CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB!

Page: << < ..67 > Showing page 6 of 7
Author
harmony gardens
Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3490
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/17 15:59:19 (permalink)
Anyone who is intererested, the CSR demo is available now. It does require a key though, but if you have Philharmonik, you're in business.

http://www.classikstudioreverb.com/Main.html?CSRDownload
Susan G
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12016
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/17 16:23:38 (permalink)
It does require a key though

OT, I know, but ! I think this is ridiculous. The Cubase demo requires a dongle, too. I wouldn't consider it unless I was guaranteed a refund on the hardware if I didn't buy the software!

But thanks for the update, HG!

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64
jimack
Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1814
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/17 16:36:58 (permalink)
Agreed. It is getting totally ridiculous. And it will only continue to get worse unless people simply REFUSE to buy products that require them.

-- Jim

Sonar 7 PE, P5 v2.5, 3.4Ghz P4, 2GB RAM, MAudio 2496PCI, Event TR6, PodXT, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-C3, MAudio Axiom 61, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gretsch 5296, Fender Strat, Larrivee D03R, Martin D12-28, Martin D16-R, etc
harmony gardens
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/17 16:39:31 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Susan G

OT, I know, but ! I think this is ridiculous. The Cubase demo requires a dongle, too. I wouldn't consider it unless I was guaranteed a refund on the hardware if I didn't buy the software!

-Susan

YW Susan. I admitt this is not ideal. The ironic thing is, I have Philharmonik and CSR, and I have two keys, and I only really need one. When Amplitube 2 comes out, I'll get another one.
Bill OConnell
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 760
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/17 16:49:03 (permalink)
And I hate challenge-response, too. I ghost my DAW regularly, but if I change disks or upgrade my DAW, it's a nightmare from hell with all the dongles and different copy protection schemes.

I wonder over and over--does all this nonsense stop piracy? I am *so* sick of this stuff. From reauthorizing the operating system right on down.

Since my system is such a morass of dongles and C/R already, adding an iLok couldn't make it much worse...

Why should we have to pay such a price to be honest? (At least Cakewalk understands, and I'll bet this will really help them in the long run.)

jimack
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/17 19:08:14 (permalink)
I wonder over and over--does all this nonsense stop piracy? I am *so* sick of this stuff. From reauthorizing the operating system right on down.

I don't really think it does. Locks simply keep honest people honest. It certainly punishes the legitimate customer though. But like I said above, as long as customers continue to allow themselves to be treated this way, the companies will continue to use them.

If the devolpers began to see their sales slumping because of people refusing to purchase products with Ilok or PACE or whatever, the dongles would disappear real fast.

I'm going to begin emailing each company who's product I would be interested in and tell them they lost my business BECAUSE of the dongle copy protection. I know it's only 1 sale to them, but if more and more people started doing it, perhaps the dongle's would disappear.
post edited by jimack - 2006/03/17 19:14:28

-- Jim

Sonar 7 PE, P5 v2.5, 3.4Ghz P4, 2GB RAM, MAudio 2496PCI, Event TR6, PodXT, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-C3, MAudio Axiom 61, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gretsch 5296, Fender Strat, Larrivee D03R, Martin D12-28, Martin D16-R, etc
Rednroll
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 537
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/17 20:27:24 (permalink)
If the devolpers began to see their sales slumping because of people refusing to purchase products with Ilok or PACE or whatever, the dongles would disappear real fast.

