EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Truckermusic
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1924
2010/06/25 15:46:34 (permalink)

EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39

I just wanted to bring to your attention that next week end (July 4th) Guitar Center will have all the EZ Drummer Expansion packs on Sale for $39 bucks. It looks like this includes the electronic one as well....

They will also have the three SD2 expansion packs on sale for $79... (Music City is not included .. too new yet .. but I am sure by Christmas it will be on sale as well)

Clifford
post edited by Truckermusic - 2010/06/25 15:47:45

http://www.soundclick.com/cliffordamundsen 
NZXT Phantom Case (in Black)
Windows 7, Service Pack 1, 64 Bit OP
Sonar X3 Producer, 64 Bit 
Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.3 MoBo
16 Gig of Ram 
4.5 Gighz
Intel i-7 2600k Quad Core Sandy Bridge
Unibrain Firewire Card
Edirol FA-101 Firewire interface
Mackie Big Knob
NI Komplete 8
Machine 2

57 Replies Related Threads

craigfowler
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 356
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/25 17:28:43 (permalink)
    Interesting.

Is it worth getting, say the Jazz SDX if I already have the Jazz EX?
    kurrykid
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 309
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/25 18:52:33 (permalink)
    Thanks for the heads up!

Dave
    mixmkr
    Max Output Level: -43.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3169
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/25 22:27:14 (permalink)
    the electronic ezx is just incredible if mixed way back with superior 2.2.  I mean I think it's awesome and not just a bunch of weirdo, beatbox sounds....  which it is if you play it by itself.

Here are some samples at Soundclick, to describe what I'm talking about...  EZX electronic with Superior 2.2 (custom user kit)
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1048891

some tunes: --->        www.masonharwoodproject.bandcamp.com 
    StudioCat i7 4770k 3.5gHz, 16 RAM,  Sonar Platinum, CD Arch 5.2, Steinberg UR-44
    videos--->https://www.youtube.com/user/mixmkr

Truckermusic
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/26 14:38:31 (permalink)
    craigfowler

Interesting.

Is it worth getting, say the Jazz SDX if I already have the Jazz EX?

I am not sure of what youare asking...but let me guess.....

If you have the EX then I know that is the EZ Drummer Jazz expansion pack.....but by asking about a SDX that would imply a "superior" product line....and if I am not mistaked at this point Superior does not have a Jazz expansion pack....they have their standard kit which comes with SD 2.2 which I believe is the Avatar kit....then they have expansion packs for  "the hit factory" , "Metal Foundry" , "custome and Vintage" and now the new one "Music City". But no Jazz Expansion pack....

So In this case there would be nothing to buy......
    Now if you are looking for a Superior pack to buy I personnaly find the Metal Foundy just Killer.....and not that you have to use it for Metal only....it just has a great sound all around... but suffice it to say the others are not to shabby at all.....

But what I want is the Electronic Experience EZ Expansion pack....and for 40 bucks  I think that it is going to happen.......no dought in my mind!

I hope that helps
    Clifford

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    Truckermusic
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/26 14:48:28 (permalink)
    mixmkr

the electronic ezx is just incredible if mixed way back with superior 2.2.  I mean I think it's awesome and not just a bunch of weirdo, beatbox sounds....  which it is if you play it by itself.

Here are some samples at Soundclick, to describe what I'm talking about...  EZX electronic with Superior 2.2 (custom user kit)

Now when you say "custom user kit" are you saying that you built that kit from scratch with SD ?   If so...I think it sound really nice and with the Electronic kit mixed in the back ground it adds a lot of definition......

I loved it!

Cliff

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    craigfowler
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/26 17:09:15 (permalink)
    Sorry Clifford, I should have been clearer (and I could have *sworn* I'd seen a Jazz SDX around!)

My query was meant to be simply that if I own both EZ drummer and Superior drummer, do I gain anything substantial by buying an expansion for Superior if I already own the correspondingly named expansion for EZD? For instance, I have both Nashville and Vintage EZXs - so is it worth ponying up for the Vintage/custom or Music city SDXs? If it's essentially the same sample set but with greater functionality, I probably couldn't justify it to myself.
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/26 17:23:30 (permalink)
    craig - do you have superior drummer?  if not then you don't want to buy the SDX expansions at all because they won't work in the EZ Drummer program.

however, superior drummer is certainly worth buying if you don't have it.  you have much more control over the sounds of the samples and can get them to sound better than the already processed EZ drummer samples.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    mixmkr
    Max Output Level: -43.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3169
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/26 18:23:41 (permalink)
    Truckermusic

mixmkr

Now when you say "custom user kit" are you saying that you built that kit from scratch with SD ?   If so...I think it sound really nice and with the Electronic kit mixed in the back ground it adds a lot of definition......

