Could someone produce my song?

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
MattMVS7
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 25
2012/11/15 07:12:18 (permalink)

Could someone produce my song?

EDIT:  This Zelda song I've made is so catchy and powerful and fits Zelda perfectly that I feel it's literally "up for grabs" (something that seems it would be so obviously used in a future Zelda game).  I feel that Koji Kondo (the maker of the Zelda music) has this same exact Zelda song created in his head or that he will create it in his head and use it for a future Zelda game.  In the unlikely event that my song gets "stolen" by Koji Kondo, this post here and this edit notice will be proof that this Zelda song was mine to begin with.  The edit notice below this post only shows when this post was last edited, so if my song were to be made by him, there would be no way I could recently edit this post with this information I am posting now into tricking you that I was the one who made it, without that edit notice below being updated to the recent date. 

Now I will also have to post a worded version of my song (in case for some unknown reason, the audio version of it doesn't get through and sounds nothing like it to you).  The song starts with a calm epic action women choir singing "acolly mustaveel colly jolly jolly ener..."  After which, the uplifting calm happy heroic tune plays which goes "do do-do-do do-do doooooooooooo      do do-do-do do-do dooooooooooooooo," the 1st half of the tune ascends and the 2nd half descends.  Then the action starts with the women choir singing intense "ACOLLY JOLLY MUSTAVEEL COLLY JOLLY JOLLY ENERGY FININ' ANUDDER PWACE IWOOOOOOOOD COLLY JOLLY JOLLY ENERGY."  Then the next part of the intense action sings "ACOLLY MUST ACOLLY JUST ACOLLY JOLLY JOLLY ENERGY," and so on from there.  Again, these are words in another language and only sound like the words I am describing (those are not the actual words).  The instrumental of the 1st part of the action would go "duh DO DO DO-DO-DO DO DO DO DO-DO-DO DODODODODOOODOOODOOOOOOOOOO DO DO DO DO-DO-DOO," the other action part would go "do-do DOO do-do DOO DO DO DO DO-DO-DOO."

If somehow Koji Kondo has this same exact song that I have in my head and creates it for a new Zelda game, I will have proof that I have made it.  I will then show this proof to many Zelda fans and be known as a Zelda prophet and having practically the same mind as Koji Kondo when creating Zelda music.

If, for some reason, Youtube gets taken down, I will have Soundcloud, Dailymotion, and Metacafe as backup proof below.

A New Zelda Twilight Princess Main Theme I made:

post edited by MattMVS7 - 2013/07/15 19:36:28

61 Replies Related Threads

tbosco
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 903
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/15 07:16:24 (permalink)
    I think your request is above my paygrade.  Sorry.  Good luck!

Cheers!

Tony

SONAR Platinum
    JNCS Computer with Asus X99 Motherboard (i7)
    Win10 Pro 64bit, 32GB RAM
    Motif XF7, Komplete 11, Ozone 7, 
    Komplete Kontrol 88 keys,
    Softube Console 1,
    PreSonus Faderport 8,
    Focusrite ISA 430 Mk 2 Mic Pre,
    Yamaha HS8s and Sub
    Drawmer 3.1 Monitor Controller
    Fractal Axe FX 2 XL Guitar Processor
    Lots-o-Guitars
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/15 07:36:07 (permalink)
    Man.... how do you translate that into a song?   I have no idea. It sounds to me like an exercise in total frustration for someone other than you to try to produce that song that you hear in your head. 

Matt..... do you have any of the Cakewalk software products? 

If not.... I would suggest buying one of them and set up a small studio if you really want to compose music. 

Just about any of the Cake DAW's give you ALL the tools, loops and samples that you would need to create that for yourself. 

We are here to help you understand the tools but I don't think you will get any takers on this project since it is simply not very well defined.  When you can not even tell us that you want a flute or a trombone or a penny whistle in it.... how are we to guess correctly what you want?
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2012/11/15 07:37:12

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    MattMVS7
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/15 08:43:04 (permalink)
    A New Zelda Twilight Princess Main Theme I made:

The New Zelda Enemy Battle Song I made:

post edited by MattMVS7 - 2013/07/15 19:24:27
    jamesg1213
    • Total Posts : 21760
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/15 08:56:24 (permalink)
    I think it's perfect as it is.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    groveendroad
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 809
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/15 10:13:32 (permalink)
    It's cool that you have things going on in your head that you want to get out. just keep on going forward with it, and learn something new every day.

