Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
kevinwal
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1066
2017/08/10 15:55:45 (permalink)

Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB

I wrote this song several years ago while I was heavily involved in the study of John Lennon's music and song writing. I was so enamored with his phrasing and use of harmony that I felt compelled to write my own Lennon song. Um, yeah. And it wasn't good enough to write a song in his style, I had to sing it like him too, at least as best as I could. Ah, the arrogance of youth. :)

So I fired up Band in a Box, entered my chord progression and hit play to generate a backing track. I then did several vocal tracks and some guitar crap over the top of that. And here is the result. There's a bunch of silly stuff in here. For example, you can hear the metronome ticking away in the back ground on the vocal track. And there's a part in there where I didn't have a lyric or two and just scatted some stuff. Left it all in there. In the end in a moment of uncharacteristic maturity I shelved this song because it was too much not me, I was clearly working hard to be somebody else and I put it away until I could figure out how to really make it my own. 

But if you cut through all the wannabe-isms in this song, I'm beginning to believe that there is something here, and I wanted to get your opinion on it. I know this is not typically how things are done here but what the heck. 

So, here it is, Kevin trying hard to be a Beatle. Be nice, please, we were all young and idealistic once. 

https://soundcloud.com/kevin-ibsen/apple-on-a-tree-v1

Kevin Walsh
My latest tunes are at Reverbnation, please give a listen!

EVGA X58 Classified III, 24GB Kingston RAM, i7/970 6 core
256GB SSD, 2TB HD
Windows 10 Build 10586, Sonar Platinum, 2016.03
MOTU 8Pre Interface

38 Replies Related Threads

eph221
    Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4665
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/10 21:04:51 (permalink)
    Music is spirit, the holy ghost unless you're nietzche. That's your muse, it makes you unique.  Nobody can take that away from you.

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*
     Is a lumineer a new dental appliance?  

i7 2.5 ghz
    32GB RAM
    WINDOWS 10
    My Ass
    Cubase 9.5

optimus
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 316
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/11 00:35:15 (permalink)
    Yes, I guess I can hear shades of Lennon in there and you've tried to capture the sonic qualities of Lennon's sound.
    We've all gone through that phase where we want to emulate our favorite artist or some sonic quality that we thought was the ultimate. Eventually, we all come back to ourselves and try and make the best of it.

That said, if you get rid of that jangly guitar and put a real one in there, I reckon you've got the makings of a good song, even if it is a bit Lennonish.
    I rather like it, for itself.

Cheers
    Wal

Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Roland Octacapture, Windows 7, i5 processor, 8 Gb RAM, X_Touch
    kevinwal
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/11 00:58:52 (permalink)
    Ha, real guitar, I like that. Thanks for the thoughts.

Kevin Walsh

256GB SSD, 2TB HD
    MOTU 8Pre Interface
    markno999
    Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1450
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/11 20:08:10 (permalink)
    Kevin,

Good song, you have something here. 

Regards
    mcourter
    Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3442
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/11 20:17:05 (permalink)

whatever your intentions, the resemblance to anything Lennon is only marginal. If this isn't you, I'd like to hear more from whoever it is. I think it's an excellent song. Maybe it deserves a little more attention, but I like it.

A few guitars, a couple of basses, a MIDI controller, a mandolin, a banjo, a mic, PodFarm2
    Unbridled Enthusiasm
     My music: www.Soundclick.com/markcourter
    kevinwal
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/11 23:02:28 (permalink)
    Yeah, I know it doesn't really sound like him, it was more that I was trying awfully hard to sound like him. Perhaps it's a meaningless distinction but it was important to me at the time. Thank you for your feedback, it's nice to have someone else's opinion. I guess I'm not enough of a writer yet to fully trust my own instincts.

