An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
rabeach
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2703
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 00:32:13 (permalink)
I own an Engineering firm.
Bub
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7196
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 00:38:32 (permalink)
Must be a full moon eh 10Ten/Lynn? :)

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
Lynn
Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6117
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 00:39:44 (permalink)
rabeach

I own an Engineering firm.

OK, do you listen to your clients?  You have to if you want to stay in business.  I think that we don't disagree so much.  If you weren't satisfying your customers, you'd want to know it, wouldn't you?  Or, would you prefer that they take their business elsewhere?  CW doesn't get public assistance, so I assume their customers are their source of income.  Do you know something different?

All the best,
Lynn

my songs
www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
Lynn
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 00:42:08 (permalink)
Bub

Must be.  After working with X1 for the last 8 hours I feel fulfilled.  Or, at least, full of it.

All the best,
Lynn

my songs

www.youtube.com/lywilson
my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
rabeach
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 00:47:43 (permalink)

lol
Bub
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7196
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 00:52:00 (permalink)
Just to clarify, I'm agreeing with 10Ten and Lynn. It baffles me how anyone doesn't see it they way they/we do, but hey, to each his own.

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
rabeach
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 00:57:21 (permalink)
Just to clarify, I'm agreeing with 10Ten and Lynn. It baffles me how anyone doesn't see it they way they/we do, but hey, to each his own.

That is clear
rabeach
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 01:01:42 (permalink)

OK, do you listen to your clients? You have to if you want to stay in business. I think that we don't disagree so much. If you weren't satisfying your customers, you'd want to know it, wouldn't you? Or, would you prefer that they take their business elsewhere? CW doesn't get public assistance, so I assume their customers are their source of income. Do you know something different?

I serve my clients. As does cakewalk. Business decisions are based on the survival of the business.
post edited by rabeach - 2011/01/15 01:02:50
ba_midi
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14061
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 01:03:04 (permalink)
Lynn

Dear CW,

You've announced that you will be releasing X1b in February.  Would you please tell us what improvements you are working on?  Which bug fixes and user suggestions will you be incorporating into the new version?  Any information that you could provide might allay some of the apprehension that longtime users of CW may have.  I would hope that you have enough regard and respect for your customers to give us a glimmer of hope.  There are many rumors but little information.  Show us the trust that we give you.
Thank you many times over for a wonderful product,
Lynn

+1 and very nicely, respectfully stated Lynn

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
Stone House Studios
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3550
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 01:14:54 (permalink)
Bub

Agreed.  To each his own.  And I'm baffled too.

Brian

Core i7-6700@3.40Ghz  Windows 10x64 16 GB RAM
Sonar Platinum/Studio One     PreSonus Studio 192
Scott Lee
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1120
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 02:40:11 (permalink)
"10Ten,
Sonar is full of generational bugs and things we were promised and either didn't happen of we were charged for."

Still was waiting for the midi patch program change bug where it resets your synth each time you hit play on the transport (which results in allot of hardware synths to hic-up and not play audio for a few seconds) back from 1997.

Very respectful thread from the OP. Hope Cakewalk can give you the answers you are looking for.

Best,
post edited by Scott Lee - 2011/01/15 02:43:52

Scott Lee (ASCAP)
SFX Media 
Song Composer / Engineer / Audio Director

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dezacrator?feature=mhee

Lynn
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/16 10:52:36 (permalink)
I'm still hoping for a response from CW.

All the best,
Lynn

my songs

www.youtube.com/lywilson
my videos

pwal
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2909
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/16 11:29:44 (permalink)
i'd also be interested in a roadmap for the 1b update

list of stuff
JClosed
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 690
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/16 12:05:24 (permalink)
Well pwal - I think that's not that simple...

You see - when addressing bugs you never can tell how deep those bugs are "rooted" in the system. On the surface it can look like a simple change/repair, but most times it is not as easy as it seems. If you change a little bit in one part of the program, it is possible the resulting downside effects can be much bigger than anticipated - and sometimes completely unpredictable. Say - you change the way a envelope is assigned on one track and the tempo of another track is suddenly completely changed. I am exaggerating here but you see the problem. If you change one thing, it is fully possible a LOT of other things go broken..