Cheers
    foxwolfen
    • Total Posts : 8256
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/15 23:51:46 (permalink)
    LOL - I am sorry, but all I could see in my head when I heard this was Homer Simpson. That being said, I think I know where you want to go, and have an idea of what you are thinking musically. I actually think it would be a kick to see what could be come up with. Its certainly a new way to tackle a project. What did you have in mind instrumentally? I am a keyboardist first, so I would use piano or synths.

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    BenMMusTech
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2606
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/16 00:39:29 (permalink)
    I think this guy is having a lend of us!!! I hope he isn't but I really think he is.  I don't even think the melodies are in the same key, also it seems there are rhythm sections mixed in with the melodies.  Look sorry to be harsh but some of us have been doing this for a very long time and even the ones who haven't have put the effort in to learning their craft, so sorry matt you will have to do the same.

Ben

Benjamin Phillips-Bachelor of Creative Technology (Sound and Audio Production), (Hons) Sonic Arts, MMusTech (Master of Music Technology), M.Phil (Fine Art)
    http://1331.space/
    https://thedigitalartist.bandcamp.com/
    http://soundcloud.com/aaudiomystiks
    chuckebaby
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/16 00:53:16 (permalink)
    if you are totaly serious about this and not just pulling our leg.
    then there are alot of people that will take this job on.
    but be ready to pay for it.

i listened to to both tracks.
    its disgusting.
    if you cant play this on some type of instrument then you have no buisiness asking anyone to build you a " song "
    UNLESS...your willing to fork over some cash and have a good producer create this song.

noone is going to take mouth noises and make them into a song for you for free.
    unless they have some type of humming fetish.

dont insult serious musicians with such bizzare requests man.
    offer up some money to a good producer to complete your project.

but for god sake dont ask for charity in the form of musical production.

if you are serious about this,do the right thing and find a producer.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

foxwolfen
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/16 01:25:29 (permalink)
    Noone? Is that a word? (It is "no one", by the way, two words). As it stands I had already offered to take a bite out of it.. soooo (edited to remove angry response).
    post edited by foxwolfen - 2012/11/16 03:13:07

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    MattMVS7
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/16 03:41:50 (permalink)
    I am truly sorry to have caused such disappointment, I had no idea people would perceive it this way.  One person thought it sounded like Homer Simpson and was disgusting--and that's not what it is at all.  I've included the sung version of the choir (what resembles the words in my mind in some other language that sound like "cholly jolly energy" but are not the actual words) right here:

http://soundcloud.com/mat...w-zelda-opening-song-1

But I'm not sure if this even matters at this point.

This was not meant to be a disgrace to musicians.  This is not intended as a joke and I am very serious.  This was coming from someone who has a deep emotional bond with music and produces unique and powerful music in his head.  I posted this song of mine for people to feel free and actually produce it if they wish to.  I truly did expect everyone else to actually perceive the actual song that's in my mind and what it feels to me.  Again, I apologize.

post edited by MattMVS7 - 2012/11/16 04:53:15
    Rus W
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 541
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/16 11:07:24 (permalink)
    Granted, I haven't heard this song, yet, but I will say that judging from the above posts, I'm afraid I might end up agreeing. However, I do believe what appears to be the crux of your problem ...

You need to work on the composition/arrangement. Yes, I sound like a hypocrite because I do things this way, too; however, I'm one of those persons who puts everything on the table and then I start taking things off.

So, this is what I suggest:

Treat writing a song like yo would a book/essay, etc.) Just throw down every idea you can think of, then start trimming. The same thing goes with arranging.

Composition = what plays what - Arrangement of Composition = what plays what and when (there is much more to both elements, but these are the main factors.)