I loved it!

Cliff

thanks Cliff.   yeah custom kit, but I started with the Avatar I believe.  Changed tuning, envelopes... all the good stuff you can do in Superior.  Incredible program

some tunes: --->        www.masonharwoodproject.bandcamp.com 
    StudioCat i7 4770k 3.5gHz, 16 RAM,  Sonar Platinum, CD Arch 5.2, Steinberg UR-44
    videos--->https://www.youtube.com/user/mixmkr

Dave Modisette
    • Total Posts : 11050
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/26 19:08:15 (permalink)
    One thing I must mention is to make sure you leave with product in your hand. 

The SDX libraries ARE NOT downloads no matter how much the sales droid at the Banjo Center says they are.  They are bad about giving you a serial number and then saying that you can download the library.  (As someone who DOES download those libraries, you don't want to go there with a public release.  I start the download in the evening and it continues through the night till the next day.)

It is the retailers responsibility to ship you or hand you the product.  The only downloads available are teaser sets that will give you something to toy with till the DVD arrives.

Dave Modisette ... rocks a Purrrfect Audio Studio Pro rig.

http://www.gatortraks.com 
    My music.
    ... And of course, the Facebook page. 
    Dave Modisette
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/26 19:11:31 (permalink)
    If you have the EX then I know that is the EZ Drummer Jazz expansion pack.....but by asking about a SDX that would imply a "superior" product line....and if I am not mistaked at this point Superior does not have a Jazz expansion pack....they have their standard kit which comes with SD 2.2 which I believe is the Avatar kit....then they have expansion packs for "the hit factory" , "Metal Foundry" , "custome and Vintage" and now the new one "Music City". But no Jazz Expansion pack....

My music.
    craigfowler
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/26 19:58:38 (permalink)
    Beagle

craig - do you have superior drummer?  if not then you don't want to buy the SDX expansions at all because they won't work in the EZ Drummer program.

however, superior drummer is certainly worth buying if you don't have it.  you have much more control over the sounds of the samples and can get them to sound better than the already processed EZ drummer samples.

Thanks Beagle - yes, I have both Superior and EZ. And that's what I'm probably not doing a good job conveying. I have already bought 3 expansions for EZ drummer (jazz, nashville, vintage). My question is whether it is worth *also* owning the SDX expansions with similar names. Are the drum samples in Music City SDX the same as those in Nashville EX, etc? If buying Music City simply meant I had more control over the bleed of sounds I already own, for instance, I don't do enough tweaking in SDX to make it a good investment. If it's a whole new soundset too, I'm more interested!
    Beagle
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/26 21:07:37 (permalink)
    I see.  well that's something I can't really answer because although I have the Nashville kit, I do not have Music City, although I'm considering it now that it's on sale.

I loved EZD and the EZX's when I got them.  but after I got SD2, I don't use the EZXs any more even tho I've tried because the SD kit sounds so much better.

Dave Modisette
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/27 13:46:03 (permalink)
    craigfowler

Beagle

Thanks Beagle - yes, I have both Superior and EZ. And that's what I'm probably not doing a good job conveying. I have already bought 3 expansions for EZ drummer (jazz, nashville, vintage). My question is whether it is worth *also* owning the SDX expansions with similar names. Are the drum samples in Music City SDX the same as those in Nashville EX, etc? If buying Music City simply meant I had more control over the bleed of sounds I already own, for instance, I don't do enough tweaking in SDX to make it a good investment. If it's a whole new soundset too, I'm more interested!

Music City is from the same session as Nashville, however the samples are not necessarily the same.  They all had to be gone through and checked for all the little things that slip into the recording so they have to be different to some extent.  That said, there are drums common to both collections but IIRC there are a few extra instruments (drum choices - check the product pages to verify this) as well as different grooves in the SDX.  The presets are radically different. 

My music.
    craigfowler
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/27 14:28:13 (permalink)
    Thanks Dave!
    Beagle
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/27 14:39:27 (permalink)
    Mod Bod

craigfowler

Beagle

Music City is from the same session as Nashville, however the samples are not necessarily the same.  They all had to be gone through and checked for all the little things that slip into the recording so they have to be different to some extent.  That said, there are drums common to both collections but IIRC there are a few extra instruments (drum choices - check the product pages to verify this) as well as different grooves in the SDX.  The presets are radically different. 

Hey, Dave,
    I hope that they're not pre-processed like EZX Nashville, tho, correct?

