CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service

Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Author
ccmacdon
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 250
2006/09/23 12:50:55 (permalink)

CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service

I have tried very hard to purchase my Sonar 6 Producer Edition upgrade, but I can't get through the credit card authentication process!! Everything is fine with my credit card and the address on my card, so it is clearly a problem with your credit card authorization process, and there are 9 pages of complaints and related comments to prove this point on the forum!! I've sent several emails throughout last week and I have received NO REPLY to any of them. AND WHEN I CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE BEEN PUT ON HOLD FOR 10-15 MINUTES EACH TIME (and I've had no alternative but to give up!!)

How do I get some response from you guys.. this is disgraceful... Craig MacDonald

105 Replies Related Threads

D.Triny
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 870
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 13:22:46 (permalink)
    have you tried splitting your address into two Address lines?

-------------
    David Abraham 
    My Awesome Movie

ccmacdon
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 13:27:03 (permalink)
    David, no I haven't tried that but I did try duplicating my street address on all three lines.. how exactly are you suggesting I split my address over the three lines?

Street
    City
    Povince (being from Canada I have a province rather than a state).

??
    Craig
    Sid Viscous
    Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1532
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 13:28:25 (permalink)
    YOu got put on hold for 10 minutes?
    Oh, the humanity!
    ccmacdon
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 13:52:46 (permalink)
    do I sense some sarcasm there

Yes but it was long distance.. (the 1-800 line doesn't work from Canada) ... and I have a problem spending long distance $$ waiting on hold with Cakewalk, just so they can take my money? That's what 1-800 numbers are for and if they don't have one that works in Canada that's poor customer service in my opinon.. I'm sure they have lot's of Canadian customers!! Craig
    tunekicker
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1261
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 13:53:20 (permalink)
    Do you have cookies enabled in your browser? I saw that mentioned earlier on the forum...

Peace,

- Tunes
    Sid Viscous
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 13:54:14 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: ccmacdon

do I sense some sarcasm there

Yes but it was long distance.. (the 1-800 line doesn't work from Canada) ... and I have a problem spending long distance $$ waiting on hold with Cakewalk, just so they can take my money? That's what 1-800 numbers are for and if they don't have one that works in Canada that's poor customer service in my opinon.. I'm sure they have lot's of Canadian customers!! Craig

As far as I know Cake doesn't have a toll free number. I suggest you get you money back and buy Cubase 4.
    Susan G
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12016
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 13:57:33 (permalink)
    Hi Sid-
    As far as I know Cake doesn't have a toll free number.

Sure it does, at least in the US (or were you being sarcastic again?):

Sales: 888.CAKEWALK (888.225.3925) 9AM-8PM EST Monday-Friday

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
    Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
    SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64
    Sid Viscous
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 13:59:12 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Susan G

Hi Sid-
    As far as I know Cake doesn't have a toll free number.

Sure it does, at least in the US (or were you being sarcastic again?):

Sales: 888.CAKEWALK (888.225.3925) 9AM-8PM EST Monday-Friday

-Susan

I've always used the toll number. Oh, well.
    Jason Archibald
    • Total Posts : 209
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 14:34:51 (permalink)
    the 888 number doesn't work from Canada.

I'd recommend an unlimited long distance plan before you try and contact cakewalk...

There has been a lot of trouble with the online ordering, I eventually had to give up on that and just order it over the phone... which is fine, but getting through to them isn't the easiest.

And my order was marred with 2 weeks of nonsense which I've outlined in another thread...

good luck.

www.jasonarchibald.com

Athlon 64 3700+ WinXP 2GB RAM
    Sonar 6 PE, Cubase VST
    FL 7, Project 5v2
    Sound Forge 9
    Finale 2008, 2007c, 2005b
    Komplete 3, 4, Massive
    Novation X-Station 61, Yamaha P-80
    Kore, RME Hammerfall and Mindprint DI Port
    krizrox
    Max Output Level: -35 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4046
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 14:44:13 (permalink)
    I'm curious about something. I realize these might be really naive questions:

Do the local distributors in your countries of origin not provide any meaningful support functions for you? I mean, if you were to call them and ask them to help, would they simply ignore you? Is it worse than calling the US and trying to get help directly from the mothership? Just wondering.

Larry Kriz
    www.LnLRecording.com
    www.myspace.com/lnlrecording

Sonar PE 8.5, Samplitude Pro 11, Sonic Core Scope Professional/XTC, A16 Ultra AD/DA, Intel DG965RY MOBO, Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz processor, XFX GeForce 7300 GT PCIe video card, Barracuda 750 & 320GB SATA drives, 4GB DDR Ram, Plextor DVD/CD-R burner.
    Sid Viscous
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 14:51:42 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Jason Archibald

the 888 number doesn't work from Canada.

I'd recommend an unlimited long distance plan before you try and contact cakewalk...

There has been a lot of trouble with the online ordering, I eventually had to give up on that and just order it over the phone... which is fine, but getting through to them isn't the easiest.

And my order was marred with 2 weeks of nonsense which I've outlined in another thread...

good luck.