So - It is not easy to give a precise road map. If a problem goes deeper then anticipated it can take a long time to solve. Longer than promised. And here is the problem. If you give a road map a lot of people here would take that as an absolute promise to what is coming. And if -for reasons pointed out above- some things are missing you will get an upraise of disappointed costumers. I think it is better to say very little (or even nothing) about what is worked on, to avoid huge disappointments.

Oh - an by the way. I am sure X1b will not be the last update. I think we will see a slow but sure improvement until the application meets the expectations for most of the people that are having problems now (but not all - because reality learns that is impossible... it is a illusion you can please everyone).
pwal
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2909
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/16 12:23:03 (permalink)
software development and change/bugfix cycles can be planned, i do it every day; i'm not asking for a detailed plan, but some idea might be nice

list of stuff
jimknopf
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 207
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/16 12:41:41 (permalink)
Linn, frankly, your question is much more unrealistic than hopes in CW are.

It is obvious that CW has to sort and resolve a list of bugs and issues and try to get as far with both as they can for X1b.
It's obvous that they can't predict how long it will take to get what sorted out.
And they would have to be quite stupid to tell you their prioroty list, just to get busted by you or others for changing it for reasons THEY saw/will see in the process.

I could understand your question if they hadn't reacted to problems for months. But we are in month two after release with an update announced a bit more than a month later. The most I saw EVER posted from bug fixing /issue resolving teams in many different forums, was giving a few principal hints about approximate update dates and one or two main aspects they deal with, and certainly not as explicit as you ask for.

To be crystal clear: I kindly ask Cakewalk to put all their work and effort into their programming and not waste a minute for answering in detail such silly kinds of questions. We both have the same interest to see X1 become great and as flawless as possible. But we have VERY different views on how that could be achieved best, and very different interests right now.
So after in the way you speak out here, I just put my interest directly opposite to yours.

post edited by jimknopf - 2011/01/16 12:44:51
Lynn
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/16 13:00:17 (permalink)
jimknopf

Linn, frankly, your question is much more unrealistic than hopes in CW are.

It is obvious that CW has to sort and resolve a list of bugs and issues and try to get as far with both as they can for X1b.
It's obvous that they can't predict how long it will take to get what sorted out.
And they would have to be quite stupid to tell you their prioroty list, just to get busted by you or others for changing it for reasons THEY saw/will see in the process.

I could understand your question if they hadn't reacted to problems for months. But we are in month two after release with an update announced a bit more than a month later. The most I saw EVER posted from bug fixing /issue resolving teams in many different forums, was giving a few principal hints about approximate update dates and one or two main aspects they deal with, and certainly not as explicit as you ask for.

To be crystal clear: I kindly ask Cakewalk to put all their work and effort into their programming and not waste a minute for answering in detail such silly kinds of questions. We both have the same interest to see X1 become great and as flawless as possible. But we have VERY different views on how that could be achieved best, and very different interests right now.
So after in the way you speak out here, I just put my interest directly opposite to yours.

You may be entirely right that I'm being unrealistically hopeful for a response from CW.  I only ask for the same reason that if you took your car in for repair, you should have the right for the mechanic to give you some explanation of what they're going to do to repair your car.  I hope that I wasn't perceived as being disrespectful or caustic, and if you read my OP I don't think that was the case.  Thank you for you opinion.

