CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB!

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 7
Author
attalus
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1687
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/10 01:31:29 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: chaz

I personally do not think that any one plugin in-and-of itself is a "be all end all" plugin for for every single mix.

That said..... The Classic Studio Reverb may be a very good reverb, but so is the IR1, RVerb, Plate 140, Oxford, etc. It all depends on how you want to treat things in a mix.

The same goes for EQ, Compression/Limiting, Delay, etc.

Just my opinion.

Your right no plugin will ever be a "be all end all", that's why the first line in the first post of this thread i wrote "Ok you may not throw away all your reverbs once you here this one" meaning it's not going to end all.and i also wrote each of the reverbs i named have their own personality that csr can't duplicate and are beautiful in their own way (suggesting people will still collect them). i've refered to each reverb i used in the shoot out as great (except lexicon pantheon). And made many such comments threw out the thread.Consider the subject name of this thread as an attention grabber, but know most who've been following the thread know i don't mean that. But what i do mean is that to "ME" CSR is better then the reverbs i have and have heard as far as in the box.My stateing it's best is from personal preference (and a personal truth), but i also do believe many will agree once they fully evaluate the product (this part is more of assumption).But i also enjoy a good shoot out so those who state other reverbs are better i try to encourage them to bring them into the shoot out.But thank you for giving me the chance to sum up exactly where i'm comming from on this!
harmony gardens
Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3490
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/10 03:00:13 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: attalus

ORIGINAL: chaz

I personally do not think that any one plugin in-and-of itself is a "be all end all" plugin for for every single mix.

That said..... The Classic Studio Reverb may be a very good reverb, but so is the IR1, RVerb, Plate 140, Oxford, etc. It all depends on how you want to treat things in a mix.

The same goes for EQ, Compression/Limiting, Delay, etc.

Just my opinion.

Your right no plugin will ever be a "be all end all", that's why the first line in the first post of this thread i wrote "Ok you may not throw away all your reverbs once you here this one" meaning it's not going to end all.and i also wrote each of the reverbs i named have their own personality that csr can't duplicate and are beautiful in their own way (suggesting people will still collect them). i've refered to each reverb i used in the shoot out as great (except lexicon pantheon). And made many such comments threw out the thread.Consider the subject name of this thread as an attention grabber, but know most who've been following the thread know i don't mean that. But what i do mean is that to "ME" CSR is better then the reverbs i have and have heard as far as in the box.My stateing it's best is from personal preference (and a personal truth), but i also do believe many will agree once they fully evaluate the product (this part is more of assumption).But i also enjoy a good shoot out so those who state other reverbs are better i try to encourage them to bring them into the shoot out.But thank you for giving me the chance to sum up exactly where i'm comming from on this!

Chaz is always a voice of wisdom on the forum. I think you'd like this one Chaz, now that we have it in proper perspective.

I have to say that I do share Attalus's enthusiasm for these reverbs. They are pretty sweet. I guess I could sum up my thoughts on this reverb as.

1 It's in a league with any of the best reverbs
2 If you are having trouble with your UAD, CSR can be a great substitute for thier reverbs.
3 (Secretly dropping hints that eSoundz can probably save you a few bucks on your purchase.)
4 CSR does have a dongle. (and my argument that UAD is a dongle, too, and that dongles are easier for a technically challenged person to deal with than a UAD card)
5 It would be nice to have a demo
6 I really like CSR.
7 If you break the purchase down to four reverbs at $250, it's $62.50 per unit, which I think is a fabulous deal.

I may not be the formost reverb expert in the forum, but I know what my ears tell me, and I am saying my honest opinion. I generally agree with what Attalus is saying in his posts.
ByronSanto
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 247
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/10 06:56:31 (permalink)
Maybe the approach to take is set as many “like” parameters to the same value or relatively close value. If a parameter exists in one plug-in but not the other then use the default value and note that it is unique to the plug-in. IMO, this will expose the true differences in quality and versatility between the plug-ins.

I take this systemic approach to all of the comparisons that I do. It really allows me to distinguish the differences and sometimes the same similarities in plug-ins.