You know what the irony of that could be though? The more likely scenario is that when their sales slump, their viewpoint is that it's because their copy protection isn't good enough and people are easily able to get free copies of their product......thus, that's the reason for the slump. So let's focus in on increasing our protection schemes for the next version so people can't steal it and they'll have to pay for the next release because they won't be able to steal it. So your entire strategy could work against you, unless everyone is like you and tells them. If it's one person singing in unison with themselves, then the only likely message that is sending is that "this guy must be upset, since he hasn't been able to find a cracked version out there. So let's keep up the good work on the copy protection." Didn't Steinberg use to offer Demo's of their products? Didn't their copy protection consist of only a dongle at one time? Now when you look at their products, they offer no demo, the dongle is still present, but now they added Syncrosoft additional copy protection to further check for the dongle is still present.........and the price has exponentially increased......ohhhh, and all these increased security items by first being purchased by Pinacle.....then shortly afterwards being sold and purchased by Yamaha. So obviously, it must not be a very lucrative business, yet the copy protection has gotten more stringent.

The answer is a new copy protection that is not burdensome on the legitimate user yet can not be cracked by some 14 year old computer geek doing it for the shear thrill. Instead, it seems to be one copy protection placed on top of whatever the next copy protection, then add the next copy protection, until you have what Steinberg has. Let's see, I need my original install disk, I need the serial number from that, but before I install the software first I need to install Syncrosoft, then reboot my system, then connect this dongle to my USB port, and then install the software, find my serial number which is sent in some other package, then once I get that, I need to register by sending my computer ID with my original serial number with a generated activation code, and then when I get a response I enter the challenge response activation code. Hmmmmm????? Is that all???? Come on Steinberg give us a few more hoops to jump thru, I got this done in record time of 3 days before I was actually able to run the program.
Spinedoc
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 574
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/17 20:37:31 (permalink)
If it was my software I would do anything I could to protect it seeing how rampant piracy is. That being said from what I have read here there are cracked versions of plugs out there that employ these protection schemes, so why bother? It may stop the 13 year old novice but as soon as somebody serious about it cracks it, the genie is out of the bottle. The only real way to protect it seems is the way UAD and powercore and TDM do, have cards that install.
harmony gardens
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/17 20:57:58 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Spinedoc

If it was my software I would do anything I could to protect it seeing how rampant piracy is. That being said from what I have read here there are cracked versions of plugs out there that employ these protection schemes, so why bother? It may stop the 13 year old novice but as soon as somebody serious about it cracks it, the genie is out of the bottle. The only real way to protect it seems is the way UAD and powercore and TDM do, have cards that install.

Actually, while that's true, it's not a difficult leap to a dongle from a UAD, IMHO. True, they add functionality to it, but with a dongle, I can install the software on any computer I want, and put in the key and go to work. That's a plus, too.

I'm not happy with dongles, but I do understand that they want to do something about piracy. I can find common ground with anyone who would like to encourage the industry for a better way to do this. Still, a dongle has some advantages over an installed hardware system.
jimack
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/17 21:22:16 (permalink)
Actually, while that's true, it's not a difficult leap to a dongle from a UAD, IMHO. True, they add functionality to it, but with a dongle, I can install the software on any computer I want, and put in the key and go to work. That's a plus, too.

I'm not happy with dongles, but I do understand that they want to do something about piracy. I can find common ground with anyone who would like to encourage the industry for a better way to do this. Still, a dongle has some advantages over an installed hardware system.

I understand also, and I think anti-piracy schemes are required (unfortunately, in this world). However, the dongles are no more effective than software licensing schemes. Therefore, why bother the unfortunate paying customer?

For my personal system, there are the computers in three different locations in my home where I record and edit. I run Sonar on all three computers, in accordance with their EULA. With all the guitars, strings, keyboards, pedals, cables, manuals, microphones, maintenance equiment, stands, CD's, sheet music, etc, etc, etc, the LAST think I want is to have to worry about a tiny USB dongle simply so I can work in another room. It wouldn't take too long before it was lost. Not to mention the often unexplainable oddities that can be associated with ANY usb device.

