Helpful ReplyDimensional Voices

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
SuperMarioGamer
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 222
2017/05/06 16:00:53 (permalink)

Dimensional Voices

I am trying to make dimensional sounding voices. This is one I created myself. I have typed in words into a text to speech program and have applied audio effects to those words in creating this dimensional sounding speech.

The reason why I am making and showcasing these voices is because it's a part of the whole process of making music.  I plan on adding these dimensional sounding voices to compositions I plan on making.  I just needed to know if these dimensional sounding voices were good or not to you and others.  Do these dimensional sounding voices sound mediocre and like garbled mess?  Or do they sound like voices that convey superb and powerful personalities?  To me, they sound great and convey powerful personalities.  But I would like to hear your take on this.

When I listen to these voices, then regardless of what flaws and artifacts they might have, they still convey a powerful otherworldly dimensional personality to me and that is what matters here.  If something conveys a powerful personality such as something that is tragic, beautiful, joyful, etc., then that is all that is needed to make it a masterpiece.  The flaws and artifacts can be taken into consideration later on.  In the meantime, the powerful/magnificent personality itself needs to be showcased regardless of these flaws/artifacts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhMA49nB4zc

post edited by SuperMarioGamer - 2017/05/12 04:22:08
jamesg1213
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/06 17:08:32 (permalink)
Yes, that certainly sounds like some voices with effects applied. What's the purpose of the exercise?

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/06 17:13:08 (permalink)
jamesg1213
Yes, that certainly sounds like some voices with effects applied. What's the purpose of the exercise?

To display his obsession with games?
SuperMarioGamer
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/06 17:31:39 (permalink)
jamesg1213

It's a part of the whole process of making music.  I plan on adding these dimensional sounding voices to compositions I plan on making.  I just needed to know if these voices were good or not to you and others.  Do the voices sound mediocre and like garbled mess?  Or do they sound like voices that convey superb and powerful personalities?
kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/06 17:33:24 (permalink)
I used to know a girl that hated my guts , so what I used to do was I would call her up on the phone and speak into my mic while running it into my pedal board.
I had  distortion mixed in with an octave lower sound mixed in with a deep flange running all that into a small speaker next to my phones talk section...
When I would call her up I would go Hello is Linda there ? using that sound she would freak ...

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

jamesg1213
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/06 17:37:38 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby kennywtelejazz 2017/05/06 17:38:17
SuperMarioGamer
jamesg1213

It's a part of the whole process of making music.  I plan on adding these dimensional sounding voices to compositions I plan on making.  I just needed to know if these voices were good or not to you and others.  Do the voices sound mediocre and like garbled mess?  Or do they sound like voices that convey superb and powerful personalities?

Unfortunately you're never going to get 'superb and powerful personalities' from a text to speech program. The program doesn't know where to put emphasis on the text, or how to 'emote', so it's very unrealistic.

Jyemz

kennywtelejazz
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/06 17:37:46 (permalink)
OP's quote
"Do the voices sound mediocre and like garbled mess?  Or do they sound like voices that convey superb and powerful personalities?"

Your starting voices in your first vid sound like a good place to start for grins and giggles .
Even then it would still take a lot of work to even approach what people in that genre use for those type of sounds ..
IMHO , I think you took it way too far in your second vid ....
my 02 cents,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

SuperMarioGamer
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/06 17:43:07 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
OP's quote
"Do the voices sound mediocre and like garbled mess?  Or do they sound like voices that convey superb and powerful personalities?"

Your starting voices in your first vid sound like a good place to start for grins and giggles .
Even then it would still take a lot of work to even approach what people in that genre use for those type of sounds ..
my 02 cents,

Kenny

What went wrong in my altered version of that speech?  Could you explain why those dimensional sounding voices don't sound good to you at all?  What could I have done to make it sound right?
kennywtelejazz
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/06 18:42:03 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer
kennywtelejazz
OP's quote

my 02 cents,

Kenny

What went wrong in my altered version of that speech?  Could you explain why those dimensional sounding voices don't sound good to you at all?  What could I have done to make it sound right?

Are you serious ? If you are , fine , then I will state my case

The altered voices are way too garbled , they lack clarity , there are simply too many artifacts and they are not even being played within the context of the intended MEDIA ( gaming environment w sounds  )  they are there to support ...

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

SuperMarioGamer
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/06 18:48:59 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
SuperMarioGamer
kennywtelejazz
OP's quote

my 02 cents,

Kenny

The altered voices are way too garbled , they lack clarity , there are simply too many artifacts and they are not even being played within the context of the intended MEDIA ( gaming environment w sounds  )  they are there to support ...