This song (Composition) will have 20 tracks. Its arrangement: 10 of them will play at the beginning, the other 10 will play in the middle. All 20 will play at the end. (That's an example).

Work on this part first before you start to mix/produce either by yourself or someone else does it. How will they know what to do if you don't? It's okay, to not know what to do and ask questions on how to mold or shape it, but you need an idea.

I can't (I can, but he and I know better) give GuitarHacker a huge pile of sand and tell him to build Disneyland's castle as he'll have no idea what it looks like (I know he does) and most certainly if I have no idea what it looks like (and I do) I don't know what it'll turn into, but odds are it'll be that same pile of sand as he'll probably say: "Are you freaking kidding me?!" (Even if I tell him to build that particular castle).

Yet, this could happen: He could start to build something and it partly looks like it or maybe he partially builds something else and I view it and go with his idea instead as my initial idea was quite lofty anyway. He'll probably gladly continue until the project is done or he'll collaborate with other - or even me and it'll end up totally different, but something I'm probably more satisfied with then I initially thought.

Therefore, what you need to iron out is, the composition, arrangement and worry about production later; however, there's nothing wrong with experiment in this area. Ultimately, figure out the initial idea and if it changes, so be it. Music adapts, so, too, should the composer/arranger doing such.

Again, it's fine if you don't know what you - I should say - what the music wants/needs want, but if you not willing to figure it out or listen when tells you. Music isn't stubborn - only if the people who creating it are.

Edit: I don't think the above posts meant to be or in fact, are, harmful as I've gotten critiques that I didn't like and took hard initially, but if you step back a bit. I did just that and to me, my pieces are better for it. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism.

Not picking on Ben, but he's very blunt with what he says, doesn't mean it's not helpful. The other thing to is, I hope you didn't come thinking that most if everyone would like it. (Not everybody likes a well-polished piece - in all areas). 

It wouldn't surprise me if you went back (after awhile) and go: "These guys were right! What the hell was I doing/thinking?" This question isn't one of disappointment moreso than it is seeing/hearing what you want to see/hear vs. what you actually see/hear. (This is displayed beyond belief when mixing/producing - ie: Falling in love with the initial mix). 

Composition and/or the arrangement of it isn't excluded either, but this is where trimming things down comes in which can be done very easily.

So, again, gather ideas, organizing them into something cohesive and coherrent (sp?); then do the production stuff later. What, when, then how (and perhaps why).

Don't build the castle before you purchase the sand. (Cart, before horse, you know?) 

iBM (Color of Music) MCS (Digital Orchestration)  

"The Amateur works until he (or she) gets it right. The professional works until he (or she) can't get it wrong." - Julie Andrews

Beepster
    • Total Posts : 18001
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/16 11:29:58 (permalink)
    MattMVS7
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/16 11:36:16 (permalink)
    Thank you, Rus W, your response is very helpful.  But it's really strange how I can hear the action and that other happy-like tune play together perfectly in my head (both in how they go together in technical terms as well as feel).  It's just that I sung the song with flaws which makes everything completely off.
    foxwolfen
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/16 12:19:58 (permalink)
    Matt, you do not need to defend yourself. There are one or two arses who think they are gods gift to music and this forum, but when you hear their crap, its... well crap... so where some of these bozos are coming from is beyond me. You have a vision you want realized. There is nothing wrong with that. You came and asked for help, and instead you got arrogance and ego, which is so very wrong. If Chuckbaby was all that good... well he would not be *here*. I would not pay him to wipe my arse. As I said, I am willing to help if I can, but I have no illusions about my crap.

Composers Forum
    Rus W
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/16 14:13:18 (permalink)
    MattMVS7

Thank you, Rus W, your response is very helpful.  But it's really strange how I can hear the action and that other happy-like tune play together perfectly in my head (both in how they go together in technical terms as well as feel).  It's just that I sung the song with flaws which makes everything completely off.

This is probably the composer's biggest problem. It's slightly easier for the arranger as s/he has something to look at/hear (the tune) and sculpt over, underneath and around it; yet the same process occurs to solve a similar problem; however, as the post above me states, seems as though you're being too hard on yourself and I think this was before you read the "not-so-nice" comments.

