Are EVP's real or a hoax?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Crg
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7719
Re:Are EVP's real or a hoax? 2010/12/04 21:29:55 (permalink)
savageopera

Hoax.........A mic responds to to changes in air pressure. Therefore, a ghost's voice would have to be generated by lungs forcing air past vocal cords and then shaped by lips. Therefore, the ghost would have to have a physical body to produce sound.  In other words, how could a "spirit" produce sound? If this doesn't sound logical, then go to the ads section of one of the "inquirer" gossip mags and ask one of those professional psychics, and for a small fee, you'll get the "real" answer...........Ron  

Yes and no. Communication isn't always in sound. Communication occurs by feelings also. As well as some obscure methods of "vibration" of the substances-elements that make up "air". A mic responds to parts of air, air can move those parts. An electrical feild exerted by a mics parts respond to parts of the air that are electrical also. A spirit exists in spirit form if you want to call it that, by binding the the shape of their living self in energy form. Music encompass's both spirit and sound, most people understand one or the other so anything they hear is what they attribute a communication to. When a feeling is so real you could swear you heard it, how do you tell if it was an excitation of the parts of the air that spirit and sound share?

Craig DuBuc
Crg
Re:Are EVP's real or a hoax? 2010/12/05 09:41:13 (permalink)
I hope that freaks you out enough.

Craig DuBuc
bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re:Are EVP's real or a hoax? 2010/12/05 11:33:01 (permalink)
Crg

I hope that freaks you out enough.

Far be it from me to mention that everything you say freaks me out more than enough, Craig.
drewfx1
Max Output Level: -9.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6585
Re:Are EVP's real or a hoax? 2010/12/05 12:28:59 (permalink)
Crg

A mic responds to parts of air, air can move those parts. An electrical feild exerted by a mics parts respond to parts of the air that are electrical also.

Hmm, and the keyboard I'm typing this on also generates an electrical signal that passes an electrical signal to the keyboard controller. So if a ghost can figure out how to generate an electrical field that would modulate a mic's electrical signal in the appropriate way, perhaps they could do the same with a computer keyboard.

Then spirits could free themselves from being tied to haunting a particular area and go global on the 'net (or would they just confine themselves to spooky, haunted websites?). They could spend eternity sending out haunted e-mails and haunted forum posts. I'm surprised we haven't seen any here yet.

Or have we?
Searchfinger
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 104
Re:Are EVP's real or a hoax? 2010/12/05 13:57:13 (permalink)
Hmm, and the keyboard I'm typing this on also generates an electrical signal that passes an electrical signal to the keyboard controller. So if a ghost can figure out how to generate an electrical field that would modulate a mic's electrical signal in the appropriate way, perhaps they could do the same with a computer keyboard. Then spirits could free themselves from being tied to haunting a particular area and go global on the 'net (or would they just confine themselves to spooky, haunted websites?). They could spend eternity sending out haunted e-mails and haunted forum posts. I'm surprised we haven't seen any here yet.

^^^
...this...
Crg
Re:Are EVP's real or a hoax? 2010/12/05 20:09:41 (permalink)
Far be it from me to mention that everything you say freaks me out more than enough, Craig.

Mission accomplished. In all seriousness though, hauntings are a sign of trouble, unfinished business that has bound a spirit where it shouldn't be. To be attuned to the " dead channel" is a dangerous thing. There's place not far from my house that was the last legal brothel in Clark county. It's been there since the 40's I beleive. Very haunted, very active at night at certain times of the year. The souls of some of the girls are still there. They must have died there somehow. During September at around 10:00 pm you could swear you can see a wispy feminine form walk from the brothel house and stand by the road as if waiting for someone. Across the road to the right, a door opens in a dark building and a light shines out in the shape of a starlight cross. It dissapears soon afterward. In the morning, there is no building there, only an old foundation.

Craig DuBuc
marcos69
Max Output Level: -26 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4950
Re:Are EVP's real or a hoax? 2010/12/05 20:43:14 (permalink)
Crg

Mission accomplished. In all seriousness though, hauntings are a sign of trouble, unfinished business that has bound a spirit where it shouldn't be. To be attuned to the " dead channel" is a dangerous thing. There's place not far from my house that was the last legal brothel in Clark county. It's been there since the 40's I beleive. Very haunted, very active at night at certain times of the year. The souls of some of the girls are still there. They must have died there somehow. During September at around 10:00 pm you could swear you can see a wispy feminine form walk from the brothel house and stand by the road as if waiting for someone. Across the road to the right, a door opens in a dark building and a light shines out in the shape of a starlight cross. It dissapears soon afterward. In the morning, there is no building there, only an old foundation.

Well, there's the solution then, isn't it.  We send all of our ghosts over to your haunted brothel and get them layed.  Unfinished business - finished.

