Helpful ReplyDimensional Voices

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Mesh
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 27360
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 15:15:44 (permalink)
So, you're asking the people in here (who mostly happen to be audio engineers) that are extremely detail oriented in fine tuning their craft to overlook the flaws, artifacts, garbled noises and to just appreciate that power ranger thingama jiggy that you call a masterpiece?

Sounds reasonable.....(<<<<<that's sarcasm....not the previous one).

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
SuperMarioGamer
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 222
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 15:17:35 (permalink)
Mesh
So, you're asking the people in here (who mostly happen to be audio engineers) that are extremely detail oriented in fine tuning their craft to overlook the flaws, artifacts, garbled noises and to just appreciate that power ranger thingama jiggy that you call a masterpiece?

Actually, anyone here is free to post any of their crafts regardless of how flawed and how much artifacts it has.  I will be able to look past those flaws/artifacts and see the powerful/magnificent personality that is there.
jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 16:14:00 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer
Mesh

Actually, anyone here is free to post any of their crafts regardless of how flawed and how much artifacts it has.  I will be able to look past those flaws/artifacts and see the powerful/magnificent personality that is there.

We do Matt, and have done for years. Over at the Songs forum. What we do is encourage each other, point out areas where we can improve if they occur to us while listening, get involved in collaborating with other people and generally, you know, create music.

What we try not to do is present the forum with a premise that can't be proved or disproved, and then get into protracted arguments about it.

Music is highly subjective, one persons ''powerful and magnificent'' is another person's ''wtf was that..''

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
SuperMarioGamer
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 16:52:05 (permalink)
jamesg1213
SuperMarioGamer
Mesh

We do Matt, and have done for years. Over at the Songs forum. What we do is encourage each other, point out areas where we can improve if they occur to us while listening, get involved in collaborating with other people and generally, you know, create music.

What we try not to do is present the forum with a premise that can't be proved or disproved, and then get into protracted arguments about it.

Music is highly subjective, one persons ''powerful and magnificent'' is another person's ''wtf was that..''

Yes, I understand.  But, to me, it is just frustrating when I just wish to create something that conveys a powerful/magnificent personality without the need for any professional training.  Despite my lack of professional skill, I really think I have created a powerful/magnificent voice despite the flaws and artifacts in that voice.  It becomes frustrating when people don't see that.  I mean, I can do things in my life already that I have no professional training in and people would still think that what I have done conveys a powerful and magnificent personality.  For example, even though I am not a professional drama actor, my moments of sadness would still convey a powerful tragic personality to my family and to virtually everyone else.  So, I just am not understanding why I can't do the same when it comes to these voices.  Not saying that these voices are supposed to be tragic.  I am just wondering why the awesome, powerful, transcended, and magnificent personality that these voices convey to me cannot be conveyed to others despite their flaws/artifacts.
jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 17:00:40 (permalink)
Because these things are completely subjective, as I said.

You're also asking a lot presenting just a 'voice' out of context. Added to that you're addressing a bunch of mostly old cynical blokes with not much interest in 'powerful magnificent personalities' for video games. You've posted here often enough to know that no-one here is really interested in this stuff.

Just do what makes YOU happy, and don't tie yourself up in knots about it.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
Mesh
  • Total Posts : 27360
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 17:09:21 (permalink)

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 19:22:45 (permalink)
Aye Carrumba ,

The OP want's to be accepted and Loved for a desired skill he has no training or apparent talent for right ? 
Then People in The Know here on the forum have tried to help him find a pathway to getting the  skills he needs for his chosen desire , yet he won't listen to them or the others that have gone before him with much more experience. Right ?
And now  the icing on the Cake is the whole World is supposed to lower it's standards to embrace and reward The OP  for having tried ?
Yeah Right Good Luck on pulling that one off

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

SuperMarioGamer
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 20:22:49 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
Aye Carrumba ,

The OP want's to be accepted and Loved for a desired skill he has no training or apparent talent for right ? 
Then People in The Know here on the forum have tried to help him find a pathway to getting the  skills he needs for his chosen desire , yet he won't listen to them or the others that have gone before him with much more experience. Right ?
And now  the icing on the Cake is the whole World is supposed to lower it's standards to embrace and reward The OP  for having tried ?

Kenny

I get what you are saying, but you are missing the context in which I explain my case.  Read my posts in this topic rather than just my opening post to get the full picture.
kennywtelejazz
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 20:32:32 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer
kennywtelejazz
Aye Carrumba ,

Kenny

I get what you are saying, but you are missing the context in which I explain my case.  Read my posts in this topic rather than just my opening post to get the full picture.

I have read every post so far including the one where you even brought your own mother into this thread ....

What is it that you are expecting or hoping that I will say to you ?

What ever it is ......Don't hold your breath sport .

You haven't swayed me on any level .If anything your whole little routine and dance is coming off as nothing more than very unprofessional and misguided due to your personal inability to accept sound guidance in the very area you want to learn and get better at ...

IMHO , Your argument is very weak ...take an action .....$hit or get off the pot or you can fish or cut bait  .....

Why not Stop wasting peoples time around here and learn what you need to learn ....is that not plain and simple enough for you ? ..
I hate to put it to you that bluntly , but then hey man , I was brought up with tough love and I wouldn't change a thing .

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

SuperMarioGamer
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 20:40:14 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
SuperMarioGamer
kennywtelejazz
Aye Carrumba ,

Kenny

I have read every post so far including the one where you even brought your own mother into this thread ....

IMHO , Your argument is very weak ...$hit or get off the pot ..fish or cut bait  .....
Why not Stop wasting peoples time around here and learn what you need to learn ....is that not plain and simple ? ..
I hate to put it to you that bluntly , but then hey man , I was brought up with tough love and I wouldn't change a thing .

Kenny

Yes, I did actually take the advice of one other poster here.  Therefore, that is what I will do and I will be on my way now.
kennywtelejazz
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 20:49:41 (permalink)
Good for you . I wish you all the best ...

Your welcome to stay if you want and if you don't

Y'all come back and visit us again real soon now

Kenny
post edited by kennywtelejazz - 2017/05/12 23:07:03

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

Moshkito
Max Output Level: -37.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3765
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/13 04:45:35 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer

Better yet ... please just go back to practicing your Super Mario Game! 

Music is not about notes and chords! My poem is not about the computer or monitor or letters! It's about how I was able to translate it from my insides! 
savageopera
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 625
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/13 05:46:01 (permalink)
Hey Mario, I don't know if it was my advice you took but you might consider seeking out a forum that reviews and discusses the type of video games you enjoy. They would probably be interested in hearing your work and certainly would more readily understand what you are trying to accomplish with your dimensional voices, These forums are primarily frequented by musicians, songwriters, and sound engineers who share their songs, advice, and experience with each other in order to better their craft. I suggested earlier that you purchase Music Creator 7 (only about $20) so that you can learn to develop and record your ideas. I can tell by your communication skills that it wouldn't take you long to get rolling and there are many folks here who will be eager to help you learn the ropes. I have a friend who also has a touch of autism and his musical abilities have really blossomed since he can now hear and analyze his work in a recorded format. Good luck and don't be a stranger............Ron

Sonar Artist, HP Laptop, AMD A8700 , 1T+250g, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra ,Roland 88 Hammer action, Roland AX-1, M-audio 88es, Arturia minilabII......When I was young I wanted to become a mad scientist. I achieved everything except the "scientist" part....http://www.soundclick.com/savageopera
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1