Kevin Walsh

256GB SSD, 2TB HD
    MOTU 8Pre Interface
    Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/11 23:23:50 (permalink)
    Kevin, you picked a good source of inspiration, and did a good job of evoking Lennon's spirit.  There's a lot of room to grow in this genre, as John would have if he would have lived.  My only technical advise would be to soften the upper mids a bit because to my ears it's all a little bright.  Perhaps a little tape or tube emulation on the master bus might smooth this out.  Or, it could be just the mood I'm in at this moment that hears it that way ;)  All in all, damn good song!

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    michael japan
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5252
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/12 01:54:18 (permalink)
    Nice. Clean. I think you captured the vibe very well.

My only complaint is the drums. If you used human in a room instead of band in a box I think it would fly further. Jangly didn't bother me.

Edit - sorry, I've never used BIAB -I didn't realize you write in chords and it makes the song for you. I thought you just did the drums that way - pretty amazing.

Windows 10/64 bit/i7-6560U/SSD/16GB RAM/Cakelab/Sonar Platinum/Pro Tools/Studio 1/Studio 192/DP88/MOTU AVB/Grace M101/AKG Various/Blue Woodpecker/SM81x2/Yamaha C1L Grand Piano/CLP545/MOX88/MOTIF XS Rack Rack/MX61/Korg CX3/Karma/Scarbee EP88s/ Ivory/Ravenscroft Piano/JBL4410/NS10m/Auratones/Omnisphere/Play Composers Selection/Waves/Komplete Kontrol
    kevinwal
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/12 03:08:39 (permalink)
    Yeah, Band in a Box. I never became very proficient with it and this tune was the only time I ever did anything with BIAB. I did this one as an experiment with the various styles it has in its library. It's a pretty amazing program though, but it's not magic, and if I take this song any further, I'd be starting from scratch. At the end if it all it's a lot more fun to just do it the old-fashioned way.

I wrote the song (structure, progression, melody, guitar fills & solos) and BIAB generated a bassline, pad and piano accompaniment based on a specific style. It generates a rather machine-like rendering, but a pretty sophisticated one. Still, it's like doing a painting and then using a stock photo as the background. In the end a rather unsatisfying experience and one that, as I said earlier, I abandoned.

Kevin Walsh

256GB SSD, 2TB HD
    MOTU 8Pre Interface
    michael japan
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5252
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/12 03:14:44 (permalink)
    well, it's pretty amazing it can do that. And the song, guitars, and vocals are all very nice. Kudos.

Windows 10/64 bit/i7-6560U/SSD/16GB RAM/Cakelab/Sonar Platinum/Pro Tools/Studio 1/Studio 192/DP88/MOTU AVB/Grace M101/AKG Various/Blue Woodpecker/SM81x2/Yamaha C1L Grand Piano/CLP545/MOX88/MOTIF XS Rack Rack/MX61/Korg CX3/Karma/Scarbee EP88s/ Ivory/Ravenscroft Piano/JBL4410/NS10m/Auratones/Omnisphere/Play Composers Selection/Waves/Komplete Kontrol
    kevinwal
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/12 03:35:05 (permalink)
    Thanks, Michael, I do appreciate your feedback!

Kevin Walsh

256GB SSD, 2TB HD
    MOTU 8Pre Interface
    FreeEarCandy
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 181
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/12 07:20:59 (permalink)
    I usually go right for the tune and then come back and read the info then comment. My immediate impression was nice vocals-they have some nice up front clarity, however the back seemed just a tad wet-just a tad (don't ask me how much a tad is).  The second thing that hit me was it had a definite British vibe, and, of course, my mind went immediately to the Beatles-definitely Lennon...definitely (spoken in my best Dustin Hoffman rain man voice).

I think this is a well done tune, and I dig the channeling, but don't go too far, because a good exorcist is hard to find-awfully busy these days I suppose with all the demons about and Halloween just around the corner. Believe me I know, as I'm still trying to shake off the ghost of David Gilmour, who to my amazement is still around with us-thank God! 