But just by looking at the parameter listing for CSR I can see that it is an extremely powerful and versatile verb plug-in and that could be where it’s strengths are.
attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/10 10:56:21 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: ByronSanto

Maybe the approach to take is set as many “like” parameters to the same value or relatively close value. If a parameter exists in one plug-in but not the other then use the default value and note that it is unique to the plug-in. IMO, this will expose the true differences in quality and versatility between the plug-ins.

I take this systemic approach to all of the comparisons that I do. It really allows me to distinguish the differences and sometimes the same similarities in plug-ins.

But just by looking at the parameter listing for CSR I can see that it is an extremely powerful and versatile verb plug-in and that could be where it’s strengths are.

Byronsanto,
i will take this approach, but to be quite honest if i do take it another great reverb may sound better (don't know), i know for a fact that if plate 140 had more control (color,dimensional etc) it would leave me completely amazed and my jaw would remain dropped for a long time.CSR will allow you to tailor a verb to your likings starting with any of 4 foundations, and it even has a easy mode for beginners. I say it's way better because of it's versatility then others, for i get what i want in a natural way be it transparent, dark,smooth,not as smooth,rich (not immensley rich, don't know if possible), thin, the right enviroment dimensions with voice setting right in the stereo field, and many other verb shapeing things according to how you adjust it.harmoygardens says its atleast in the same league, i'm quite sure many will share atleast this view and many of them who see's it's versatility will know csr has an edge (this is belief not fact).
But with all that said i will try to copy the same settings for all plugins although it won't be easy to achieve total fairness because i have 4 choices to choose to start with with CSR, and masterverbs early reflection and late reverb effect the sound differently depending on what they are set to initially.But i'll give it a shot! And you can ask harmonygardens to duplicate my results if you wish.
post edited by attalus - 2006/03/10 11:06:52
ByronSanto
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/10 11:27:12 (permalink)

Byronsanto,
i will take this approach, but to be quite honest if i do take it another great reverb may sound better (don't know), i know for a fact that if plate 140 had more control (color,dimensional etc) it would leave me completely amazed and my jaw would remain dropped for a long time.CSR will allow you to tailor a verb to your likings starting with any of 4 foundations, and it even has a easy mode for beginners. I say it's way better because of it's versatility then others, for i get what i want in a natural way be it transparent, dark,smooth,not as smooth,rich (not immensley rich, don't know if possible), thin, the right enviroment dimensions with voice setting right in the stereo field, and many other verb shapeing things according to how you adjust it.harmoygardens says its atleast in the same league, i'm quite sure many will share atleast this view and many of them who see's it's versatility will know csr has an edge (this is belief not fact).
But with all that said i will try to copy the same settings for all plugins although it won't be easy to achieve total fairness because i have 4 choices to choose to start with with CSR, and masterverbs early reflection and late reverb effect the sound differently depending on what they are set to initially.But i'll give it a shot! And you can ask harmonygardens to duplicate my results if you wish.

attalus

Plate 140 does have quite a few "Hidden Parameters" that are not available on the GUI but only available in parameter automation mode.
sergio
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/10 12:06:29 (permalink)
Interesting thread. I was curious - when posting the samples, wouldn't it be better to use a lossless compression format like monkey audio (ape) rather than zipping the files. Not that my ears could tell the difference, but isn't there a loss in zipping and unzipping these files.

btw - i use the free utility dbpoweramp to convert audio formats.

thanks,

sergio
attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/10 12:23:37 (permalink)

Byronsanto,

attalus

Plate 140 does have quite a few "Hidden Parameters" that are not available on the GUI but only available in parameter automation mode.

i'll definitely look into this, for i've only had plate 140 for about two weeks, so i admitt i'm far from an expert on it,but even with little use of parameters CSR sounds better to me (but for the final round i'll have to check the default settings because many of it's features i believe may be being used upon launch giving it an advantage).
attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/10 12:34:22 (permalink)
It's important that those who are interested in CSR know this, earlier in this thread i posted that IK could sell CSR for $500 or more for that's its Birthright, Last night i found out that the price CSR is now at is ONLY a introductory price, it's at 40% discount wich means that the stores that currently sell it for $349 and $319 will raise their prices to about $500, and my $249 connection will raise his price to about $349. So if you are interested in this product it is important that you find out all you can soon.Decisions would be easier to make with a demo plugin available, and IK should have had this.All in all this plugin is worth $500 or more but i'm sure most like myself prefer a good deal!
harmony gardens
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/10 23:08:15 (permalink)
I suppose a person could spend $250 on a Roland Space Echo plug for thier UAD.

http://my.uaudio.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=48

If the two companies had similar pricing structures, IK could get away with charging $1000 for CSR.
attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/10 23:35:31 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: harmony gardens

I suppose a person could spend $250 on a Roland Space Echo plug for thier UAD.

http://my.uaudio.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=48

If the two companies had similar pricing structures, IK could get away with charging $1000 for CSR.