I'm sorry, but I don't care how good the base product is, I don't wish to pay for that inconvenience. Especially since it doesn't do what it is designed for, which is prevent software piracy. As Spinedoc says, there are cracked versions of the very plugs that employ these "warts" out there. So what's the point of using dongles instead of software protection measures? It seems that all it does is inconvenience me, the paying customer.

post edited by jimack - 2006/03/18 15:01:57

-- Jim

harmony gardens
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/17 21:57:05 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: jimack

I understand also, and I think anti-piracy schemes are required (unfortunately, in this world). However, the dongles are no more effective than software licensing schemes. Therefore, why bother the unfortunate paying customer?

For my personal system, there are the computers in three different locations in my home where I record and edit. I run Sonar on all three computers, in accordance with their EULA. With all the guitars, strings, keyboards, pedals, cables, manuals, microphones, maintenance equiment, stands, CD's, sheet music, etc, etc, etc, the LAST think I want is to have to worry about a tiny USB dongle simply so I can work in another room. It wouldn't take too long before it was lost. Not to mention the often unexplainable oddities that can be associated with ANY usb device.

I'm sorry, but I don't care how good the base product is, I don't wish to pay for that inconvenience. Especially since it doesn't do what it is designed for, which is prevent software piracy. As Spinedoc says, there are cracked versions of the very plugs that employ these "warts" out there. So what's the point of using dongles instead of software protection measures? It seems that all it does is inconvenience me, the paying customer.

I guess it just doesn't bother me as much as it does you, then. Peace
attalus
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1687
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/18 16:45:12 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: pattor

Dear Attalus,

Try some anger management.

My post was in my opinion open and did not call out for trouble. You did encode that I was all offensive with it. Please read it again. Do you really think I want to kick you in your stomach? Your butt? I respect you and everyone else. I love you and everyone else.

Still, I think it's a bit melancholic to see people spend hundreds, thousands of dollars on software that WON'T MAKE THE BASIC AUDIO BETTER! The reverb á 250 bucks or whatever is a binary calculator. It is virtual. It is just a bunch of formulas. Crap in, crap out.

There is certainly good music made on consumer audio systems. I like lo-fi a lot. but I also like to have total control over my lo-fi and that is why I prefer to hear what the f*** is going on inside of my mixes.

Everyone who have got out from the M-audio line for something slightly better would most likely agree that they would never go back. That is what I said. I never forced something on you.

God, this is endless...

I did not fail my recordings with the low end line. As you assume. I once more say - the satisfaction came into another daylight when I heard what REALLY was going on with my formerly so satisfying production. Do you get this? The low end products do not deliver what you would need to make your production sound TOP NOTCH. They don't deliver what you need in order to do appropriate adjustments in the 0.2-0.4 dB range. They do not deliver a satisfying (totally linear) presentation. This is all I'm saying and I can guarantee that anyone who have made a step up in the "judgement chain" will agree upon this.

All I was trying to say was that if people are really serious about their music and aim for doing the production by themselves and aim to really make something out of it - then they should start to investigate what an upgrade from the M-audio-type of gear could do for them. And not continue to spend THOUSANDS of dollars on PLUGINS.

And yes - I know it's all about the TALENT! This is nothing new for anyone.

Let us close this subject. Enough said. We are representatives from two worlds. OK? Fine then.

There are only a few backdraws with getting a true and great monitoring system, and I hope this can be inspiring for those who might consider to spend money on something else than the endless hunt for new plugins:

1. You will hear the degradation of sound by just applying a plugin in "neutral mode". You will hear when 16 or 24 bits of basic recorded audio turns 32 (or 64). You will hear and notice this quantization. Therefore you will use as few plugs as possible. Not very good news if you've your plugin folder full of reverbs, I suppose.

2. You won't need your plugin compressors any more. I just finished mixing a 22 track project with no compressors anywhere. And you know what - it is beatbased electronica with five electric guitars playing different structures at the same time, one live drumkit, one synthesized beatmachine, and a lot of lo-fi approch to noise and additional synths. No compressor on any of the 22 tracks! I know it's more easy to reach for those when having a 2496 from M-audio. This has not to do with talent, it has only to do with translation of the mix and that you hear something that fool you into taking bad decisions on a low end product.