All the best,
Lynn

my songs

www.youtube.com/lywilson
my videos

djjhart@aol.com
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2189
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/16 13:41:48 (permalink)
At this point if Cw was to announce officially what was being worked on or not for X1b  would be a bad thing IMHO...The mystique is better for sales . and better to keep long time users at bay..
 If for instance you were waiting for lets say Audio snap to be fix which they said was , and lets say they announced that Audio snap wasn't on there table to be fixed for X1b, Then this down time wouldn't be down time at all we would all jump ship. Just cause something you are waiting for isn't going to be fixed and inadvertently Cw would lose customers sooner where as they could easily say X1c will address that issue and users would stay and wait. . Obviously Cw can't fix everything in one release, But X1.. 1 million percent shouldn't have been held off until next september, It seems like Cw pushed the release before the end of the quarter, Caus they had to,  They knew darn well it was full of bugs, perhaps not this serious , but they knew, and still released it, it's all ABOUT MONEY! You can't blame them, revenue is needed in order to keep the company running. If this wasn't true there would of been no acquisition by Roland years ago.  All we can do is wait till X1B comes out.. I know I won't go back to 8.5 . I will move on and curse a swear to high hell..  
 I must say I am a fan BOY, And Im not afraid to say it,otherwise I wouldn't be on here.. So by all means dont get me wrong Sonar is my Daw of choose, But I have hit the wall with certain things here, and I am waiting patiently for X1b to sort them out, fingers are crossed..
 I have to add.. with out the negative posts CW/Sonar would never better them selves , I don't see anyone here really saying anything wrong at all,  its all relevant, Its a semi new software that unfortunately has problems that shouldn't, You can't blame us Fan boys that what we are , if you saying this or that about someones post, WHY because your a FAN Boy/girl.  There is No need to lash out on anyone, accept the software it self it has no feeling...If I said it suck its my opinion, I've put my time in and have right to express What I find wrong.  The only bad posts are by the Trolls no need from them, and sometime ill informed posts, which I do sometimes add , but am quickly told as to I'm wrong, and it over and discussed with and I'm correctly informed. Which Makes this the best forum site ever. If your not having problems then your making music and shouldn't be on here, and shouldn't be telling someone that I dont have these problems so they dont exist.  There are a bunch egocentric know it all's that just think there the ****.. In the end he who finishes first wins. 

Computer - Intel Q9550, Intel BX48bt2 MB, W8 64 bit. 8 gb Ram, SSD  
Hardware - Tascam Fw1884 Control surface only, Ni S49 Komplete Kontroll,Roland Quad Capture, Ni Machine,Kore, Focusrite A/D converter, Blue Mic, Roland Gaia, Akai Mpk49, Yamaha HS80 Monitors.
Software - Sonar Platinum , Vengeance VPS bundle,Sugar Bytes Effectrix, Turnado, NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Dune, Rob Papen  Blade , Delay, Punch Evolved.
 http://soundcloud.com/johnhartson/tracks  
 http://www.youtube.com/user/jhart1313 

jimknopf
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 207
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/16 13:47:12 (permalink)
Lynn, to stay in your example: I had this kind of situation some months ago:

I was lucky to get out of a motorcycle accident without much harm, when a car drove into me from behind. But the motorcycle needed some heavy repair. All I could get from the mechanics in the first days was: we are sorting things and can't exactly say what has to be done at what price. They neded their time, and then things became clearer. And even while repairing there were changes they hadn't taken into account, and they had been careful not to say too much for that reason right from the start.

CW is in this kind of situation of having to do a first evaluation of what is how critical at this point in time, and then develop measures which even then will change on the way. They should not be altogether silent, and they weren't. But they also can't say too much right now.
Mooch4056
Max Output Level: -0.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7494
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/16 13:50:00 (permalink)
lets all chant 

We want a patch 
Brandon has a beard 
We want a patch 
Brandon has a beard 
We want a patch 
Brandon has a beard 
We want a patch 
Brandon has a beard 
We want a patch 
Brandon has a beard 
We want a patch 
Brandon has a beard
We want a patch 
Brandon has a beard 
We want a patch 
Brandon has a beard 
We want a patch 
Brandon has a beard

From Now On Call Me Conquistador! 

