Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
Lynn
Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6117
2011/01/14 21:22:30 (permalink)

An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade

Dear CW,

You've announced that you will be releasing X1b in February.  Would you please tell us what improvements you are working on?  Which bug fixes and user suggestions will you be incorporating into the new version?  Any information that you could provide might allay some of the apprehension that longtime users of CW may have.  I would hope that you have enough regard and respect for your customers to give us a glimmer of hope.  There are many rumors but little information.  Show us the trust that we give you.
Thank you many times over for a wonderful product,
Lynn

All the best,
Lynn

my songs
www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400

62 Replies Related Threads

rabeach
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2703
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/14 21:31:38 (permalink)
    longtime users of CW  have apprehension at every update
    Lynn
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/14 21:44:52 (permalink)
    rabeach

Your reply is curious, especially in regard to your post in the thread about NAMM.  Do you think that CW always gets it right?  I think they MOSTLY do, but they miss the boat from time to time.  Your thoughts?

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    Dale Aston
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1204
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/14 21:59:31 (permalink)
    I understand your frustration however the "glimmer of hope" you ask for is provided by the stellar history of Cakewalk over the last 12 years (for me) in providing ongoing support for their software.  I am not worried about my purchase.  Give them time.

I'm sure they are busy working on all the reports that me and others have been filing online.  I received three answers already.  The bugs will be verified and added to the list to fix.  There is no need in updating the customer base as they go.  IMO it would only cause more anxiety and frustration.

Lynn
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/14 22:12:36 (permalink)
    Dale Aston

I understand your frustration however the "glimmer of hope" you ask for is provided by the stellar history of Cakewalk over the last 12 years (for me) in providing ongoing support for their software.  I am not worried about my purchase.  Give them time.

I'm sure they are busy working on all the reports that me and others have been filing online.  I received three answers already.  The bugs will be verified and added to the list to fix.  There is no need in updating the customer base as they go.  IMO it would only cause more anxiety and frustration.

Yes, I've been with CW since PA6 in ' 98.  They've always exceeded my expectations in all their upgrades until recently.  I'm not addressing them updating their customer base, I'm addressing them updating their software.  If you or CW have any real information regarding this, I would be happy to hear it.  Suppositions don't matter to me. 

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4951
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/14 22:28:56 (permalink)
    rabeach

I never did and was looking forward to Sonar 9, but when they announced X1 it was easy to tell that dark days were coming.
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/14 22:30:21 (permalink)
    Dale Aston

I'm sorry, but that completely ignores reality. Sonar is full of generational bugs and things we were promised and either didn't happen of we were charged for.
    rabeach
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/14 22:44:57 (permalink)
    I'm sorry, but that completely ignores reality. Sonar is full of generational bugs and things we were promised and either didn't happen of we were charged for.

Honestly if I felt that way about any business I would stop purchasing their product. I certainly wouldn't waste my time and theirs by posting on their forum continuously about how disappointed I was in their product.
    Bub
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7196
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/14 22:45:35 (permalink)
    10Ten

+1

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/14 23:22:36 (permalink)
    rabeach

Honestly if I felt that way about any business I would stop purchasing their product. I certainly wouldn't waste my time and theirs by posting on their forum continuously about how disappointed I was in their product.
    While quitting may be your thing, unfortunately Sonar's EULA stops me from unpurchasing it, so all I have is attempting to get it sorted out. In the end, people like you reap the rewards of the work from people like me.

StepD
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 594
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/14 23:27:22 (permalink)
    10Ten

In the end, people like you reap the rewards of the work from people like me.

Did you just use the "R" word?

Core2 6600 2.40 GHz, ASUS P5B Deluxe, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630 2GB, 3 Seagate Sata, Echo AudioFire 4 asio, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab
    Tallsomeone
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 33
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/14 23:32:23 (permalink)
    rabeach

Such guff.  There is no real relevance to this response other than the very same time-wasting behavior which you advise against.  Leave the communication of issues, and the magnitude chosen in so doing, to those with the issues.

Things are not going well with this product.  Hell, I can't even download my copy yet.  What a great start!
    Lynn
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/14 23:36:12 (permalink)
    rabeach

Well, I think that's kind of the point.  Those of us who have been with CW for a while, and have built this company with our hard earned dollars have every right in the world to comment on the current state of affairs.  If you've noticed, many longtime users are questioning CW's direction with their latest upgrade.  I don't care about the cosmetics of X1, I only care about its functionality.  Regardless of whether you're a professional or hobbyist, we care about our investment.  I'm not complaining about X1 as much as I want to know where it's going.  I'm not ready to jump ship, but I'd like to know if the ship is taking me to my destination.

post edited by Lynn - 2011/01/14 23:43:08

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

rabeach
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/14 23:41:07 (permalink)
    communication of issues
    ? <g>

post edited by rabeach - 2011/01/15 01:12:16
    rabeach
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/14 23:42:25 (permalink)
    double post
    Lynn
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/14 23:44:13 (permalink)
    rabeach

communication of issues? <g>

Meaning?