I seen that and i did think it was alot of money, to me the whole roland bundle is over priced. They want $150 for dimension D and theres hardly any functionality, it has a descent sound but next to zero control over it, i decided i'll go with Golden modulator for $58 from kjaerhus, it has alot of control and a dynamite algorithm.Neither will i buy the CE-1 for $99 for the same reason.I understand if others feel those plugs will turn their tracks out and buy, but there not for me, to much money with too little functionality, i feel i can go elsewhere to suit my needs.
harmony gardens
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/11 03:06:27 (permalink)
No doubt. I like to get good deals on stuff,,, lmao. That's why I get so excited over GB's and crossgrades. UAD has no crossgrade program to speak of. They will knock off $100 if you buy the whole Roland group, but that is $400, which is the MSR price of CSR. Kind of knocks the wind out of anyone thinking that CSR is overpriced, for sure.

UAD has specials for second cards, and if you have the plug they are offering, they don't give you a choice of something else. I never understood that.

sorry, enough of my UAD rants.

IK has a problem announcing products too far in advance of thier release, but at least they offer thier customers some pretty tempting crossgrade prices.

post edited by harmony gardens - 2006/03/11 03:13:35
pattor
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 194
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/11 05:08:33 (permalink)
It is better to fool around with delays in the 10-30 ms area. Doing so will most often make the user more aware of that the reverb is extremely hard to use in a mix without making things sound:

1. Muddy.
2. Studio.
3. Produced with reverb.
4. Modern budget PC-music.

Even if the reverb sound "silky smooth" or whatever, it is very important to sit back and listen and ask oneself "Do I really want this and that to have the obvious reverb-sound?".

Or:

"Do I, in conjuction with 100.000.000 other music producers really want to use a reverb to create a feeling of space that the listener, in the end, will just relate to as an use of reverb?"

jayhill
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 578
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/11 14:00:30 (permalink)
It is better to fool around with delays in the 10-30 ms area.

The bring problem here Pattor is you are not talking about Reverb. You are defining only Early Reflections which have an entire different effect and use than Reverb (which includes BOTH early and late reflections > 50ms.)

I, myself, beleive that Reverb is vital and not just the Early Reflections by itself or, as you put it, "delays in the 10-30ms area".

I would be interested to hear your music as my guess is it does not contain much "depth" and probably sounds very shallow.
pattor
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/11 14:46:34 (permalink)
Hello jayhill.

Yes, lately I have really preferred shallow sounding music. In fact, I've found much joy listening to many other artists shallow sounding recordings instead of hearing sounds that obviously have gone thorugh an artificial reverbant algorithm of some kind.

If people want depth, and they record their music with microphones, I believe it is a very good idea to put the microphone furher away from the source and hit record. And after this use only delays in order to grab the early reflections in order to amplify the natural reverb that is embedded within the recorded signal.

This workaround can cause huge amounts of the depth that you think music is missing by not applying artificial reverbants. You imply that NOT using artificial reverbs will make music shallow and that is a tiny bit wrong.

I am in love with the early reflections and many people do not know the strength in the early reflections and just ear-stare on the reverbant decay when they say..."cool". And this is somewhat sad.

Still - if people HAVE to record every miked sound in an air-sealed and totally dead booths I can understand the virtual need for artificial spaces. And therefore there will always be loads of cash spent on the "best reverb ever". And after a few new months there will come to daylight something new that kick the old reverbs balls and there will be new cash spent on that and this will continue forever and ever.
post edited by pattor - 2006/03/11 15:01:33
attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/11 18:26:42 (permalink)

What you are asking for is nearly impossible to achieve,when i turn off all the parameters in CSR that plate 140 does'nt have then there is pretty much no reverb, many of CSR's parameters are different but also fundamental in producing its basic reverb. Theres no problem with plate 140 because it's reverb comes already mixed with no need for balancing parameters you can just adjust the mix level and reverb is ready for use.And you don't need it's eq section.CSR has factory mixed default settings that if you turn off, you'll leave the verb greatly effected to the point it is'nt much of a reverb.