Donate to the cure Bapu Foundation
Email: mooch4056@gmail.com for more info

djjhart@aol.com
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2189
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/16 13:51:37 (permalink)
LOL

Computer - Intel Q9550, Intel BX48bt2 MB, W8 64 bit. 8 gb Ram, SSD  
Hardware - Tascam Fw1884 Control surface only, Ni S49 Komplete Kontroll,Roland Quad Capture, Ni Machine,Kore, Focusrite A/D converter, Blue Mic, Roland Gaia, Akai Mpk49, Yamaha HS80 Monitors.
Software - Sonar Platinum , Vengeance VPS bundle,Sugar Bytes Effectrix, Turnado, NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Dune, Rob Papen  Blade , Delay, Punch Evolved.
 http://soundcloud.com/johnhartson/tracks  
 http://www.youtube.com/user/jhart1313 

Lynn
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/16 14:04:05 (permalink)
jimknopf

Lynn, to stay in your example: I had this kind of situation some months ago:

I was lucky to get out of a motorcycle accident without much harm, when a car drove into me from behind. But the motorcycle needed some heavy repair. All I could get from the mechanics in the first days was: we are sorting things and can't exactly say what has to be done at what price. They neded their time, and then things became clearer. And even while repairing there were changes they hadn't taken into account, and they had been careful not to say too much for that reason right from the start.

CW is in this kind of situation of having to do a first evaluation of what is how critical at this point in time, and then develop measures which even then will change on the way. They should not be altogether silent, and they weren't. But they also can't say too much right now.

I see your point.  In my case, I don't know much about mechanics, and I have to take them at their word.  Of course, there are unscrupulous mechanics out there that take advantage of our ignorance and take us to the cleaners from time to time.  Please don't misunderstand, I DO NOT believe this to be the case with CW.  I use and like X1, and that is why I'm pulling for its success.  I, along with many others, am just curious to know which direction they're heading in.  If CW refuses to reply that's OK, and I won't feel let down.  I'll likely still be with them until my limbs fall off.
All the best,
Lynn

All the best,
Lynn

my songs

www.youtube.com/lywilson
my videos

Lynn
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/02/11 19:44:05 (permalink)
Lynn

Dear CW,

You've announced that you will be releasing X1b in February.  Would you please tell us what improvements you are working on?  Which bug fixes and user suggestions will you be incorporating into the new version?  Any information that you could provide might allay some of the apprehension that longtime users of CW may have.  I would hope that you have enough regard and respect for your customers to give us a glimmer of hope.  There are many rumors but little information.  Show us the trust that we give you.
Thank you many times over for a wonderful product,
Lynn

Thank you for responding to your customer base and for your indulgence with our impatience.  Your reply has given me some degree of satisfaction, and I'm looking forward to the release of X1b.

All the best,
Lynn

my songs

www.youtube.com/lywilson
my videos

Kroneborge
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1300
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/02/11 20:52:50 (permalink)
" I'm not ready to jump ship, but I'd like to know if the ship is taking me to my destination."

Love it

"be crystal clear: I kindly ask Cakewalk to put all their work and effort into their programming and not waste a minute for answering in detail such silly kinds of questions."

I'm sure Cakewalk has a customer service depatment that never touches a line of code.   Asking them not to respond won't do any good, lol.

Mathew

Hip Hop
http://www.soundclick.com...ault.cfm?bandID=213418

BreakBeats
http://www.soundclick.com...ault.cfm?bandID=219099

i7 12 gb ram, Komplete 5, Izotope Ozone & Stutter, Symphonic Orchestra Plat.

Norrie
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1665
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/02/11 21:31:12 (permalink)
At this stage in the game it just wouldnt be right for Roland to make an post saying we will have the patch ready XXX -Date UNLESS they are 100% sure it will be ready.

All it would do is get people excited about it and of the testers come across a problem oin that time that then holds it back from that said release date then all we will hear on the forum is moaning about how they said it would be ready onXXX-Date

With that said its better for them to just stay quiet about it and we all know it will be worth it in the end

For instance us VS 700 users are still waiting on a patch for the VS700 to get it to work right.

For that reason I wont put X1 on my system untill I know its out and working.

BUT as stated here in my thread  http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2207087  in the 3rd post down by Samara Krungman Product Manager says
Hi all,

I'm the Product Manager for the update - we're working on the VS-700 Control Surface Update for X1 right now. Literally. I just spoke to the developer this morning. We had to wait for the X1a patch to be released. Then we spent a few weeks going through to see what needed to be updated and how we can give 700 customers a good experience in X1. When we're close to releasing I'll post an update with details.