3. The thought of that some wise mastering engineer should fool around with your audio will scare the hell out of you, because your mix has got more punch and richness than what the squashed CD's selling billons have. Your mix will sound better than any of the mixes you tried to "master" back...then. Your mix will sound extremely good on whatever playbakc system you throw it at.

4. You will never, ever, try to fool around with your Ozone, your PSP Vintage warmer, or your multiband compressor. The word mastering will become very, very offensive. You won't need that. You'll print your mix, 22 uncompressed tracks of worth, adjust it to 16/44, send it to your record label and they will ask you who the F has mastered your mix.

5. You will also have a really great time listening to other artists recordings. Even if you have heard them hundred of times, it will be like the first time. Again.

6. There will be so much "warmth" present when your analogue has become digital, that you won't bother to buy that new "Waves SSL" or whatever it is that is supposed to sound analogue. And your Antares Tube will come to eternal rest.

7. You'll notice that the Studioverb from Cakewalk is the least destructive reverb of the bundled Sonar plugins. It has got the clearest, most humble and useful sound.

Have a nice weekend, Attalus. I wish you, and everyone else, the best. My intention was never to offend you. I just curiously asked what you base your audible decisions on. I think that is not forbidden when someone say "this is AWESOME". I want to know in what kind of system it does sound awesome before I even consider to investigate a new product further. Nothing strange about that, is it?

If you found me offensive, it can depend on that I find your statements a bit offensive. If you didn't have that "buy-links" in the beginning of your posts and instead said "hi everyone, have you tried this one and what do you think?" I could take your opinions a bit more seriously.

We both have different philosophies in music and in life,but there's nothing wrong with that, people are suppose to see the world differently and artist are suppose to make music differently, we can agree to disagree, there's nothing wrong with disagreeing long as toes don't get stepped on in the process.Maybe as we read each others threads more we'll understand each other better and thus know how to communicate better with each other. I'm a peace lover and prefer to shake hands and have a beer with you.Lets just sweep all the ugliness under a rug and hope no one looks there....Peace!
attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/18 17:05:22 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Susan G

-Susan

I think many will agree with you, and i do feel IK is making a big mistake by making people pay to demo their product. No one wants to be out $30 if they don't like the product and if they do like the product no one wants to pay a extra $30 for it.
This same reasoning is what kept me from ever demoing URS plugins despite their reputation. I did not want to pay for a ilok knowing i may not like the plugins regardless if others do.
Hardware key purchases keeps people from demoing and if they don't demo they don't know if there missing something or not and probably won't care.So i think in the end this will cut into IK's sales more then anything. Once people know the product is good many won't mind having the ikey after purchase for owners use, but very few wants to buy the ikey before knowing for sure they want the product.
joetabby
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 651
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/18 22:34:39 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: attalus

-Susan

I think many will agree with you, and i do feel IK is making a big mistake by making people pay to demo their product. No one wants to be out $30 if they don't like the product and if they do like the product no one wants to pay a extra $30 for it.
This same reasoning is what kept me from ever demoing URS plugins despite their reputation. I did not want to pay for a ilok knowing i may not like the plugins regardless if others do.
Hardware key purchases keeps people from demoing and if they don't demo they don't know if there missing something or not and probably won't care.So i think in the end this will cut into IK's sales more then anything. Once people know the product is good many won't mind having the ikey after purchase for owners use, but very few wants to buy the ikey before knowing for sure they want the product.

I think the prospects are actually quite a bit worse than that.

Sure many people won't even demo the product (I certainly wouldn't) because of this nonsense, and, yes, that will undermine this particular product -- but that's just the tip of the iceberg. How many people will also turn away from the company itself, thinking that if this is their decision-making, the question isn't if they'll fail, but when? Even if their potential customers don't actually articulate it in this way, I suspect that seed will bear its expected fruit.