MY SOLUTION:
I made two effected song files from CSR room and two from CSR hall, one of their files have all parameters turned off so that you can hear CSR'S distinguishing basic character, theirs not much reverberation but still you can hear CSR'S difference.I did however adjust input gain to thicken things out some to make sure you hear CSR's core character and i adjust room size for more pleasurable listening.
The second file of both CSR Room and CSR hall i used the factory default settings and made no adjustments period, i just loaded the effect and exported the file so you can get a good idea of how CSR sounds upon launch with no adjustments made.

With plate 140 i made no adjustments, i launched it on the track and exported the file, so plate 140's reverb is on the file good and pretty heavy.
I placed in their own separate bonus folder the files processed with CSR when i turned all parameters off to where its barely a reverb,so you can hear basic character. it is important that you listen to them as well.

I'll post the download link in a little bit.

post edited by attalus - 2006/03/11 19:04:25
attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/11 19:45:02 (permalink)
This is a very special round of the competition, for not only are the reverbs on heavy but there are several files done with CSR to give a good idea of two of its reverb units basic character.some of the files are in heavy amounts so that you can hear each reverb very nicely, but also know that CSR's versatility can add to its character when using its depth advantage so the files used here don't even fully represent CSR's sound, plus there are two other plugins to CSR that where not used, but however the room verb of CSR sounds better then plate 140 to me at launch with no parameter adjustments (but thats personal opinion). Because plate 140 has few parameters to turn off or avoide useing this round is geared to it's advantage, but like i said i still prefer CSR sound.

MY SOLUTION:
I made two effected song files from CSR room and two from CSR hall, one of their files have all parameters turned off so that you can hear CSR's distinguishing basic character, theirs not much reverberation but still you can hear CSR's difference.I did however adjust input gain to thicken things out some to make sure you hear CSR's core character and i adjust room size for more pleasurable listening.
The second file of both CSR Room and CSR hall i used the factory default settings and made no adjustments period, i just loaded the effect and exported the file so you can get a good idea of how CSR sounds upon launch with no adjustments made and in a heavy amount.
With plate 140 i made no adjustments, i launched it on the track and exported the file, so plate 140's reverb is on the file good and pretty heavy.
I placed in their own separate bonus folder the files processed with CSR when i turned all parameters off to where its barely a reverb,so you can hear basic character. it is important that you listen to them as well.

DOWNLOAD LINK OF FINAL ROUND: http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1WHPEG8ZA61BH0ABQ2QG1OI7N9
post edited by attalus - 2006/03/11 19:52:08
jsaras
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2642
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/12 17:27:53 (permalink)
Call me crazy, but I can get Cakewalk's FXReberb to sound extremely close to the CSR samples you've posted. Try these settings out:

"Be all reverb" indeed :-)

http://www.audiorecordingandservices.com ("one minute free" mastering)

http://tinyurl.com/3n6kj (free Sonar mixing template and Ozone mastering preset)
attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/12 18:32:21 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: jsaras

Call me crazy, but I can get Cakewalk's FXReberb to sound extremely close to the CSR samples you've posted. Try these settings out:

"Be all reverb" indeed :-)