Oh, about that signature. It is blatantly false. My brand new Toshi laptop works great with a pro audio card.
    My Favorites
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 744
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 15:14:07 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: krizrox

I'm curious about something. I realize these might be really naive questions:

Do the local distributors in your countries of origin not provide any meaningful support functions for you? I mean, if you were to call them and ask them to help, would they simply ignore you? Is it worse than calling the US and trying to get help directly from the mothership? Just wondering.

How can we get discounted price? They don't care we are 4-5 user... If cakewalk sends sonar6 to the Hongkong distributor for me, that would be great.. Or just arrange one for me so i get discount..
    svw24
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 125
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 15:19:48 (permalink)
    ccmacdon, i hope your problem is solved in the meanwhile. Could you please change that terrible screaming topic title?
    Because i dont think the cakewalk people deserve this disrespectful handling.

Thanks allot
    Greetz

SvW
    beatrack
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 71
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 15:21:06 (permalink)
    I don't work for them, so this is not a plug but you can order SONAR 6 at
    www.kellysmusic.ca and save the PST too!

I'm sure the upgrades for S6 will soon be listed but maybe you don't want
    to wait.

I've purchased several Cakewalk products through them and they have
    been great.

Cheers
    post edited by beatrack - 2006/09/23 15:40:35
    Ognis
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5129
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 16:44:18 (permalink)
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I belive this would be a problem with their billing service. The "bank" that they go through. Or, perhaps your browser is not handling the HTTPS protocall correctly. If you are using IE, try checking your security settings. Did anything pop in the "info bar" ? Try downloading Opera browser. http://opera.com It works circles around any other browser, and doesn't use your IE settings. Just a suggestion. Also, if you are using FireFox, don't, FireFox is a total peice of thrown together garbage, that steals all their ideas from Opera, and still can't get it right.

Just my 2 cents.
    robi79
    • Total Posts : 72
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 16:51:40 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: svw24

ccmacdon, i hope your problem is solved in the meanwhile. Could you please change that terrible screaming topic title?
    Because i dont think the cakewalk people deserve this disrespectful handling.

Thanks allot
    Greetz

SvW

post edited by robi79 - 2006/09/23 18:03:15
    ccmacdon
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 17:19:29 (permalink)
    Robi79

I'm confused, are you suggesting that my title of my topic is one of the most terrible things you've read on any forum, or are you suggesting that svw24's suggestion that I should change my title is terrible? either way I think that's a little extreme, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Again there are numerous topics that have to do with issues with the problems with the cakewalk on-line store, and there is a 9 page topic that has to do with credit card authentication problems..

My title is intended to make a point.. these problems and lack of responsiveness on the part of cakewalk is getting ridiculous!!

Regarding suggestions that I should consider ordering the upgrade through a local distributor in Canada, I may have to do this, but until now it has always been quicker and easier to order directly from cakewalk... and I have never encountered this problem before.

Craig
    ReValveiT
    • Total Posts : 224
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 17:30:42 (permalink)
    Things don't get much better once you manage to even place the order!

If I were you I wouldn't bother. Cake clearly has a big mess of a customer service and seem to be doing absolutely zero to sort it out.

Keep your money and run. You'll save yourself a lot of headaches.
    Jason Archibald
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 17:31:45 (permalink)
    "Oh, about that signature. It is blatantly false. My brand new Toshi laptop works great with a pro audio card. "

Your tendency to overstate things aside, I'm quite interested in your toshiba laptop experience. Which model of laptop do you have, and which soundcard are you using?

I wrote that part of my signature when I had a longer one and had limited space to express my caution. My statements are based on problems using multiple brands of cards, on both USB and FIREWIRE interfaces, adding to it the experiences of others who have had the same problems with toshiba laptops and also the issues linux programmers have had with toshiba laptops regarding latency.

The problems I speak of are ones that Toshiba is unwilling to fix at this point, and is one that Dell had a few years back but did fix. It's a bios level problem... and if I may, I might suggest that you inquire into details
    post edited by Jason Archibald - 2006/09/23 17:51:39

www.jasonarchibald.com

Sonar 6 PE, Cubase VST
    FL 7, Project 5v2
    Sound Forge 9
    Komplete 3, 4, Massive
    Ognis
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5129
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 17:43:10 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Jason Archibald

"Oh, about that signature. It is blatantly false. My brand new Toshi laptop works great with a pro audio card. "

Your tendency to overstate things aside, I'm quite interested in your toshiba laptop experience. Which model of laptop do you have, and which soundcard ar you using?

I wrote that part of my signature when I had a longer one and had limited space to express my caution. My statements are based on problems using multiple brands of cards, on both USB and FIREWIRE interfaces, adding to it the experiences of others who have had the same problems with toshiba laptops and also the issues linux programmers have had with toshiba laptops regarding latency.

The problems I speak of are ones that Toshiba is unwilling to fix at this point, and is one that Dell had a few years back but did fix. It's a bios level problem... and if I may, I might suggest that you inquire to the details rather than acting like a know-it-all.

Talk about ignoring the posters topic...