Customer-antagonistic tactics that are demurely positioned as necessary for protecting the mothership, are simply misguided. It's sad, especially when the products have merit.

JT
sghoughton
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 15
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/20 13:47:04 (permalink)
So, i downloaded the demo. Can someone help with some settings that would really set this appart? So far i seem to be as pleased with masterverb 5 and the FxReverb (which i'd never even tried before, thanks for mentioning that one).

What would be somethign to look for that would make this shine?

steve
attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/20 14:30:58 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: sghoughton

So, i downloaded the demo. Can someone help with some settings that would really set this appart? So far i seem to be as pleased with masterverb 5 and the FxReverb (which i'd never even tried before, thanks for mentioning that one).

What would be somethign to look for that would make this shine?

steve

I wish i could help you and give you the magic settings, but i've said enough and done enough-the rest is on each individual.One thing that should be undisputable is CSR's flexibility and variety of verbs compared to others, as for the quality of sound, it aint for everyone (no plugin is). It's better then all i've heard and i stand by that, but also i know this is a personal truth, and not a truth for all. All have to be their own light and find whats right for them.After you "THOROUGHLY" demo it with a open mind and no pre-concieved notions and it still does'nt "wow" you- then it's not for you.And whoever comes after you happens to love it then it's the one for them.But best i can do is say try some presets and tweak until your heart is content.After the demo has been out several weeks and i learn the plugin better i may change mind and upload some more files and recommend settings but at this point in time my energies drained for this.
post edited by attalus - 2006/03/20 15:14:58
lavoll
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 447
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/21 07:49:32 (permalink)
no dongle for me. too bad, i've been very happy with previous products from them. But I'm a geek, and i stand by my principles :)
cane creek
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/23 16:22:26 (permalink)
i own Uad-1 Dreamverb plate 140 , powercore Classic verb , Princeston 2016 room verb and Artacoustic reverb....

so would i be wasteing my money buying CSR ?

The dongle doesn't bother me as i use cubase sx and miroslav.
joesofia
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 156
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/23 16:28:18 (permalink)
I have tried in excess of 10 reverbs (Sonitus, Waves, Blueverb...etc) and keep going back to the Lexicon Pantheon. I think it sounds awesome. What makes the CSR better than the Pantheon as I never heard a CSR to compare it with?

Joey
attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/23 16:38:23 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: cane creek

i own Uad-1 Dreamverb plate 140 , powercore Classic verb , Princeston 2016 room verb and Artacoustic reverb....

so would i be wasteing my money buying CSR ?

The dongle doesn't bother me as i use cubase sx and miroslav.

For each individual the answer to your question is different, because some people only need one or zero reverbs and others may need ten or more. I don't know how you make music or do anyone know your taste.But i do know All musicians will not have the same size arsenal nor will they use all the same weapons.I own quite a few reverbs and found CSR to be a must have, and i love to have several high quality reverb options when i make music and sculped individual sounds. Since you have miroslave you should be able to demo CSR for free, if so i don't see any harm in demoing and letting your experience from evaluating it tell you if you need it our not.And another question i'd ask you is are you "TOTALLY" satisfied with the reverbs you have?
post edited by attalus - 2006/03/23 18:16:20
rchristiejr
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1342
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/23 16:46:08 (permalink)
Attalus thanks for your willingness to share this information.
cane creek
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/23 16:46:20 (permalink)
The only reason i havent tried the demo is because i use 2 PC's one for the internet and general missuse , my other PC i only run music Apps on it and i never hook it up to the interent unless i really have too.
from what i understand ill have to hook up my music PC to the interent to download a demo licence to my dongle to run the CSR demo , please correct me if im wrong ?