I've tried your settings and they sound close but when i listen for awhile i realize there's no cigar. Two characteristics i can point out is that CSR sounds a bit more open and less boxed in then cakewalk reverb and the second is that CSR is a bit more lighter sounding, cakewalk fx is more heavier on the audio (i hope you understand what i mean by that for sound is'nt easy to describe).So yes the settings sound similar to CSR hall (not room) but no cigar.
Also know that the last files i posted where not ment to show CSR at its best, for i did no tuning, so actualy i showed it at its worst in comparison to plate 140 at its worst. To show CSR at its best i'm suddenly realizing i'd have to post over a thousand different files, to show it's versatility and ability to put almost any high end characteristic in your reverb that you want, aswell as natural color changeing ability.Also i'm sure you know that high end is'nt always a big difference, sometimes high end stuff is just a tad bit smoother or richer or cleaner etc, but that little difference is the world at times.
Because i can't fully show CSR's versatility and beauty in sound i'm realizing that some who need alot of proof will have to wait on a demo.I'm at a listening advantage because i toy with this thing quite often threw out the day, and hear much of what it is capable of. But i assure you in the end there is no comparison between cakewalk reverbs and CSR. But you make a good point wich is a person has to be a good tweaker aswell (atleast this is what i think you where alluding to), and from what i heard you do with sonitus compressor and other things i'm sure a good tweaker you are. although great sound from poor or average quality gear is tuff, good tweaking ability will take you far.
post edited by attalus - 2006/03/12 18:51:35
Bill OConnell
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 760
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/12 19:41:14 (permalink)

Syncrosoft allows multiple licences to reside on a single dongle.

BUT (and this IS a big one), dongles can and *DO* fail. I (very recently) had a client who was in session with a very famous guitar player... and they had to postpone that session (and others) due to the Syncrosoft key completely losing a license.
The dongle still shows up as a protection device... but you can't transfer a licence to/from it. We had no means of recovering the licence!! It's gone to Never Never Land...
Tech support was absolutely useless... saying that the dongle was fine (simply because it showed up)... and treated us/me nearly like theives. As far as they were concerned, the licence didn't exist.
IMO, That's 100% pure BS.
Ironic that a true theif wouldn't have to deal with the hassle at all.
Long story short, I'll never recommend/use that product again.

It's good to know that this company treats everyone the same--big name or small.

You'd think they would have bent over backwards to help this artist--geez, even with an eye toward getting an *endorsement*.

[Edited for a "kinder, gentler" post]
post edited by Bill OConnell - 2006/03/12 20:27:39

Bill OConnell
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 760
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/12 19:57:14 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: harmony gardens

I think anyone who would recommend a UAD, and trash dongles is being a little disingenuous. (not that I've seen that in this thread)

My two cents.

Couldn't agree more. I trash dongles, but would only recommend a Powercore.

pdarg
Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2265
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/12 21:17:57 (permalink)
FWIW:

I have been away for several days, and just listened to the second set of sound samples.

Each reverb highlighted has its own characteristics, but I don't see the CSR as "be all end all." In fact, to my ears it sounds alot like the Anwida Reverb 2.0 plug (which is natural, but not Lexicon hardware quality).

Thanks for the samples, but at this point it does not blow me away, which is what it would have to do if I were to consider tolerating the dongle and buying it.
pattor
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/13 02:32:47 (permalink)
There are clips on their homepage with examples of what this verb does. I don't know, but those clips makes me laugh. Especially the guitar that is very nice from the start without reverb...and then...reverb...and........whooopsie whoopsie bye bye here we go digital.

Well, it's mp3, but anyway - the demonstration clips are really not "cool" at all. They all sound kind of silly and very well show that the source material is losing its defenition a bit too much. If NI were a little smarter they wouldn't smack so much wet signal into their demo clips.

"Be all end all"...

jsaras post about the cakewalk studioverb should really be an EAR-opener here.

Qwerty69
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1435
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/13 02:55:21 (permalink)

I've tried your settings and they sound close but when i listen for awhile i realize there's no cigar.

Damn dude - I know you are excited about a new tool that is making a quantifiable difference to your sound, but you are starting to sound like an ad -- particularly when earlier through this thread you make reference to "my $249 connection".

Do you have any financial benefit, direct or indirect, from the promotion of this software?

If not, I apologise for my rudeness and thank you greatly for sharing with us your honest experience. If so, then I think your ethics are questionable.

Regards,

Q.
post edited by Qwerty69 - 2006/03/13 03:01:41
attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/13 11:36:45 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Qwerty69

I've tried your settings and they sound close but when i listen for awhile i realize there's no cigar.

Damn dude - I know you are excited about a new tool that is making a quantifiable difference to your sound, but you are starting to sound like an ad -- particularly when earlier through this thread you make reference to "my $249 connection".

Do you have any financial benefit, direct or indirect, from the promotion of this software?

If not, I apologise for my rudeness and thank you greatly for sharing with us your honest experience. If so, then I think your ethics are questionable.

Regards,

Q.