Mark Wessels

At CD Baby

At Soundclick
Crg
Re:Are EVP's real or a hoax? 2010/12/06 19:14:51 (permalink)
Well, there's the solution then, isn't it. We send all of our ghosts over to your haunted brothel and get them layed. Unfinished business - finished.

I don't think they're taking any clients there now. Seriously, the place gives me the creeps in the day time. There's a bike trail right next to it that I ride occasionaly and the difference in atmosphere is quite apparent next to the place.

Craig DuBuc
SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re:Are EVP's real or a hoax? 2010/12/06 19:20:38 (permalink)
Crg

During September at around 10:00 pm you could swear you can see a wispy feminine form walk from the brothel house and stand by the road as if waiting for someone. Across the road to the right, a door opens in a dark building and a light shines out in the shape of a starlight cross. It dissapears soon afterward. In the morning, there is no building there, only an old foundation.

And you have the photographs and videotape?

Sorry Craig, but I guess I'm just an old cynic

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Crg
Re:Are EVP's real or a hoax? 2010/12/06 20:38:16 (permalink)
SteveStrummerUK

Crg

During September at around 10:00 pm you could swear you can see a wispy feminine form walk from the brothel house and stand by the road as if waiting for someone. Across the road to the right, a door opens in a dark building and a light shines out in the shape of a starlight cross. It dissapears soon afterward. In the morning, there is no building there, only an old foundation.

And you have the photographs and videotape?

Sorry Craig, but I guess I'm just an old cynic

The whole point of this thread is that these are things you can't photograph or record on video. Thus the "EVPs" are hoaxes.
??? Can you see more than you can photograph or film?

Craig DuBuc
Chappel
Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2300
Re:Are EVP's real or a hoax? 2010/12/06 20:52:23 (permalink)
Crg

??? Can you see more than you can photograph or film?

Absolutely. The phenomenon is known as hallucinating. I'm not saying that every time someone has seen an apparition they were hallucinating but some people who have had hallucinations describe them as indistinguishable from reality. This is also how people describe apparitions. I have lost count of the times I have seen, or heard, people say "I know what I saw and I know it wasn't an hallucination". But if hallucinations are indistinguishable from reality... HOW do they know they weren't hallucinating?
bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re:Are EVP's real or a hoax? 2010/12/06 20:54:47 (permalink)
Chappel,

To play devil's advocate for a moment. How would we empirically prove hallucinations are indistinguishable from reality?

Chappel
Re:Are EVP's real or a hoax? 2010/12/06 21:16:04 (permalink)
bapu

Chappel,

To play devil's advocate for a moment. How would we empirically prove hallucinations are indistinguishable from reality?

Well, aside from sticking electrodes inside someone's brain while they are hallucinating, I don't know how that is possible. So far all we have is anecdotal evidence from people who have had hallucinations? Same evidence that supports the existence of ghostly apparitions. Of course, there may well be a LOT of evidence that supports the hypothesis that hallucinations look real. I am hardly an expert in the field. Although I remember once, years ago, after eating some funny looking mushrooms, I saw tracks of bright lights following people's hands. Looked pretty real to me.

It's certainly a interesting subject. I just found this little interesting tidbit:

"The experience of visual hallucinations for schizophrenics however, is quite different. Schizophrenics almost never experience visual hallucinations by themselves, rather they are virtually always in conjunction with auditory or other hallucinatory forms. In short, for schizophrenics visual hallucinations are but one part of an entire "delusional system,"(6) that results in these individuals' inability to distinguish the images they are seeing from reality."

http://serendip.brynmawr....euro01/web3/Cohen.html
Ham N Egz
  • Total Posts : 15161
Re:Are EVP's real or a hoax? 2010/12/06 22:00:28 (permalink)
 Im sorry , I saw some kind of show about EVPs last night and even though they played the audio and video line over and over again  " im on the bed behind you" I could not make it out, maybe my reproduction system isn't the best.. but I didnt hear it....

sure ethereal  voice energy maybe be minuscule, but damn it if you can lift plates, open doors, and knock stuff over , you can speak louder ,NO???

Green Acres is the place to be
 I dont twitter, facebook, snapchat, instagram,linkedin,tumble,pinterest,flick, blah blah,lets have an old fashioned conversation!

Bub
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7196
Re:Are EVP's real or a hoax? 2010/12/06 22:27:45 (permalink)
Some very interesting reading here.

And some more.
post edited by Bub - 2010/12/06 22:39:43

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
Chappel
Re:Are EVP's real or a hoax? 2010/12/06 22:59:13 (permalink)
Bub

Some very interesting reading here.

And some more.

Well, if you're going to bring that up we might as well look at Spiricom.
Bub
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7196
Re:Are EVP's real or a hoax? 2010/12/06 23:14:36 (permalink)

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1