Here's the reason: You're forcing it! Like I said earlier, music isn't some mule you can just kick around or a dog you should kick or keep kicking when he's down. Take a break here and there, so your ears and mind are refreshed and open as this will help you work better.

I hear things all the time and the changes, too and why worry about flaws? Without them, you needn't sculpt and shape and that part should be fun. While the end result is desirable, that should be the only thing. I admire your focus and grit, but don't try so hard.

Pardon the expression, but "Don't rush perfection!" It takes years to cultivate a craft or if you have it already develop it further. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Now, you mentioned that when you sung the song, things were off. What things? Could it be that you were off and didn't realize? Also, what do you mean by off? Timing/Rhythm/Sounds? which leads to composition again.

Most don't like rigid rhythms (and this okay); however, rhythm wise, they certainly frown upon a chaotic sequence, Whether or not you are able to explain to me what is off, it's good that you know something is, but realize that when listening to music, sometimes it's off-its-rocker and there's nothing wrong with that.

Also I would advise re-working the composition/arrangement in tiny fragments. Like a musician practicing a song - play it in fragments. Scan those fragments to find what it is you don't like more importantly, what it is you do even if it's not what you initially hear. There's only one Amadeus Wolfgang Mozart - the rest of us can only attempt to emulate him (ie: pull full songs out of our heads), but unsuccessfully do so.

Music is bound by its creator (no pun intended), but it, too, has its own identity. Don't lose sight of this.

To paraphrase Costner from Field of Dreams: "If you're patient, it'll happen!" or if you prefer the clichè: "Good things come to those who wait!"

Patience is a virtue despite being a very easy thing to lose.

"The Amateur works until he (or she) gets it right. The professional works until he (or she) can't get it wrong." - Julie Andrews

chuckebaby
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/16 14:22:40 (permalink)
    foxwolfen

Matt, you do not need to defend yourself. There are one or two arses who think they are gods gift to music and this forum, but when you hear their crap, its... well crap... so where some of these bozos are coming from is beyond me. You have a vision you want realized. There is nothing wrong with that. You came and asked for help, and instead you got arrogance and ego, which is so very wrong. If Chuckbaby was all that good... well he would not be *here*. I would not pay him to wipe my arse. As I said, I am willing to help if I can, but I have no illusions about my crap.
    (clap hands slowly) yaaaay !!!!

youve really stepped up in the world ?
    i should have listened to everyone in the coffee house,back when i was sticking up for you saying i thought you were a pretty decent person.
    the way you talked about this place needing a change...the way people were talking to eachother..stabing eachother in the back..

well,well,well.
    looks like you were wearing a mask the whole time hu?
    im an Arse ? ..picking out my spelling mistakes?
    thats bottom of the barrel low. and nothing what you were preeching before ?

i wont even waste my time insulting you.
    i thought this thread was a joke.

why dont you ask him what he used to record those tracks with ?
    was this a copy of X2 ?
    that wasnt even mentioned.

this is what offens me,someone not talking the correct steps to learn about the trade.
    but instead someone saying,give me....give me..can someone do my song.
    i didnt even see a please in there.

but what offens me more,is actualy stuck up for you thinking you were someone you were not.
    someone you made me believe was defensless and being picked on by the others because you were taking a stand to be the better person.

Take not:
    i didnt Call him any names.
    but you,you had no problem even calling me out using my name,folled by insults.

by the way,my links to my songs are in my sigs,if you think thats crap ?
    im not sure if your the person who should be giving advise,because im not saying im gods gift to music.
    but those seem to be complete songs mixed and mastered by an average engineer.  

post edited by chuckebaby - 2012/11/16 14:25:12

Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB

chuckebaby
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/16 14:26:47 (permalink)
    Matt im curious,did you record these samples with sonar ?
    and if so,what version ?

foxwolfen
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/16 17:38:49 (permalink)
    Chuck, who cares? Maybe the guy likes what he heard here and that's why he asked. It is a simple request, and he does not deserve to be treated in the manner you are treating him. Where do you get off telling somebody who asked for help that his attempts to show us what he envisioned was "disgusting". I thank you for any defence you may have given me in the past, but if that is the kind of person you are, then I will thank you to not in the future. This is not some snobby ego ridden private club full of professional engineers, its a song forum full of laymen and amateurs. The guys attempt to record his thoughts does not disgust me; your reaction to it does.