If you have been reading my posts long before classik studio reverb, you'd know that i have alway's recommended good plugins at good prices, i just posted a couple days ago a sale on wave arts plugins. I wish there was a benifit for me money wise but there is not, i do however like to share whatever info i have that can help someone else get a great bargain for a great price, and i like to support developers out here who offer great products at great prices.
Also keep in mind that the quote you made of me was in response to someone elses post (like many others i made).And the reason i bring up my connection for $249 (or less) is because if others get interested in the product the $249 is the lowest that i know of that it can be purchased for, so i'm sure they'd want that info.
But because of the way i write quite often, your question is a legitamit one, because i do sound like a ad at times.But unfortunately i get no money or discounts or free products from developers, nor is there any deal with my store connection.I just like musicians to add good products to their arsenal and help them to avoide bad ones (like we all have bought at times and regreted later).
Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4951
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/13 20:10:15 (permalink)
i was very excited to buy this reverb until it came with a Synchrosoft dongle ... and i've heard horror
stories about Synchrosoft and iLoks playing nice togther .. and Synchosoft requires a fixed port (won't
work off a hub) ... so .. IK was kind enough to cancel my order and refund the money.

too bad .. i might have enjoyed it.

jeff
ByronSanto
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/14 08:29:59 (permalink)
Hi attalus

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to make the CSR demos. The demos didn't sell me 100% but I could tell that the CSR verbs are exceptional quality and with the additional parameters over other verbs could possible achieve quite unique sound verbs. I will probably end up getting the CSR in a month or so. There's a few more plug-ins that I want to get before CSR like the PSP Effects Bundle and the Elemental Audio Systems Eqium/Neodynium Bundle.

Thanks again!
mlockett
Max Output Level: -54.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2099
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/14 12:10:23 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: jmarkham
.. and Synchosoft requires a fixed port (won't
work off a hub) ... so ..

I have the Synchosoft with the IK Philharmonik.... strangely, it works better for mo off the hub than it did in the back of my computer (for some reason, in the back of my computer, I often had to remove it, then reinsert to get the system to recognize it).
JoePaz
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/14 17:02:13 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: jmarkham

... and i've heard horror
stories about Synchrosoft and iLoks playing nice togther ..

I have Synchrosoft iKey (Philharmonik, CSR), iLok (PT7 MP + RTAS plugs), and Codemeter (Samplitude) dongles hanging off my PC 24/7, and never had a single problem.

JP
Qwerty69
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1435
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/14 17:03:36 (permalink)

I just like musicians to add good products to their arsenal and help them to avoide bad ones (like we all have bought at times and regreted later).

...and for that I thank you - particularly for going above and beyond with demos.

Cheers!

Q.
attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/14 20:09:14 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: pdarg

FWIW:

I have been away for several days, and just listened to the second set of sound samples.

Each reverb highlighted has its own characteristics, but I don't see the CSR as "be all end all." In fact, to my ears it sounds alot like the Anwida Reverb 2.0 plug (which is natural, but not Lexicon hardware quality).

Thanks for the samples, but at this point it does not blow me away, which is what it would have to do if I were to consider tolerating the dongle and buying it.

I went back and listened to the second round files and realized i could've done a better job for it was too dark sounding in a not so good way, And was not a good representation of CSR.The third round i did no parameter adjustment and therefore i expected it not to be a good representation.I think the first round might have been the best i did of the three.But in the end nothing will quite work like an actual demo plugin, wich ik will come with soon, I just hope their demo don't have huge restrictions.
I will post a few more samples better than i just posted in the future, i'll wait a couple weeks so i can learn the plugin better aswell as clear my schedual some. I'll only post one more round of CSR effected files only- and only if IK does'nt have the demo released in a couple weeks. I'm positive they'll be better! I think the actual demo plugin will ultimately do the best job at showing CSR's great sound quality and versatility, for even IK did not release the best sample files to listen too.
But as far as anwida's dx reverb, i've demo'd it many times and have the light version of it, to me (like i've said all threw this thread) CSR is by far better, in sound quality and parameter control wich leads to more musicality and even better sound quality.But ultimately CSR is a story only time will tell. And time will tell it better then i and IK! Just don't be quick to render your final judgement! I'm outty!
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 7
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1