I have the Nashville EZX but I don't like using it because the pre-processing doesn't always match what I'm mixing.

Dave Modisette
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/27 17:28:24 (permalink)
    Beagle

Mod Bod

craigfowler

Beagle

Hey, Dave,
    I hope that they're not pre-processed like EZX Nashville, tho, correct?

I have the Nashville EZX but I don't like using it because the pre-processing doesn't always match what I'm mixing.

No more than any engineer would normally pre-process.  IOW, if I put a mic in front of a tom, you bet that I may use a little EQ to tame a little ring that I can't get out through tuning and dampening.  Or I might have a limiter in there in case to prevent digital clipping.  There might be a little processing on the ambient mic channels.  Nothing to compare to the EZX libraries which are definitely pre-processed because of their target market.

My music.
    Dave Modisette
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/27 17:38:41 (permalink)
    Mod Bod

craigfowler

Beagle

I had a few minutes to compare the libraries.

There is a Slingerland Kick with two approaches (open and closed) that isn't in Nashville and another set of PB Drum Co samples.

The snare has a Rogers Powertone.

Toms include a Slingerland kit

There are also more articulations available.  I counted 5 more for just the snare.

My music.
    craigfowler
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/27 20:57:18 (permalink)
    Excellent - sounds like an interesting set up!
    Beagle
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/27 21:04:58 (permalink)
    thanks dave!

Truckermusic
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/28 14:01:10 (permalink)
    If I am not mistaken... Music City is not one of the SD expansion packs on sale.......

at least the ad did not specify it......it did say that the metal foundry, Custom and Vintage and the Hit factory (I think that is the other expansion pack....I get it mixed up with Avatar kit) ...are all on sale.....but not Music City..... (but I do hope I'm wrong here as well cause I really like that expansion pack)

It also said that all the EZ Drummer Expansion packs are on sale..........but not the music city......but as I've said before.....christmas is just around the corner and I bet if it is not on sale now for Christmas it will be!!!!!!!!!!

Cliff

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    Beagle
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/28 14:15:22 (permalink)
    well that's a bummer!  that's really the only one I am interested in right now.

Truckermusic
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/29 08:04:13 (permalink)
    Beagle

well that's a bummer!  that's really the only one I am interested in right now.

Reece
    Same for me.......Now like I said ithe ad does not mention Music City as being on sale but that does not mean it is not....so I will check when I am there on Friday becuase I've always wanted to pick up the EZ Electronic expansion pack......

But if you like me, If Music City is not on sale I am set to wait until it does........which I am thinking Christmas we'll have our chance.......

Clifford

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    Beagle
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/06/29 08:05:57 (permalink)
    yeah, I'm not paying full price for it right now.  I don't want it that badly.

Truckermusic
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/07/02 09:11:59 (permalink)
    Hey Reece
    I am going to go and get my copies today....

I will ask about music city and let you know if they just did not include it in the ad.

Cliff

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    Beagle
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/07/02 09:36:05 (permalink)
    I just looked on GC's website and they have the EZX's on sale but not Music City. 

I've almost come to the conclusion that I'm going to need to buy a new piano soundfont, tho.  Kontakt is not importing my gigapiano and I'm going to have to have a good piano sound to replace it if I can't get it imported.

craigfowler
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/07/02 12:26:57 (permalink)
    Beagle - If you like the sounds, Sampletekk have one of their regular 50-60% off deals running right now. Lots of very nice pianos for as low as $25 after the discount.
    Beagle
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/07/02 12:33:41 (permalink)
    yeah, I've already got some of their stuff.  I have the 7CG Jr but I'm not all that impressed with it.  I also have the Old Lady.

they're great for the price (on sale that Per does occassionally) but they're not as good as GPII, IMO, and I want something at least as good as GPII.

batsbrew
    • Total Posts : 10037
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/07/02 12:42:32 (permalink)
    just let me know when there is a deal on the upgrade from EZDrummer to Superior, that's what i want to do.

Bats Brew music Streaming
    Bats Brew albums:
    "Trouble"
    "Stay"
    "The Time is Magic"
    --
    Sonar 6 PE>Bandlab Cakewalk>Studio One 3.5>RME BFP>i7-7700 3.6GHz>MSI B250M>G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB>Samsung 960 EVO m.2ssd>W 10 Pro

mgh
    • Total Posts : 8594
    Re:EZ Drumer EX. Packs on sale next week end at Guitar Center $39 2010/07/02 12:58:14 (permalink)
    can't you just DI your Privia, Reece? that's what i do...admittedly if you need an upfront rock piano it might not be the best tone for that...

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1