Kenny

Thanks for your input.  However, to me, they sound just fine.  But then again, my brain might have error correction features so that when I listen to something that has many flaws, my brain corrects those flaws.  So, from my perspective, I see something great and flawless.  But from your perspective and from the perspective of many others, they will see the flaws plain as day.
eph221
Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4665
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/06 19:04:06 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer
kennywtelejazz
SuperMarioGamer
kennywtelejazz
OP's quote

my 02 cents,

Kenny

Kenny

Thanks for your input.  However, to me, they sound just fine.  But then again, my brain might have error correction features so that when I listen to something that has many flaws, my brain corrects those flaws.  So, from my perspective, I see something great and flawless.  But from your perspective and from the perspective of many others, they will see the flaws plain as day.

This.  You know what's best. :D:D

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*
 Is a lumineer a new dental appliance?  

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

jamesg1213
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/06 19:11:21 (permalink)
If Matt (supermariogamer) is being truthful with us, and if I recall correctly from his previous posts, he's on the autism spectrum. I'm not sure this is the best place for him to be posting really.

Jyemz

kennywtelejazz
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/06 19:11:37 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer
kennywtelejazz
SuperMarioGamer
kennywtelejazz
OP's quote

my 02 cents,

Kenny

Kenny

I'm not looking for flaws ...you asked a question in your own thread ..

I happened to give you my answer ...if you don't like what I had to say don't take it personal ...just move on

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

eph221
Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4665
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/06 19:14:11 (permalink)
I'm 15% autistic and I post here.  Maybe I shouldn't?

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*
 Is a lumineer a new dental appliance?  

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

jamesg1213
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/06 19:15:28 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mesh 2017/05/12 12:23:52
eph221

It's not all about you David.

Jyemz

SuperMarioGamer
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/06 19:16:25 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
SuperMarioGamer
kennywtelejazz
SuperMarioGamer
kennywtelejazz
OP's quote

my 02 cents,

Kenny

Kenny

I happened to give you my answer ...if you don't like what I had to say don't take it personal ...just move on

Kenny

What you pointed out is the very definition of flaws.  You said that there were many artifacts and that the voices sounded garbled and unclear.  I was pointing out that I lack the ability to see that perhaps due to the fact that my mind corrects those flaws so that I cannot see them.
kennywtelejazz
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/06 21:33:16 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer
kennywtelejazz
SuperMarioGamer
kennywtelejazz
SuperMarioGamer
kennywtelejazz
OP's quote

my 02 cents,

Kenny

Kenny

Kenny

What you pointed out is the very definition of flaws.  You said that there were many artifacts and that the voices sounded garbled and unclear.  I was pointing out that I lack the ability to see that perhaps due to the fact that my mind corrects those flaws so that I cannot see them.

IMHO , That's just the way The Brain works ...
FWIW, There is a popular cable TV show where your exact point is brought up in each and every episode
http://www.pbs.org/show/brain-david-eagleman/

My comments were more directed at the only way to really know how your sounds are gonna gel or not gel would be to use them in a production where they are combined with all the missing production elements you would need in the first place to have a finished production ...
a still picture of a cartoon character w vocal sound effects does not make a full on multi media production 

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/07 01:32:43 (permalink)
jamesg1213
eph221

It's not all about you David.

It's awl about the Bazz, roight?
sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/07 07:47:59 (permalink)

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/07 07:50:01 (permalink)
Something slightly less excruciating: 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
SuperMarioGamer
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 04:23:06 (permalink)
Fine.  Here is a voice alteration that I think is much better.  When I listen to these voices, then regardless of what flaws and artifacts they might have, they still convey a powerful otherworldly dimensional personality to me and that is what matters here.  If something conveys a powerful personality such as something that is tragic, beautiful, joyful, etc., then that is all that is needed to make it a masterpiece.  The flaws and artifacts can be taken into consideration later on.  In the meantime, the powerful/magnificent personality itself needs to be showcased regardless of these flaws/artifacts.

savageopera
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 625
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 05:07:04 (permalink)
Hey Mario, I'm the guy that advised you to buy Music Creator 7 so you can start to learn to develop your compositional ideas. I appreciate what you are trying to do with your "dimensional voices". If you want my honest opinion I think you should back way off on the effects you are using as the voice is too garbled to understand. If you are trying to create a completely alien character who can't communicate with humans you might use this. I cannot detect any tragedy, joy, beauty, etc, because it is too distorted to recognize the words you are saying. So the "powerful/magnificent personality you are trying to project is lost because of the overuse of the effect. A good rule for using effects is "less is more".  Hope this helps,,,welcome back...Ron

