OT: Mac Pro dudes...For audio Boot Camp or Parallels

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
edd999
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
RE: OT: Mac Pro dudes...For audio Boot Camp or Parallels 2008/09/07 15:28:31 (permalink)
OK guys, ive tried everything. The hotfix, the registry edit, and still nothing has changed. Im going to phone mackie tomorrow and i pray they can help me sort it.

RTGraham
Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1824
RE: OT: Mac Pro dudes...For audio Boot Camp or Parallels 2008/09/08 02:36:20 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: edd999
"After you install this update, if you add a host controller for a new 1394 device to your computer, you must add or modify the SidSpeed entry in the Windows registry for the new 1394 host controller. To do this, follow these steps:"

When it says if you add a host controller for a new device, does that mean that something can be added manually or is a host controller added when i install the drivers for my Mackie Satellite??

No, it means that the SidSpeed registry edit only applies to FireWire host adapters currently in your system - if you add a new FireWire controller (i.e. a PCI card for extra FireWire ports), you will have to manually edit the SidSpeed registry setting for that new adapter, otherwise it will default to the "100" speed behavior.
edd999
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
RE: OT: Mac Pro dudes...For audio Boot Camp or Parallels 2008/09/08 07:48:01 (permalink)
OK, spoken to Mackie and in all honesty they weren't really that heplpful. But I guess understandably because my unit works correctly (in OSX). But he has said that he has had lots of people with problems in bootcamp and audio interfaces. Not just firewire either, hes had people with USB interfaces getting problems. He basically didnt recommend using boot camp for audio production lol. Anyway, for now, I really do still want to use Windows and its looking as though I'm going to have to try anotehr interface. I have succesfully used an M-Audio USB interface so I'm probably going to go down that root and get maybe a Fast Track Pro or maybe an Edirol UA-25. Doesn't have anywhere near as many features as the Onyx Satellite but its around the same price (AND WILL WORK fingers crossed).

Thank for all your help guys, but I think im giving up. To a machine. I apologise to the human race.
post edited by edd999 - 2008/09/08 08:14:08
inmazevo
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3276
RE: OT: Mac Pro dudes...For audio Boot Camp or Parallels 2008/09/08 10:58:21 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: edd999
OK, spoken to Mackie and in all honesty they weren't really that heplpful. But I guess understandably because my unit works correctly (in OSX). But he has said that he has had lots of people with problems in bootcamp and audio interfaces. Not just firewire either, hes had people with USB interfaces getting problems. He basically didnt recommend using boot camp for audio production lol. Anyway, for now, I really do still want to use Windows and its looking as though I'm going to have to try anotehr interface. I have succesfully used an M-Audio USB interface so I'm probably going to go down that root and get maybe a Fast Track Pro or maybe an Edirol UA-25. Doesn't have anywhere near as many features as the Onyx Satellite but its around the same price (AND WILL WORK fingers crossed).

Thank for all your help guys, but I think im giving up. To a machine. I apologise to the human race.

Sorry it didn't work out.
I tested an Onyx Satellite with my Macbook 2.16 last year... it worked on both the Windows side and the Mac side of it. But I didn't really like the interface that much, so I took it back, and finally ended up with a Focusrite Saffire, which also works under both Windows and Mac sides.

IIRC, there was a firmware update for the Satellite.

- zevo
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1