Tele Thru Amp Sim Example Please

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Joe Bravo
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1870
RE: Tele Thru Amp Sim Example Please 2007/06/18 23:10:31 (permalink)
I don't know. To each his own I suppose, but I wasn't much impressed with the Womanizer samples. They had one with a tele called "TeleRock" that was pretty typical of British amp sounds--not at all what I'm after. Most of the amp sound samples they had sounded like a HiWatt to me. That just ain't me.

Here's what my 335 sounds like thru the V-Amp2 set to the Mesa Boogie MarkIIC w/ a single 12" speaker. Not tele like at all, but a great sound for the 335 or a Les Paul. And it really does sound just like a MarkIIC.

Kilmeny Part2

Pardon My Guitar
coldsteal2
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 741
RE: Tele Thru Amp Sim Example Please 2007/06/19 04:16:25 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Joe Bravo

I don't know. To each his own I suppose, but I wasn't much impressed with the Womanizer samples. They had one with a tele called "TeleRock" that was pretty typical of British amp sounds--not at all what I'm after. Most of the amp sound samples they had sounded like a HiWatt to me. That just ain't me.

Here's what my 335 sounds like thru the V-Amp2 set to the Mesa Boogie MarkIIC w/ a single 12" speaker. Not tele like at all, but a great sound for the 335 or a Les Paul. And it really does sound just like a MarkIIC.

Kilmeny Part2

Pardon My Guitar

Boy that sound exactly like a Mesa Boogie, i know because i a couple of them
I forget about how different from a Marshall they sound.
They have the unmistakable Fender tone but with sustain of a cranked
Soldano.

Intel Core 2 Duo 6600
Intel Extreme Edition 975BX2KR Mobo
2Gigs DDR2 667
2 250Gig WD SATA
E-Mu 1616M PCI
SB X-Fi Fatality Pro
NVidia 8800 GTS
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=678085
http://www.myspace.com/coldsteal2
coldsteal2
RE: Tele Thru Amp Sim Example Please 2007/06/19 04:25:00 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Brett

Yeah I love it, the other model the Demonizer gives a higher gain sound. I just wanted an all round useful pop rock sound - not a million different sounds. I was using a Boss GT3 which was great but I don't use a lot of effects and the clean sounds didn't work for me. I kept it incase I need a multieffects processor but I've never used it.

I tested nearly everything available, while most did good distortion sounds it was those in between sounds where they all failed.
* the Marshall rack is great but you sound like you are playing a Marshall
* the Sans Amp rack had some great sounds but the critical sounds for me are the little bit dirty clean sounds. Maybe it's just too complicated to work out in a shop. The Sans Amp pedal, the Classic(?) works when I want to sound like Kurt Cobain (although an amp sim isn't really going to help!)
* I used old Pods but didn't like the lag, I couldn't feel my guitar. I know the new Pods are better but most of these virtual systems left me feeling disconnected from my guitar.

The Hughes and Kettner Tubeman is lovely as well, I like the three channel approach, clean, crunch, high gain, and I may even use one live, but the sound is that hard edged sound typical of H&K. I reckon it would really sparkle with a Tele.

Brett

My Seymor Duncan Guitar Preamp sounds almost identical to that,
its a three tube preamp that can stack the outputs on top of each other
and get everything from Fender Clean to Marshall Crunch and hi gain in the third
step. Actualy it has four steps, I should use my Duncan Preamp more, the only
reason i dont is that its in a rack mount with my Alessis Quadraverb and takes
up too much space. But i havent even thought of useing if for recording,
now i just might dig her out again, they dont even make them anymore.

Intel Core 2 Duo 6600
2Gigs DDR2 667
2 250Gig WD SATA
E-Mu 1616M PCI
SB X-Fi Fatality Pro
NVidia 8800 GTS
Brett
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 534
RE: Tele Thru Amp Sim Example Please 2007/06/19 04:43:51 (permalink)

Yeah that V-Amp sounds nice and I do like the Mesa Boogie sound, but then again I like everything.

coldsteal, that preamp seems to be out of production now. According to the web site they make a product SFX-03 twin tube classic but I haven't seen it.

Brett

coldsteal2
RE: Tele Thru Amp Sim Example Please 2007/06/19 04:50:08 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Brett

Yeah that V-Amp sounds nice and I do like the Mesa Boogie sound, but then again I like everything.

coldsteal, that preamp seems to be out of production now. According to the web site they make a product SFX-03 twin tube classic but I haven't seen it.

Brett

Yea i bought that way back in 93, and even then it was the only one
in the store in Sacramento. I hope it never blows on me.
Its cool to it comes with a four button footwitch thats real convieint
on stage. I wish is was a smaller design, my recording area is Limited
thats why i like the PODxt so much but i am a Tube lover, i also have a
100 watt and 50 watt tube marshall, but they are limited to the marshall
sound.

Intel Core 2 Duo 6600
2Gigs DDR2 667
2 250Gig WD SATA
E-Mu 1616M PCI
SB X-Fi Fatality Pro
NVidia 8800 GTS
Joe Bravo
RE: Tele Thru Amp Sim Example Please 2007/06/19 20:42:29 (permalink)
"They have the unmistakable Fender tone but with sustain of a cranked Soldano."

I don't know anything about Saldano amps. To me the Boogie Mark series sounds a little like a beefed up Bandmaster or Concert amp from the 60's. It's got that sound of a broken up speaker rather than an overdriven tube. I much prefer analog distortion with a 335/Les Paul because it tends to capture that overdriven speaker sound really well, and the Mark series has a really good solid state analog overdriven speaker sound, yet it gives you the pick dynamics of a tube.

On the other hand, a tele or strat seem to generally sound better if you're overdriving the pre-amp tube. Also, a Les Paul with soap bar pickups sounds better overdriving a tube in my opinion. I guess it's something about single coils.
Joe Bravo
RE: Tele Thru Amp Sim Example Please 2007/06/19 20:45:56 (permalink)
"Yeah that V-Amp sounds nice and I do like the Mesa Boogie sound, but then again I like everything."

Yeah, everything has it's place. I always made fun of those old National amps with the car uphostry covering, but I have to admit that John Fogerty made em work pretty well. And listen to those samples Roger (RLD) left a few responses back. He's always gotten the best strat/POD sounds I've ever heard, and totally convincing. You'd never know it was a POD.
post edited by Joe Bravo - 2007/06/19 20:51:55
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1