EZplayer Pro - SONAR no longer needs a midi groove browser.

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
kaylen
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 336
RE: EZplayer Pro - SONAR no longer needs a midi groove browser. 2008/05/18 15:51:09 (permalink)
I got my EZPlayer pro but cant find it in sonar,it shows up in P5 but I want to preview midi in sonar any ideas? is there another thread about its use?

Music is as useless and unimportant as life itself
Kaylen, 
Win 7 Home pr,  6GB DDR3,  intel2120
X2P, 
Battery 4,   BFD2,    BFD Eco,   EZdrmr 
Finale 2012

Dave Modisette
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11050
RE: EZplayer Pro - SONAR no longer needs a midi groove browser. 2008/05/18 18:20:13 (permalink)
Did you do a custom install and place ezplayer.dll in the Cakewalk/VSTplugins folder? If not the go to Options>Global>VST Plugins>VST Scan Folders>Add. Then use the browser to show the VST scanner where ezplayer.dll is on your DAW. After that, press the SCAN VST Folder button.

post edited by Mod Bod - 2008/05/18 18:40:01

Dave Modisette ... rocks a Purrrfect Audio Studio Pro rig.

http://www.gatortraks.com 
My music.
... And of course, the Facebook page. 
Dave Modisette
RE: EZplayer Pro - SONAR no longer needs a midi groove browser. 2008/05/18 18:49:22 (permalink)
First tip:

Notice the little lock icon in the center bar next to the play button. If you engage that, you can hear the groove at it's original tempo. That really helps to see if you are pushing the limits with your tempo change.

How's everyone liking the KIT PIECES? I use that instead of the pattern paint brush. I pull individual components down on the Arranger and create custom beats based on Grooves in a folder. Let's say I have a groove in the Nashville Collection but I want a ride cymbal instead of a closed tight hi hat? I use the KIT PIECES to drag the kick and snare into the arranger. I then search out a groove with a ride cymbal part that matches what I want. I then just drag the ride cymbal into the arranger also. I audition the three pieces to make sure everything is working together. I lasso all the pieces and DnD the new groove into SONAR.

But before I go too far, what if I want to use that groove some other time at a later date? I DnD the grooves back into the EZPP browser/librarian view and create a unique name for it.

MAJOR UNAPPROVED FACTORY TIP FOLLOWS:

If you try to DnD the groove you just created into the same folder where you got it, you will notice that EZPP will not allow you to do that. Toon has that locked out to protect the inexperienced. They want you to save the files in the My Midifiles folder. But Dave doesn't want to save it there. He wants it with the other Nashville grooves that it was based on. So how does he get around that?

Well..... all you have to do is to make a copy of the entire EZdrummer folder tree by using Windows Explore and Ctrl-dragging the EZD midi folder outside the factory folder tree. I created a copy of all the grooves in the My Midi Files. Now I access all of my EZX grooves from that area and I'm free to create whatever hybrid groove that I want and I can save it right back where I would expect it to be.

You don't HAVE to save the folder tree there but EZdrummer won't be able to find them if you don't. I hardly ever use the EZD groove interface any more but the EZD interface has better sync than EZPP because it's not using the VST midi out to drive another plugin.

My music.
kaylen
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 336
RE: EZplayer Pro - SONAR no longer needs a midi groove browser. 2008/05/18 22:50:49 (permalink)
Thanks Dave that worked Ive been concentrateing on my buissness more than music this last year and am a bit out of it ,

Music is as useless and unimportant as life itself
Kaylen, 
Win 7 Home pr,  6GB DDR3,  intel2120
X2P, 
Battery 4,   BFD2,    BFD Eco,   EZdrmr 
Finale 2012

spindlebox
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2645
RE: EZplayer Pro - SONAR no longer needs a midi groove browser. 2008/05/19 20:40:23 (permalink)
Sorry for this post.

I can't get EZPP to work. I'm a bit of a bonehead when it comes to setting outputs. Any chance of someone being able to walk me through it.

I read the PDF, and I'm afraid that some of those MIDI channels, etc., are a bit confusing.

I read the following, and did step #1 and the first 2 bullet points. The 3rd bullet point is where it starts getting foggy (so you can see my inexperience showing):

Setting up Cakewalk Sonar

EZplayer requires Sonar version 5 or later (previous versions do not support key
functionality necessary for operations).

Before you start, you should make sure that you are familiar with how to operate
Virtual Instruments in your host and that you have a copy of YFDS (Your Favourite
Drum Sampler) configured for Audio and MIDI playback.

1) Inserting the plugin:
• Open the Synth Rack and insert EZplayer as a VST
• Make sure you select the ‘First Synth Output’ option
• Still in the Property box enable MIDI Output (what? Which one?)

2) Setting up: (OK, now I'm lost)
• Insert YFDS, complete with Audio Outputs and Source MIDI track
• Set the Input of the MIDI track assigned to YFDS to EZplayer
• In EZplayer, choose the appropriate MIDI Output format for YFDS
• Select a groove in EZplayer and press Play

3) Building a drum track:
• Once you have found the right groove, simply drag and drop the MIDI file to the
MIDI track with YFDS in the Arrangement View.