Time frame right now (Wednesday January 26) is the update should be ready early March.

I do pop in to the forums a few times a week, please be patient if I don't respond right away.

Hope this helps,

Samara

Personaly I think it takes a lot to make a statement like that but they are still not giveing an exact date so if anything happens it will all get held back

Its just a big waiting game at the momment and I tottaly get what your saying but I personaly would rather use Producer 8.5 and have it stable and working fully with no problems than moveing to X1 like any new product and we all know from the past there is always bugs in a first release.

I know its not easy but if we try and forget about it untill we see a post saying Download XXX here then I feel the wait will be worht while :)

The forums geting full of threads about when will this be fixed when will that be fixed

No one can for a second think that they will have time to answer them all.

I was lucky to have my thread answerd and I hope linking you to that gives you a sence of hope as I think the new patch will be at the same time :)

Lets hope all

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
Pro Tools 11
Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
Adam A77x
i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
ivanSC
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 325
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/02/12 02:48:39 (permalink)
I find it very sad that both here and elsewhere I see so many threads about Cake failing to deliver.

I voted with my feet last year, but hang out here without posting for the most part, in hopes of seeing some of the issues I have/had with 8.5.3 (my last Cake purchase) resolved.
I can`t sell it, so it is currently gathering dust.

What a shame that things still seem to be stumbling along to no great effect.
Crush
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 138
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/02/12 03:17:28 (permalink)

Some people actually enjoy it. They like the abuse. It must be something going back to childhood or something.

The gov't breeds this 'compliance' out of people so people have just began to accept getting screwed and not only that, they enjoy it and want it.

When the gov't announces death-care, they will applaud and cheer that also. They enjoy and like what is hurts them. They enjoy abuse. The gov't has bread this attitude out of them.

They enjoy the abuse.
Lynn
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/02/12 08:10:30 (permalink)
ivanSC

I find it very sad that both here and elsewhere I see so many threads about Cake failing to deliver.

I voted with my feet last year, but hang out here without posting for the most part, in hopes of seeing some of the issues I have/had with 8.5.3 (my last Cake purchase) resolved.
I can`t sell it, so it is currently gathering dust.

Crush

Some people actually enjoy it. They like the abuse. It must be something going back to childhood or something.

The gov't breeds this 'compliance' out of people so people have just began to accept getting screwed and not only that, they enjoy it and want it.

When the gov't announces death-care, they will applaud and cheer that also. They enjoy and like what is hurts them. They enjoy abuse. The gov't has bread this attitude out of them.

They enjoy the abuse.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  CW has answered my plea to make known what they are working on, and the list keeps growing.  March is just a few weeks away, and I have hope that many problems will be solved.  If not, CW has been know to release updates later in the year.  I would hope that this shows that CW is responsive to their customer base, at least, their legitimate customers.

All the best,
Lynn

my songs

www.youtube.com/lywilson
my videos

ProjectM
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3941
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/02/12 08:32:55 (permalink)
I agree with you Lynn. I think X1b will be everything I need. I have nothing but a great experience with X1 so far and when the little things (for me) gets ironed out I think the world will be even brighter. It looks like Cakewalk really have worked their behinds off for this update and I am really excited.

I also hope is that people who have major issues will notice a huge improvement with their setups as well. The more I use X1 the more I starting to see and enjoy it's massive powerfull potential and I wish for my Sonar Peers to experience the same, each and every one of them.

(Sonar Platinum - Win10 x64) - iMac and 13" MacBook - Logic Pro X ++ - UA Apollo Twin DUO - NI Maschine MKII - NI Komplete Kontrol S61 - Novation Nocturne - KRK Rokit 6
Soundcloud
Negative Vibe Records
UnderTow
Max Output Level: -37 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3848
Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/02/12 09:03:39 (permalink)
jimknopf

I was lucky to get out of a motorcycle accident without much harm, when a car drove into me from behind. But the motorcycle needed some heavy repair.
So that is how you see the state of X1? Interesting.

UnderTow
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1