Composers Forum
    agape
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 98
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/16 17:42:52 (permalink)
    Matt- Be prepared to pay if you want to hear this done right. I have worked with people that do not play an instrument and it is the hardest thing in the world to do. There is a real language barrier and for me to work in that situation would take a ton of money just to even get me interested. It can be done but to get good results then like others have said you need to offer someone some real cash for it.

Again as others have said, learn to play an instrument and learn the craft. That is the right way to do things in most people's eyes. There will be a few that disagree but it is the most rewarding way as well as the right way.

Good luck.

SOFTWARE- Sonar 8.5, EWQL SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA, EWQL SYMPHONIC CHOIRS, GYPSY, STORM DRUM 2, MINISTRY OF ROCK, VOICES OF PASSION, GOLIATH, THE DARK SIDE, RA, HOLLYWOOD STRINGS, HOLLYWOOD BRASS, QL SPACES, HOLLYWOODWINDS, DEEP PERCUSSION BEDS, ARPEGGIO, EZ DRUMMER, Vivace, HIPP, Orchestral String Runs 2, Evolution Acoustic Guitar, EWQL Solo Violin, EZDrummer, EZKeys, Cineorch
    BenMMusTech
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2606
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/16 18:23:32 (permalink)
    foxwolfen

Hey Shad, I hope you wern't refering to me.  I listened to the first link and whilst I could sit down and try and work this out, the resulting track would probably sound nothing like what Matt wanted.  Matt does not have the musical or technical lexicon to properly explain what he is trying to achieve.  So any attempt a producer would make on this track would be their interpretation and little of the original idea would remain.  This was because there is no structre, no time signature, no speed, no anything really just a jumble of melodies and rythems.  Matt if he is genuine and I'm sorry but I still have a hard time believing that he is, needs to start learning his craft.  One thing he could do if he is genuine and someone is willing to help him is tell us what his favorite music is this might make it easier for us to interpret the links he has posted.

Peace Ben

Benjamin Phillips-Bachelor of Creative Technology (Sound and Audio Production), (Hons) Sonic Arts, MMusTech (Master of Music Technology), M.Phil (Fine Art)
    http://1331.space/
    https://thedigitalartist.bandcamp.com/
    http://soundcloud.com/aaudiomystiks
    foxwolfen
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/16 21:47:23 (permalink)
    No Ben. I was not referring to you. You may be eccentric, but I have not seen any snobbery in you. Maybe the way he can start to learn the craft is exactly what he asked. And with some guidance, he might be able to achieve his goal. I am not saying it will be easy, but others telling him he is disgusting... and that he needs to pay... sickening. Just sickening.

Composers Forum
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/16 22:43:15 (permalink)
    I've gone back several times to listen and still can not grasp any sort of melody or song concept from this. 

However, I do believe you hear a song in your head. You will need one of several things to get this into a song format in a DAW.

1. Find a very patient and borderline clairvoyant person to work with.

2. You will need to learn a bit about music to explain your ideas better.

3. You will need to get one of the cake products to start learning how to use drum loops and such things to get the idea out of your head and into the DAW.

4. It would really, really help if you played some sort of instrument so you could use it to get the ideas across.  

5 buy Band in a Box or Song Smith..... SS is much cheaper..... it does all the work for you.    

Paul McCartney wrote Yesterday as a melody and chords first.... he sang (according to what I heard) the words " Ham and Eggs" to fill the space until he wrote the lyrics..... 

I met and know a songwriter with some #1 hits who does not sing nor does he play an instrument. Yet he has written over 10 top hits some of which hit #1 on the charts.  He says he's not a singer BUT..... he can carry a rough melody. So when he goes to hire the musicians to record the song, he's able to sing the parts well enough to get his ideas across. 