Anyway, @ the topic starter, if you have never had a prob before, perhaps Cakewalk changed their billing system/company since then. Is this just happening to non-U.S. people ? Not that it would help any if you know any of that. But there is a HUGE diff between the existing users price, and the new users price, and I agree with the guy before, if you buy it from a local vender, I'm sure they could care less if you are an existing user or not. So if you have to pay hundreds of dollars extra for it, then I would just try to get things straight through Cakewalk. Me personaly, I can't afford to upgrade now, I'm gonna be on 5.2 for a while, however, I'm not looking foward to it.
    robi79
    • Total Posts : 72
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 17:49:06 (permalink)

Robi79

I'm confused, are you suggesting that my title of my topic is one of the most terrible things you've read on any forum, or are you suggesting that svw24's suggestion that I should change my title is terrible? either way I think that's a little extreme, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Again there are numerous topics that have to do with issues with the problems with the cakewalk on-line store, and there is a 9 page topic that has to do with credit card authentication problems..

My title is intended to make a point.. these problems and lack of responsiveness on the part of cakewalk is getting ridiculous!!

Regarding suggestions that I should consider ordering the upgrade through a local distributor in Canada, I may have to do this, but until now it has always been quicker and easier to order directly from cakewalk... and I have never encountered this problem before.

Craig

I did not mean your title. Sorry 'bout that and sure, everybody is entitled to his own opinion but when I read through this topic and then came to ... "suggestion" (not really an opinion) I got sick >>Oh, the poor boys (and girls) from cakewalk, they really don't deserve this, ohhh... You bad bad boy, you<<
    However, I'm sorry and will edit my original post. Next time I just think it to myself, but. Good night, it was a hard day.
    ccmacdon
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 17:53:09 (permalink)
    Ogis,

I don't think it's necessarily just happening to non-US customers but there is definately a lot of non-US customers that seem to have issues.. it's one thing for the on-line store to have some kind of a credit card problem but to expect your customers to sit on hold on the telephone incuring long distance charges for excessive periods of time simply to place an order is absolutely ridiculous. If there was a 1-800 number that worked in Canada I wouldn't have such a big problem with all this, I would have simply waited on the phone, but not if I'm paying long distance charges!! Craig
    SteveJL
    Max Output Level: -29 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4644
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 17:59:32 (permalink)
    I agree this issue needs to be corrected.....too many people are encountering it and it's not acceptable in today's E-Commerce world.

BTW, lemee guess....Mastercard, right?

I use my MC exclusively for EC stuff, and Cake's (plus 1 other) is the only 2 sites I've had trouble with (out of over 12 others).

Jason Archibald
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 17:59:52 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Ogis

Talk about ignoring the posters topic...

What are you talking about? I'm simply responding to something someone said about me a couple of posts up... if you are so indignant, why don't you deal with the source.

www.jasonarchibald.com

Sonar 6 PE, Cubase VST
    FL 7, Project 5v2
    Sound Forge 9
    Komplete 3, 4, Massive
    ccmacdon
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 18:21:02 (permalink)
    YES the issues are with Mastercard... Craig
    glazfolk
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5253
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 18:23:43 (permalink)
    This forum is cholking with posts from people who have trouble with Cakewalk's online store, especially overseas.

My advice is to not bother to try using them. Go to a store who actually answers emails and gives decent customer srvice for your upgrade. Sweetwater is one, but there are others.

Good luck,
    Geoff
    burkek
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1104
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 19:07:42 (permalink)

If there was a 1-800 number that worked in Canada I wouldn't have such a big problem with all this, I would have simply waited on the phone, but not if I'm paying long distance charges!! Craig

I used Skype to call Cakewalk and was on hold for about 40 minutes. Skype is free, and lets you call US toll-free numbers for ... er ... free!

KEv

www.kevinburke.ca

Macbook Pro 2017 | 4K monitor 
    AKAI S5000 x 3 | Korg Prophecy/Poly-61M | Alesis S4+/DM5 | Ensoniq Mirage x 2, ASR-10 | EMU e6400 | Roland S750 | Kawai K4r/XD-5/K3m | EMU Proformance/1+ | Waldorf uQ

Jose7822
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10031
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 19:23:07 (permalink)
    I used Skype to call Cakewalk and was on hold for about 40 minutes. Skype is free, and lets you call US toll-free numbers for ... er ... free!

KEv

That's an awesome idea Kevin!!! Plus the service is very reliable. You should try intalling it ccmacdon.

mountaincruz
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 131
    RE: CAKEWALK - absolutely disgraceful service 2006/09/23 20:12:56 (permalink)
    I ordered Dimension Pro on Cake's webstore yesterday and it worked perfectly and beautifully with no problems whatsoever. This has ALWAYS been my experience with Cake's webstore. I use a VISA bankcard.

I strongly suspect the the problem either with your credit card or with your browser settings.

I undertand you are frustrated, but I believe you are overreacting a bit with the title of this thread. Cakewalk's a good honest company.

Cheers!

SONAR X1 Expanded x64
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    HP Pavillion Elite HPE 410y
    AMD Phenom II 1045 2.7 Ghz
    8 GB memory
    Focusrite USB 6
    Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1