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

rabeach
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/14 23:47:05 (permalink)
    Well, I think that's kind of the point. Those of us who have been with CW for a while, and have built this company with our hard earned dollars have every right in the world to comment on the current state of affairs. If you've noticed, many longtime users are questioning CW's direction with their latest upgrade. I don't care about the cosmetics of X1, I only care about its functionality. Regardless of whether you're a professional or hobbyist, we care about our investment. I'm not complaining about X1 as much as I want to know where it's going. I'm not ready to jump ship, but I'd like to know if the ship is taking me to my destination.

good luck
    Bub
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7196
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/14 23:47:32 (permalink)
    Lynn

Well, I think that's kind of the point.  Those of us who have been with CW for a while, and have built this company with our hard earned dollars have every right in the world to comment on the current state of affairs.  If you've noticed, many longtime users are questioning CW's direction with their latest upgrade.  I don't care about the cosmetics of X1, I only care about its functionality.  Regardless of whether you're a professional or hobbyist, we care about our investment.  I'm not complaining about X1 as much as I want to know where it's going.  I'm not ready to jump ship, but I'd like to know if the ship is taking me to my destination.
    +1

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
    rabeach
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/14 23:58:33 (permalink)

You feel that your strategy will get results I do not believe it will be responsible for any results. Good luck to you.
    Stone House Studios
    Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3550
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 00:09:31 (permalink)
    10Ten

Dale Aston

I'm sorry 10Ten, but this statement is over the top.
    Promised  and didn't happen?
    Promised and charged for?

This is starting to get ridiculous.  Now CW has promised you something? And you didn't get it?
    Do tell! Please let us all know so that we may also consult our lawyers!
    In the mean time (and back to reality) let us all praise 10Ten. He promises nothing. And delivers.

Brian

Core i7-6700@3.40Ghz  Windows 10x64 16 GB RAM
    Sonar Platinum/Studio One     PreSonus Studio 192
    Lynn
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 00:11:52 (permalink)
    rabeach

You feel that your strategy will get results I do not believe it will be responsible for any results. Good luck to you.

I believe that you're sincere, but complacency won't get many results either.  If you're satisfied with X1, then fine.  If not, then you have every right in the world to speak up.  We are the building blocks of this company.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 00:12:36 (permalink)
    Stone House Studios

10Ten

Dale Aston

This is starting to get ridiculous.  Now CW has promised you something? And you didn't get it?
    In the mean time (and back to reality) let us all praise 10Ten. He promises nothing. And delivers.

Brian

I'm sorry that the truth is ridiculous to you, but you are entitled to your opinion on the matter.
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 00:14:50 (permalink)
    rabeach

Tell me. How will thinks get fixed if no one says they are broken? All this love and happiness will stop things from improving. I understand if fighting the good fight isn't your thing, but get out of the way and let those that will stand up for consumers do so.
    Stone House Studios
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 00:17:08 (permalink)
    10Ten

Stone House Studios

10Ten

Dale Aston

Brian

I'm sorry that the truth is ridiculous to you, but you are entitled to your opinion on the matter.

As are you entitled to an opinion. Unfortunately, only you have proclaimed that you have "The Truth".

Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 00:19:03 (permalink)
    Stone House Studios

As are you entitled to an opinion. Unfortunately, only you have proclaimed that you have "The Truth".

Completely untrue and an unnecessary personal attack. Why is it that many of the X1 supporters here can't get their point across without the personal stuff?
    Lynn
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 00:19:40 (permalink)
    Stone House Studios

10Ten

Dale Aston

Brian

I think what he means is that we were lead to believe that X1 would address some continuing problems from the past that didn't quite happen.  It's well known that there are problems with Audio Snap and other functions that haven't been fixed yet.  If not for user feedback, how would CW know that there's a problem at all?  That's why this forum is here, I hope.  And, to offer help when help is needed.  I hope that we all take the high road in this discussion.
    Regards,
    Lynn

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

rabeach
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 00:25:25 (permalink)
    I believe that you're sincere, but complacency won't get many results either. If you're satisfied with X1, then fine. If not, then you have every right in the world to speak up. We are the building blocks of this company.

Complacency and sophomoric behavior accomplish little. I disagree we are consumers of a product offered by a business hardly a building block.
    Stone House Studios
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 00:30:15 (permalink)
    10Ten

Stone House Studios

Completely untrue and an unnecessary personal attack. Why is it that many of the X1 supporters here can't get their point across without the personal stuff?
    Are you kidding me?

"I'm sorry that the truth is ridiculous to you" does not say that you (by proclamaition) know what the truth is? I'll take a foot note or an end note that points me to your version of the truth and be humbled.

And by the way - I'm just here to have software that I can use.  I don't need validation.

Brian

rabeach
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 00:31:14 (permalink)
    All this love and happiness will stop things from improving.
    <g>
    Lynn
    Re:An open letter to CW regarding the new upgrade 2011/01/15 00:31:23 (permalink)
    rabeach

I believe that you're sincere, but complacency won't get many results either. If you're satisfied with X1, then fine. If not, then you have every right in the world to speak up. We are the building blocks of this company.

Complacency and sophomoric behavior accomplish little. I disagree we are consumers of a product offered by a business hardly a building block.

I guess you've never owned a business.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1