I recommend that you take the time to gel your ideas a bit better, to the point where you can sing a recognizable melody. The co-writer on a bunch of my songs can not sing her way out of a wet paper sack, but she can get her ideas across..... all it takes is the will to do it. 

post edited by Guitarhacker - 2012/11/16 22:45:12

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    The Band19
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2795
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/16 23:06:42 (permalink)
    I can only add that music is the language of the soul. It speaks from us in ways we can't control. It speaks of love and loss and things we never knew. Music describes the things we did and did not do? It's something unpredictable but in the end there's life? I hope you had the time of your life...

There are cave paintings in France,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lascaux

"These paintings are estimated to be 17,300 years old." Go back 30,000 years and there was another species of human? (Neanderthal) Think about it, the Pyramids are what? 4500 years ago? Give or take? They are standing, but crumbling... We go back much farther?

They had music? They did not have "farming..." They were hunter gatherers?  Music touches us in ways which other things cannot... I've written music? I hope it lives on beyond me, as the paintings in Lascaux.

Music can be described, yet has intangible qualities... You can describe a tree to someone who has never seen one, but how would you describe music to someone who has never heard it? I'm not sure you could...

Music can make you happy, sad, nostalgic, patriotic? It can evoke a wide range of emotion unlike almost anything else. As artists, we are very special people, very special indeed... Ancient, and yet, at the same time? New. What we do is magical... I have said this many times before, and I say it now? And I will say it again, "what we do is magical." You should all be very proud of your gifts and abilities regardless of what they are, we are all very special.
    post edited by The Band19 - 2012/11/16 23:22:12

Sittin downtown in a railway station one toke over the line.
    MattMVS7
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/16 23:48:20 (permalink)
    I now understand that if I want this song produced, I must produce it myself--it would be nearly impossible for me to get it across at this point (but I view that as a good thing as that's an opportunity for me to gain knowledge and experience in music).  Although, I never expected some disappointment to arise from this topic.  I was not begging in a selfish manner for this song to be produced--I just posted this as information, a positive request that others would hopefully view as an enjoyable opportunity and actually produce it if they desire.  And then, I made another post giving more insight into my song--just a bit of more information itself about the song for others to feel free to read about, not some arrogant response demanding that my song be produced.

As for my view on this song I made, it's not an ego that makes me view this song as powerful just because I made it--I truly feel that it is powerful.  If I didn't make this song and instead have heard it from somewhere else (or even if a person I didn't like made this song), I would have perceived this song the exact same way.  I just felt the need to get this out of the way because I feel uncomfortable being perceived negatively both in my music and me as a person.
    Mooch4056
    Max Output Level: -0.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7494
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/16 23:49:33 (permalink)
    MattMVS7

This song I created is very powerful to me and came to me in a dream.  I really want this song made, but I don't have the knowledge or experience in music necessary to produce it myself.  I could only imitate it the best I could with my voice, although I have no experience in singing.

This song has a happy heroic tune that has an opening/closing feel to it (like the opening/ending of a commercial).  This opening happy tune leads into the powerful motivational intense action choir and is combined with the intense action near the end of the song (the action tune now feels like it's at its highest point nearing the end, as explained above, that happy tune also has a closing feel to it--taking the action tune to the end of the song where at the very end the happy tune plays by itself to end the song).  But when you hear the action and happy playing together, it may not seem like they go together in technical terms.  They really do go together, it's just my singing flaws making it seem off (I hear them perfectly playing together in my mind).

The instrument that plays the happy tune in my mind is a whiny type of instrument (whiny in a positive way).  I don't know what this instrument is.  The instrument that plays the intense action I think is some sort of orchestral instrument.

Now I have sung this happy tune the best I could get it.  However, when I combined the action part with it, it doesn't go together hardly at all because the action part was sung sort of flat with not much increase in pitch over time to match the happy part (that's my opinion on why I think so).

But I have also sung this happy part in a different way (practically the same as the previous version), and when combined with the intense action, I can actually see how they go together.