• Add additional grooves from EZplayer to create your new drum track.

HELP? Any more consice directions would be greatly appreciated. Walk me through. Pretty pictures? I may not be the only bonehead around here.

Thanks in advance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mbncp
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 396
RE: EZplayer Pro - SONAR no longer needs a midi groove browser. 2008/05/19 21:02:47 (permalink)
>> Still in the Property box enable MIDI Output (what? Which one?)

In the synth rack right click on the little [ symbol under the plug name (shows a popup menu, Enable MIDi out), make sure it's checked.

>> 2) Setting up: (OK, now I'm lost)
Add your drum sampler (audio+midi tracks), in the midi track click on the Input Port setting, you will see that you have a new port, EZplayer in this case. Select it.

It would be a lot easier if vst-midi plugs could be added in the midi fx bin, but who wants to leave in a reapers world ;)

stratcat33511
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3636
RE: EZplayer Pro - SONAR no longer needs a midi groove browser. 2008/05/20 10:32:35 (permalink)
LOVE those kit pieces !
Dave Modisette
RE: EZplayer Pro - SONAR no longer needs a midi groove browser. 2008/06/15 17:03:36 (permalink)
There is a nice tutorial available at http://www.toontrack.com/tutorials.asp#top

It will show you some features to help you decide whether or not EZplayer Pro might be of use to you. I picked up a tip that I hadn't realized myself.

My music.
Jonbouy
  • Total Posts : 22562
RE: EZplayer Pro - SONAR no longer needs a midi groove browser. 2008/08/03 13:00:24 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Mod Bod

AND REWIRE ISN'T REQUIRED.

Does that in itself make any difference? Why would that in itself be a feature worth shouting about?

Surely Rewire is just a multi-channel Audio/Midi In/Out that similarly equipped apps can use to send audio back to the host app, so it is equipped with it's own Audio out just like any other VSTi. In fact looking at an earlier post I see there were/are some problems with that VSTi out, and again some difficulties setting up EZPP above in a project, and a quote of your own citing the use of EZD to provide better sync. None of these things has ever been a problem for me with Rewire.

If it had Rewire capability wouldn't that add to its flexibility?

I can't see where this of itself is a feature.
post edited by Jonbouy - 2008/08/03 13:37:03

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
Dave Modisette
RE: EZplayer Pro - SONAR no longer needs a midi groove browser. 2008/08/03 19:42:20 (permalink)
I can't see where this of itself is a feature.
Not a feature as much as a personal preference. P5V3 requires rewire to be able to use it in SONAR. I found it a total pain in the backside.

My music.
Jonbouy
  • Total Posts : 22562
RE: EZplayer Pro - SONAR no longer needs a midi groove browser. 2008/08/03 20:02:53 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mod Bod

I found it a total pain in the backside.

Really? In what way?

It syncs with the host, gives 64 channels of Audio and Midi, enables a lot of cross-platform compatibility, and is not any more complicated to kick off than inserting a Soft Synth.

I can understand your enthusiasm for the product you may be a beta-tester for but I don't understand how inferring claims that a good and useful technology should be dismissed by citing it in caps as not being required is necessarily good marketing strategy.

IMO EZPP is a great candidate for the inclusion of Rewire capability to make it even more universally appealing especially as it is one of the few programs that are enlighted enough to actively support RDK as well as all the usual modules.

Some folk like to be correctly informed and look beyond hype which can be a tad off-putting.

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
Vegegoku101
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: EZplayer Pro - SONAR no longer needs a midi groove browser. 2008/10/27 23:07:07 (permalink)
Hi I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the problem im having with ez player pro. Ive recently changed my DAW from cubase sx 3 to Sonar 7.0.2 due to getting a new PC with vista home 64 bit. Basically superior drummer and ez player pro work great as the combined solo program but when I try to load them into Sonar I get no sound from the list of EZ player Grooves, and I cannot drag and drop anything from it onto any track - getting an 'error: cant load or find' sort of message:\?? I thought maybe id Installed it wrong So I re-installed that and still get the same problem...I also reinstalled my copy of ezdrummer and drumkit from hell and I cant drop any grooves from them into a track either despite them being incorporated into the same plug-in so I think maybe its a problem even before any input and output routing take place....Sorry if all this is a stupid question but im very new to Sonar and finding it more complex than Cubase especially never knowing if its somewhere ive gone wrong or if its just a problem with all the lack of stability in vista 64:). Any help would be greatly appreciated as now im stuck without anyway to really continue my tracks.

Adam
Philip
Max Output Level: -34.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4062
RE: EZplayer Pro - SONAR no longer needs a midi groove browser. 2008/10/30 00:48:51 (permalink)
Not stupid ... also nice to be the first to welcome you.

A similar quirk occurs for me, too.

Make sure you have Midi-enabled (right click the EZP in lower LT corner on the synth rack and make sure Midi-enabled is checked)

You may need to have Superior drum synth track selected (with the mouse) for EZP to *link* to Superior drummer. (I think this might be your case.)

Philip  
(Isa 5:12 And the harp, and the viol, the tabret, and pipe, and wine, are in their feasts: but they regard not the work of the LORD)

Raised-Again 3http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12307501
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1