I dont really want to hook up my music PC to the net just to try a demo.

post edited by cane creek - 2006/03/23 16:53:26
rchristiejr
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1342
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/23 16:47:33 (permalink)
Forgive me but how does the dongle work?
attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/23 16:55:14 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: joesofia

I have tried in excess of 10 reverbs (Sonitus, Waves, Blueverb...etc) and keep going back to the Lexicon Pantheon. I think it sounds awesome. What makes the CSR better than the Pantheon as I never heard a CSR to compare it with?

Joey

If lexicon has totally pleased you there may not be a need for another reverb,for each individual has their own taste and that's a good thing. But i will also add that its also good to keep the ears open to new sounds that may benifit you, meaning there's nothing wrong with occassionally demoing other products or investigating to see what there about.
I personally prefer CSR cause of it's flexibility and many reverb options, it is also smoother,softer and less destructive to the original audio to me then lexicon and many other reverbs,And each of it's reverbs has "CHARACTER". but this is what i feel and you may not feel CSR will benifit you.Lexicon just may be the only verb you need- i don't know.
attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/23 16:57:58 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: rchristiejr

Attalus thanks for your willingness to share this information.

No problem!
joesofia
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 156
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/23 16:59:19 (permalink)
Hey you are right, it does make sense to try everything that is out there.

Joey

If lexicon has totally pleased you there may not be a need for another reverb,for each individual has their own taste and that's a good thing. But i will also add that its also good to keep the ears open to new sounds that may benifit you, meaning there's nothing wrong with occassionally demoing other products or investigating to see what there about.
I personally prefer CSR cause of it's flexibility and many reverb options, it is also smoother,softer and less destructive to the original audio to me then lexicon and many other reverbs,And each of it's reverbs has "CHARACTER". but this is what i feel and you may not feel CSR will benifit you.Lexicon just may be the only verb you need- i don't know.

attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/23 17:09:20 (permalink)

The only reason i havent tried the demo is because i use 2 PC's one for the internet and general missuse , my other PC i only run music Apps on it and i never hook it up to the interent unless i really have too.
from what i understand ill have to hook up my music PC to the interent to download a demo licence to my dongle to run the CSR demo , please correct me if im wrong ?

I don't know how the dongle works for demo's, but i was wondering is it possible to download the info you need on one computer then take it to the other computer where the dongle is? If i recall correctly i gave ik my serial number and digital id and they sent me authorization via email, i don't think it needed activation directly threw internet, but my memory may not be serving me correctly, i'd have to reinstall everything to be for sure.
attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/23 17:16:35 (permalink)

Hey you are right, it does make sense to try everything that is out there.

Joey

I did'nt necessarily mean attempt to try everything on the market, i don't think thats possible, plus it would probably end up being more of a distraction from making music.Thats why i used the word "occassionally" demoing other products.Just saying that now and then it can be good to do, too much of anything can be bad.
cane creek
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/23 17:19:03 (permalink)

I don't know how the dongle works for demo's, but i was wondering is it possible to download the info you need on one computer then take it to the other computer where the dongle is? If i recall correctly i gave ik my serial number and digital id and they sent me authorization via email, i don't think it needed activation directly threw internet, but my memory may not be serving me correctly, i'd have to reinstall everything to be for sure.

im sure i'd have to use the net to download the license onto my dongle ?.

what i usually do is i have ableton live 5 installed on my internet missuse PC i usually demo software on that machine and if i like it i tranfer it to my music PC via a USB device , i have no firewall or anti virus on my music PC its very finely tuned.
attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/23 17:25:07 (permalink)

im sure i'd have to use the net to download the license onto my dongle ?.

what i usually do is i have ableton live 5 installed on my internet missuse PC i usually demo software on that machine and if i like it i tranfer it to my music PC via a USB device , i have no firewall or anti virus on my music PC its very finely tuned.

I will be doing as you in the future, i will have a strictly music computer with no internet, firewall or antivirus or anything running in the background. As time passes i see more the benifits of this.
Page: << < ..67 > Showing page 6 of 7
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1