This version of the song has me singing the intense choir.  The choir is in another language with words that sound like "cholly jolly energy" which is just my take on what those words sound like, but are actually not those words.

http://soundcloud.com/mat...w-zelda-opening-song-1

Now this version of the song is the sung instrumentation with the happy tune sung most accurate (though it doesn't seem to go with the intense action):

http://soundcloud.com/mattmvs7/the-new-zelda-ope

And although the instrument does sound whiny, it does not sound like how it was portrayed in that song.

And here's this version of the song with that happy tune sung not as accurate, but seems to go with the intense action.  I'm showing you this version of the song as well because perhaps you will also see how they are supposed to go together, and based off of knowing that, produce the song how it should be.

http://soundcloud.com/mat...new-zelda-opening-song

And this song I made is not just random stuff put together--it's an actual song. When the opening happy tune leads into the action and the action is over, the happy tune plays again to close the action and open up into the other part of the action.

I would really appreciate it if someone could produce this song for me.  I have made many more songs (sung) on my SoundCloud page, but this is the one and only best song I absolutely want to be produced.  If someone could produce this, I would be grateful.  Thank you.

LMFAO!!!!

Man those links is funny .....bad ...how could you not laugh 

Far out funny stuff .... If its a joke it's funny ....if its not a joke ...it's still funny ...win win 

This is funnier than Bapu going down the water slide at the bachelor party singing splish splash I was taking a bath 

Best thread ever!!!

From Now On Call Me Conquistador! 

Donate to the cure Bapu Foundation
    Email: mooch4056@gmail.com for more info

The Band19
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2795
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/16 23:54:42 (permalink)
    I never listened? I knew it was not the quality that we post/expect? Based on the comments in the thread. But as I would not laugh at you standing at the urinal next to me? I did not laugh at this person. Again, music is intangible, and is the language of the soul. Some are better at expressing it than others? And some are more laughable at the urinal... 

(I'm sorry for that right there Lord, and please be with the Pygmies in New Guinnea...)
    post edited by The Band19 - 2012/11/16 23:56:26

Sittin downtown in a railway station one toke over the line.
    foxwolfen
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/17 01:21:10 (permalink)
    In this I agree with you Robby. But, I did listen, and I could make out what he was trying to sing. But more importantly, its not terribly difficult to trial and error it out until he finds something to bring him closer to what he hears in his head.

Composers Forum
    Rus W
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/17 01:43:55 (permalink)
    MattMVS7

I now understand that if I want this song produced, I must produce it myself--it would be nearly impossible for me to get it across at this point (but I view that as a good thing as that's an opportunity for me to gain knowledge and experience in music).  Although, I never expected some disappointment to arise from this topic.  I was not begging in a selfish manner for this song to be produced--I just posted this as information, a positive request that others would hopefully view as an enjoyable opportunity and actually produce it if they desire.  And then, I made another post giving more insight into my song--just a bit of more information itself about the song for others to feel free to read about, not some arrogant response demanding that my song be produced.

As for my view on this song I made, it's not an ego that makes me view this song as powerful just because I made it--I truly feel that it is powerful.  If I didn't make this song and instead have heard it from somewhere else (or even if a person I didn't like made this song), I would have perceived this song the exact same way.  I just felt the need to get this out of the way because I feel uncomfortable being perceived negatively both in my music and me as a person.

No. In fact, many here would probably suggest - NOT to self-produce it as you really have to cultivate that skill and it's much, much harder and more intricate than composition/arranging (Heck, I'm still learning) You don't even know how to write it or what you want to write. Again, you are putting the cart before the horse.

Let me reiterate that you need to take a step or two back - even if a positive opinion is given because not all truthful criticism is meant to be harmful. It's easy for someone to give a thumbs down to something they like (and that is cohesive and coherent) or point out areas that could use improvement that caused the thumbs down. However, it's very hard to give positive feedback to something that is not liked; yet, suggestions can be made as to the improvements, so that it is enjoyable (and this doesn't mean it'll be enjoyed by everybody)

To paraphrase Ben, you seem to not have musical chops whereas I do (this is not bragging), but not everything I put on display is liked -- nor am I naive enough to think this will happen. I know what it means to put oneself in a song (heart, emotion, etc.), but it appears that your feelings are scattered; however, to illustrate this, the music shouldn't be.