Well, I can't say enough about your tune. I enjoyed it, felt it, and conclude you are in fact John Lennon, which leaves me confused as to who I should say goodbye too.

:)
    Dean. 

!!!))) @(~..~)@ (((!!!
    ***FreeEarCandy***
    kennywtelejazz
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7151
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/12 14:24:15 (permalink)
    Hi Kevin ,

BIAB or not , this song did come out very good .
    I would not have know that you used BIAB if you did not mention it upfront
    IMHO, I  think you pretty much owned what you did here with the song . The singing and production was very decent .
    I happen to miss hearing those Lennon type of chord progressions in popular Music .
    I happen to think that what you have done here is a very good starting off point to piggy backing off what has been done before in the past while giving you the opportunity to bring this type of genre to a new place while still honoring your Lennon influence .
    How could you accomplish that goal ? IMHO it would take giving time a little time ...step away from the tune a little bit and start replacing some of the BIAB generated auto accompaniments with instruments you have played in their place ..
    You can even ask a few players on the forum to collab with you if need be . I'm sure there's a few people here on the forum that are familiar with The Music of the Beatles and Lennon ... 
    If you are on your own you can work it one track at a time ,
    ex,...add some nice acoustic guitar strums in select places ..BTW, Session Drummer has a great Ringo Kit ...
    Little touches like that along the way can add up to big changes in a song ...
    In any event, I still think your song as it is was , is certainly a very good listen good job .

all the best ,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
    The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
    I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
    The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/12 17:05:16 (permalink)
    It works however you did it, are thinking of reworking it or something else?

Thank for sharing.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    kevinwal
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/12 18:29:24 (permalink)
    FreeEarCandy
    I usually go right for the tune and then come back and read the info then comment. My immediate impression was nice vocals-they have some nice up front clarity, however the back seemed just a tad wet-just a tad (don't ask me how much a tad is).  The second thing that hit me was it had a definite British vibe, and, of course, my mind went immediately to the Beatles-definitely Lennon...definitely (spoken in my best Dustin Hoffman rain man voice).

I think this is a well done tune, and I dig the channeling, but don't go too far, because a good exorcist is hard to find-awfully busy these days I suppose with all the demons about and Halloween just around the corner. Believe me I know, as I'm still trying to shake off the ghost of David Gilmour, who to my amazement is still around with us-thank God! 

Well, I can't say enough about your tune. I enjoyed it, felt it, and conclude you are in fact John Lennon, which leaves me confused as to who I should say goodbye too.

:)
    Dean. 

Ha, that's great, Dean. I'm glad you enjoyed the song. I'll try not to go too far, mostly because I don't think I'm actually able to. David Gilmour is another ghost rolls around my studio alive though he may be. Yeah, we are all standing on the shoulders of ghosts, really giant, gargantuan ghosts. 

Kevin Walsh

256GB SSD, 2TB HD
    MOTU 8Pre Interface
    kevinwal
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/12 18:33:09 (permalink)
    Wookiee
    It works however you did it, are thinking of reworking it or something else?

Thank for sharing.

Yeah, I'm thinking about it. Some minor alterations to the melody line and maybe even finish writing the lyric.. :) But you know how it is, once a song gets out of your head and starts making waves in the air it tends to want to be what it is. Mostly though I'd want to alter some of the guitar lines, practice them well and then re-do them since what's there is rather sloppy and it was just kind of run off the top of my head. I gotta believe I can do better than that. Andy maybe even a vocal track without a metronome clacking away in the background. :)

Thanks, Wookie!

