set to FP IN/OUT correctly. Close Sonar, power cycle FP device (disconnect/reconnect usb).

Now start sonar, recheck faderport in MIDI devices, recheck configuration of AZ Controller IN/OUT. In AZ Controller "Tweak current configuration..." to Faderport again (just in case you have played with it).

If by pressing buttons you do not see there corresponding names in the Last MIDI Event:
    Move slider (first just touch, notice Last MIDI Event, move, notice Last MIDI Event, then release, notice Last MIDI Event), turn Pan, press every button and notice Last MIDI Events. Go to the Options tab, uncheck "support 14bit", and repeat the procedure.  Once done, send the list to me.

It looks like your FP is in some other mode/has different firmware compare to the device watercourse has.

You can also try to reassign yourself: in the Options Tab, "Tweak current configuration..." select "Forget all assignments". Change to the Hardware Tab. Select "Play" Hardware control. Press "Play" button on FP. Press "Assign MIDI" button. Press "Play" on FP again. Does Sonar start play? If not, again "Forget all assignments" and uncheck "14 bit". Repeat "Play" assignment. Works? But with LEDs and Fader movement it is more complicated...

Cannot get to work in bus pane.  Never could. Must be another example of operator headspace.

For bus pane control "Output" button on FP should be used. You can test how it is going to work once we assign your FP correctly: in the Logic Tab select "Output" in Logic Control. Press "Play" (button in the window, not on FP).
    Press "Play" again to switch back to tracks.

RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/04/22 15:10:51 (permalink)
    At first I did not do this as described in your instructions:
    >> Configure Faderport MIDI Input/Output in SONAR as described in its documentation.
    Which includes adding the FP to the controllers list.

After I did that, all I tested worked fine except for the PLAY button.

Now I have removed the FP from the controllers list. And the PLAY button works.

Thanks for your help.

Time to learn more.

azslow3
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/04/22 15:34:34 (permalink)
    At first I did not do this as described in your instructions:
    >> Configure Faderport MIDI Input/Output in SONAR as described in its documentation.
    Which includes adding the FP to the controllers list.

While I have mentioned that it should be detached from other plug-ins in the next step, I have corrected that step in documentation. Thanks for pointing it was not clear.

azslow3
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/04/28 11:46:15 (permalink)
    Cannot get to work in bus pane.  Never could.

In the latest version that functionality is improved. It is switching between Buses/Tracks automatically once you change focus by mouse (had to be manually switched with "Output" button before).

PS. AlphaTrack preset development in progress.

tenfoot
    • Total Posts : 2186
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/06/26 21:52:07 (permalink)
    Hi Azslw3. I previously removed the faderport from my system as I had problems with the drivers.  Do I need to install the original Faderport drivers in order to use AZ control?

Bruce.

Sonar Platinum 2017-09, Studio One 3.5.3, Win 10 x64, Quad core i7, RME Fireface, Behringer X32 Producer, Behringer X32 Rack, Presonus Faderport, Lemure Software Controller (Android), Enttec DMXIS VST lighting controller, Xtempo POK.
    mudgel
    • Total Posts : 12010
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/06/27 00:02:23 (permalink)
    Discussion is continuing on this thread. Ignore the title.

Http://forum.cakewalk.com/findpost/3245420

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
    PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
    Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
    Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
    Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
    Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
    Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
    azslow3
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/06/27 07:36:42 (permalink)
    mudgel

Faderport and Alphatrack have completely different presets. So it is better to keep separate discussions to avoid confusion...

Windows still has to recognize Faderport as a MIDI device, so I think original Windows drivers are required. But do not configure original Sonar Control Surface plug-in, from the point Faderport is visible as Windows MIDI device, AZCtrl takes the lead.

mudgel
    • Total Posts : 12010
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/06/27 07:39:18 (permalink)
    Ok.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
    PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
    Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
    Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
    Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
    Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
    Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
    tenfoot
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/06/27 08:19:38 (permalink)
    azslow3
    mudgel

Faderport and Alphatrack have completely different presets. So it is better to keep separate discussions to avoid confusion...

Windows still has to recognize Faderport as a MIDI device, so I think original Windows drivers are required. But do not configure original Sonar Control Surface plug-in, from the point Faderport is visible as Windows MIDI device, AZCtrl takes the lead.

Bruce.

Sonar Platinum 2017-09, Studio One 3.5.3, Win 10 x64, Quad core i7, RME Fireface, Behringer X32 Producer, Behringer X32 Rack, Presonus Faderport, Lemure Software Controller (Android), Enttec DMXIS VST lighting controller, Xtempo POK.
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/06/27 19:57:27 (permalink)
    As I wrote above, the FP stared working fine after following the instructions.
    tenfoot
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2015/07/11 03:38:36 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jacksop 2016/11/11 14:05:10
    Brilliant Azslow3 - you have done what Presonus couldn't and made their hardware function correctly in Sonar. Well done and thanks!
    I may well  be late to the party, but anyone running a faderport who hasn't already should definitely look at this:)
    http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,163.0.html

Bruce.

PilotGav
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 436
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2016/06/09 21:19:07 (permalink)
    I am SO happy right now :-)
    BobF
    • Total Posts : 8124
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2016/06/09 21:32:40 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jacksop 2016/11/11 14:16:19
    VERY Happy FaderPort/AzSlow user here!

Bob  --
    Angels are crying because truth has died ...
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    --
    Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
    Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
    Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

jacksop
    • Total Posts : 13
    Re: AZ Controller has made the FaderPort awesome...AlphaTrack is on the way 2016/10/20 22:43:41 (permalink)
    Sorry AzSlow. Your Azslow Faderport settings don't work for me. :-(  I've tried everything.
    post edited by jacksop - 2016/11/11 14:16:41

Sonar X1 Pro · (2) Dell Precision 490 · Quad-core Intel Xeon 5300 · 16Gb RAM · WIN 7 Pro 64 · Android tablet · M-Audio Keystation 88es · Behringer FCA610 · Behringer CONTROL2USB ·  Presonus FaderPort · Alesis M1 MkII Active · Peavey StudioMix

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1