I listened to a tune that had a very good structure, but its small sections didn't sit well to my ears; yet, I knew where this band was trying to take the song. IOW, there was order among the chaos and they took the "clean it up some" comment well. I would have said this, even if I didn't like the piece - and I did like it. I even helped analyze it. It comes down to deciding what you want, seeing what tools are at your disposal deciding which ones to use and for what purpose. Then carefully shaping and molding it into what you've envisioned. However, don't be afraid if/when things change because they do. If you do get to a point where no changes are needed, call it done - do not force anything!

No one here is knocking the tune being you, but using myself as example, given the "well-structured" pieces I have put up, if I put up something like your first track, I'd perhaps get the same reactions (and perhaps hate it myself) or maybe worse because members can identify me, but that's because I have and can identify myself musically (and I have gone and go through the same issues you are going through to get there). And everyone has put up rough sketches, sometimes a little too rough, but again if it's going in one general direction and not wandering aimlessly ... 

Folks like Ben (though he wasn't PC about it), Herb (GH), and myself have given you suggestions to get this piece traversing a particular path or at least taking the first steps before you walk it around and back. Dealing with music isn't necessarily easy, but it's certainly not as hard as it's made out to be. It take time, assistance, persistence and patience!
    post edited by Rus W - 2012/11/17 02:31:07

chuckebaby
    Re:Could someone produce my song? 2012/11/17 02:10:07 (permalink)
    foxwolfen

In this I agree with you Robby. But, I did listen, and I could make out what he was trying to sing. But more importantly, its not terribly difficult to trial and error it out until he finds something to bring him closer to what he hears in his head.
    yes,its called practice,something in the old day that we used to do before someone would agree to make songs out of our hums.

so mooch calls it bad and i call it discusting but you wont say anything to him will you ?
    there you go again picking and choosing who you decide to put down.
    not because of what someone says,but who the person is who says it.

your the one who should be ashamed shad.
    Hey look...theres another person who suggests that hes going to have to pay to have it done...
    so what are you going to say to that person ?
    nothing,thats what your going to do,nothing.but yet youll even have the gall to print my name on this page.
    well so will i....

your just like everyone else said you were in the coffee house..your shallow shad.not standing up for what is right but picking out one person to make an example out of, to make yourself look like a hero.

still curious though why Matt hasnt answered us what he used to record those samples with.
    was it sonar sonar matt ?
    it sound like you did an overdub,is that correct?

this is the thing matt,if you came on this forum and asked for some direction...
    i probably would have laughed a little inside but respected the fact you were looking for help and how to get started in the field.
    but to throw around.."can someone produce this song for me"
    is ignorant and i know a thing or two about being ignorant..so i should know.
    see for me,to only record the music and vocals of my songs,it takes a few days.
    so when someone thinks its easy to just produce someones song,it offends me.
    theres alot that goes into it....days..days..then mixing..days..mastering..days.

my ideas start very similar to your believe it or not.
    i sometimes start with a mic and a blank track and hum out my songs as well..its a starting point right?
    yes it is but that doesnt mean i would posting it asking someone to produce it for me.
    if im going into something i know nothing about...well i do some homework first.
    as you should have...as you should do now.
    get your self a keyboard and learn  a little bit about playing an instrument.
    because if you want to be a good songwritter your going to need to learn an instrument and not rely on others to take your ideas and turn them into something that is not what you want.

if i posted something like my scratch tracks on here(my hums)
    i would expect to be laughed at,rediculed and belittled.

now maybe you can understand why people putting in hours everyday for 20+years find it strange when someone
    asks so much of someones tallents.
    just like i get paid 40.00 hour to do studio work.
    just like ive paid 40.00 an hour here in boston to have studio musicians come in and do tracks for projects ive gone over my deadlines on.
    you cant possibly,seriously think someone would take on your project free of charge.
    unless your shad.
    which he has indeed offered to help you.not everyone will do that.
    i look forward to hearing the end result.   

post edited by chuckebaby - 2012/11/17 21:14:39

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1