Kevin Walsh

256GB SSD, 2TB HD
    MOTU 8Pre Interface
    kevinwal
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/12 18:38:53 (permalink)
    kennywtelejazz
    Hi Kevin ,

BIAB or not , this song did come out very good .
    I would not have know that you used BIAB if you did not mention it upfront
    IMHO, I  think you pretty much owned what you did here with the song . The singing and production was very decent .
    I happen to miss hearing those Lennon type of chord progressions in popular Music .
    I happen to think that what you have done here is a very good starting off point to piggy backing off what has been done before in the past while giving you the opportunity to bring this type of genre to a new place while still honoring your Lennon influence .
    How could you accomplish that goal ? IMHO it would take giving time a little time ...step away from the tune a little bit and start replacing some of the BIAB generated auto accompaniments with instruments you have played in their place ..
    You can even ask a few players on the forum to collab with you if need be . I'm sure there's a few people here on the forum that are familiar with The Music of the Beatles and Lennon ... 
    If you are on your own you can work it one track at a time ,
    ex,...add some nice acoustic guitar strums in select places ..BTW, Session Drummer has a great Ringo Kit ...
    Little touches like that along the way can add up to big changes in a song ...
    In any event, I still think your song as it is was , is certainly a very good listen good job .

all the best ,

Kenny

Kenny, I agree, the world needs more Lennon chord progressions! Thanks for your encouragement and your ideas on taking it forward from here. It means a lot to me coming from you! I'll take your suggestions to heart and consider them seriously.

As for BIAB, it did a far more polished job than I'm capable of playing, that's one thing for sure. It's slick and tight and it sounds quite professional (if a bit inhuman to my ear.) And maybe that's what bugs me about it. I'm not that solid a musician. It takes a great deal of work and practice for me to get even the simplest things done, and even then I'm sure a professional producer would reject most of my tracks. But you know, it would me as I am at this moment in time and that's somehow important to me.

Kevin Walsh

256GB SSD, 2TB HD
    MOTU 8Pre Interface
    kennywtelejazz
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7151
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/15 09:42:30 (permalink)
    kevinwal

Kenny, I agree, the world needs more Lennon chord progressions! Thanks for your encouragement and your ideas on taking it forward from here. It means a lot to me coming from you! I'll take your suggestions to heart and consider them seriously.

As for BIAB, it did a far more polished job than I'm capable of playing, that's one thing for sure. It's slick and tight and it sounds quite professional (if a bit inhuman to my ear.) And maybe that's what bugs me about it. I'm not that solid a musician. It takes a great deal of work and practice for me to get even the simplest things done, and even then I'm sure a professional producer would reject most of my tracks. But you know, it would me as I am at this moment in time and that's somehow important to me.

Kevin , I hope it's OK for me to make a suggestion to you on how you can get some extra mileage out of BIAB ...
    In my case, I have taken a fully structured tune that I was somewhat happy with and what I would do is save various versions of the same exact song at the same tempo and key  using different styles ...
    Those different styles would give me ideas and in some cases , since i was working with the same song in a different style I would lift a part here and there along the way and drop it into my song project  

all the best,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
    The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
    I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
    The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

kevinwal
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/15 21:46:45 (permalink)
    That's not a bad idea, Kenny, thanks!

Kevin Walsh

256GB SSD, 2TB HD
    MOTU 8Pre Interface
    bjornpdx
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 759
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/16 02:33:12 (permalink)
    Kevin
    I think you did very well with this, even getting pretty darn close to sounding like Lennon's voice.
    I posted another Lennon themed song  currently on the forum and I focused more on his lyrics. Didn't think of using chord progressions that Lennon might have used. Seems like you also used similar vocal fx to bring out his sound? Nicely done.

Bjorn
    soundcloud.com/orygun
    www.bjornfredrickson.com
    https://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/BjornFredrickson

Purrfect Audio Pro Studio, RME UCX
    Cakewalk by Bandlab,  Studio One,  Reaper
    kevinwal
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/17 05:39:49 (permalink)
    Thank you, Bjorn! I think I may have doubled the vocals to thicken which is something Lennon did reflexively with his vocal tracks. What's the name of the thread, I'd like to give it a listen.