Sonar Artist, HP Laptop, AMD A8700 , 1T+250g, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra ,Roland 88 Hammer action, Roland AX-1, M-audio 88es, Arturia minilabII......When I was young I wanted to become a mad scientist. I achieved everything except the "scientist" part....http://www.soundclick.com/savageopera
SuperMarioGamer
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 05:18:33 (permalink)
savageopera
Hey Mario, I'm the guy that advised you to buy Music Creator 7 so you can start to learn to develop your compositional ideas. I appreciate what you are trying to do with your "dimensional voices". If you want my honest opinion I think you should back way off on the effects you are using as the voice is too garbled to understand. If you are trying to create a completely alien character who can't communicate with humans you might use this. I cannot detect any tragedy, joy, beauty, etc, because it is too distorted to recognize the words you are saying. So the "powerful/magnificent personality you are trying to project is lost because of the overuse of the effect. A good rule for using effects is "less is more".  Hope this helps,,,welcome back...Ron

Thank you.  I will take your advice.  Now, this is just my personal view, but the voices, to me, convey an awesome and powerful otherworldly dimensional personality.  They don't convey any tragedy or beauty; only the personality I've just described to you.  It's not about the words since they are random gibberish (reversed speech).  Rather, it is the personality that the voice itself conveys to me.
SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 07:52:25 (permalink)

I don't get it.

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

jamesg1213
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 12:28:34 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer

Now, this is just my personal view, but the voices, to me, convey an awesome and powerful otherworldly dimensional personality. 

That's all that matters then, isn't it? No point asking us, just carry on if you're happy with the result.

Jyemz

Mesh
  • Total Posts : 27360
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 12:47:22 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer

When I listen to these voices, then regardless of what flaws and artifacts they might have, they still convey a powerful otherworldly dimensional personality to me and that is what matters here.  If something conveys a powerful personality such as something that is tragic, beautiful, joyful, etc., then that is all that is needed to make it a masterpiece.  The flaws and artifacts can be taken into consideration later on.  In the meantime, the powerful/magnificent personality itself needs to be showcased regardless of these flaws/artifacts.

It looks like you really don't really need anyone's opinion as you've already deemed it a "powerful otherworldly dimensional personality".......regardless of the flaws/artifacts. So, asking anyone's opinion on something that you already think is great is really pointless.......if you're happy and you know it, clap your hands.

If it's attention that you need, there's really no need to showcase your "masterpieces" in here as they are what they are and besides, we'd be happy to give you a (((((group hug)))))).

In the meantime, (before someone gets hurt) I'm going to put the Kool-aid away....

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
Mesh
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 12:50:54 (permalink)
jamesg1213
SuperMarioGamer

Now, this is just my personal view, but the voices, to me, convey an awesome and powerful otherworldly dimensional personality. 

That's all that matters then, isn't it? No point asking us, just carry on if you're happy with the result.

James summarized it (while I took the long road to tipperary)  

HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
SuperMarioGamer
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 14:14:20 (permalink)
Mesh
SuperMarioGamer

It looks like you really don't really need anyone's opinion as you've already deemed it a "powerful otherworldly dimensional personality".......regardless of the flaws/artifacts. So, asking anyone's opinion on something that you already think is great is really pointless.......if you're happy and you know it, clap your hands.

If it's attention that you need, there's really no need to showcase your "masterpieces" in here as they are what they are and besides, we'd be happy to give you a (((((group hug)))))).

In the meantime, (before someone gets hurt) I'm going to put the Kool-aid away....

What's with the sarcasm?  Do you not agree that works of art including altered voices can still convey a powerful/magnificent personality despite flaws/artifacts they might have?  If, for example, I saw my mother having the most beautiful and joyful time of her life, then the fact that her tones and gestures aren't of a professional acting quality would not negate this as a very beautiful and joyful moment.  It would still be a powerful masterpiece to behold.
Mesh
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 14:42:55 (permalink)
So, why not just "BEHOLD" your self contained masterpiece?
Why do you need others opinions?

HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
SuperMarioGamer
Re: Dimensional Voices 2017/05/12 15:01:29 (permalink)
Mesh
So, why not just "BEHOLD" your self contained masterpiece?
Why do you need others opinions?

Because I am merely trying to understand why it is required that everything be virtually flawless and without artifacts in order for a work of art to convey a powerful/magnificent personality.  Sure, having a work of art without flaws and artifacts would certainly make that work of art much more clear and of a much better craft, but I do not see how that is the only way to have a work of art that conveys a powerful/magnificent personality.
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1