Kevin Walsh

256GB SSD, 2TB HD
    MOTU 8Pre Interface
    Bert Guy
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1042
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/20 20:01:25 (permalink)
    Kevin,
    This is a remarkably good sim of a John Lennon song from top to bottom. The accompaniment is basic, very much like it is on his solo albums, esp Plastic Ono.. The linear melody is dead on (Paul's tunes tended to have a lot movement with even octave jumps). The lyric has the biting quality JL's had. 

The topper is the vocal- it sounds like you could make some extra dough doing a John Lennon tribute act. 

Good stuff

Bert

post edited by Bert Guy - 2017/08/21 03:51:20

Silence is so accurate

http://www.soundclick.com...ault.cfm?bandID=587673

kevinwal
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/22 03:17:19 (permalink)
    Thanks Bert! Plastic Ono Band is one of my favorite periods in his career. I find relatively easy to be just about anybody but myself. :)

Kevin Walsh

256GB SSD, 2TB HD
    MOTU 8Pre Interface
    michaelhanson
    Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3529
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/22 13:09:35 (permalink)
    I'm a HUGE Lennon fan.  I think you have captured the essence, style and vocal mannerisms of John pretty well.  Nice work, bro.  The instrumentation and arrangement is very Lennon-ish.  

Ok, one little nit.....it ends awfully quickly.  I can see John having more of a hook type of ending.  

Mike

https://soundcloud.com/michaeljhanson
    https://www.facebook.com/michaeljhanson.music
    iTunes:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/scandalous-grace/id1180730765

Platinum Lifetime, Focusrite 8i6 & 2i4, Gibson LP, ES335, Fender Strat, 4003 Rickenbacker
    BMI
    daryl1968
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10984
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/22 17:34:20 (permalink)
    Very nice Kevin - the hook is still going round my head
    kevinwal
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/24 02:13:22 (permalink)
    michaelhanson
    I'm a HUGE Lennon fan.  I think you have captured the essence, style and vocal mannerisms of John pretty well.  Nice work, bro.  The instrumentation and arrangement is very Lennon-ish.  

Ok, one little nit.....it ends awfully quickly.  I can see John having more of a hook type of ending.  

Thanks for spending some time with it, Michael, it's good to hear that I got done what I was trying to do. ;) Now I have to go study Lennon's song endings, lol.

Kevin Walsh

256GB SSD, 2TB HD
    MOTU 8Pre Interface
    emeraldsoul
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1858
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/24 14:05:34 (permalink)
    I'd say thumbs up to the Lennonness, and I liked the guitar tone and playing. The overall mix balance could be fiddled with, it is on the bright trebly side. Do you have an "aural exciters" on this? You might excite those aurals a little less if so.

FWIW I liked and appreciated Lennon but musically and compositionally I'm more of a McCartney guy, so take that into account! :)

cheers,
    -Tom

A work in regress:
    www.studiusinterruptus.com

Cornbread - video   audio
    A Very, Very Troubled Soul - video   
    Kilometers Davis - video   audio
    Mayans (Face in the Crowd) - video  audio
    The Sweet Slow Fade - video
    kevinwal
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/24 14:37:30 (permalink)
    I tend toward trebliness owing to some upper range hearing loss, it's a tendency that I have to be vigilant for. I have to have my wife review stuff to have any hope that things will sound good for normal people. McCartney rocks, I love his solo work too. Saw him in '76 on his first Wings American tour and he was just incredible.

Kevin Walsh

256GB SSD, 2TB HD
    MOTU 8Pre Interface
    stevec
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11546
    Re: Apple on a Tree - Channeling John Lennon with BIAB 2017/08/29 18:59:09 (permalink)
    BIAB/mix aside, I do hear the Lennon influence in this one, particularly at the beginning and during the last section.  Overall, for me it has more of a solo Lennon vibe vs. his work in the Beatles.   Oh, and the guitar licks were nice as well, smooth and well placed.

SteveC
    https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
    Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
    Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1