Multiple outputs for JS2

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Robomusic
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8943
RE: Multiple outputs for JS2 2008/09/08 01:11:23 (permalink)
The step by step was good Stratster, i liked it alot. all help is good. We are in this mess together

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
Music Town
57Gregy
  • Total Posts : 14404
RE: Multiple outputs for JS2 2008/09/08 01:19:23 (permalink)
And it's a fine mess we've gotten ourselves into, (Laurel & Hardy)

Greg 
I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
Nutty
Max Output Level: -54.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2056
RE: Multiple outputs for JS2 2008/10/03 14:35:54 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Robomusic

Okay here is the bottom line after a bit of experimenting.

Let's say you have JS setup with a drum track in it, or following a midi, audio or what ever jam. So it plays.

Then go to the kit window and set JS with the green drop down arrow to output to 8.

Now take a look at the audio track in the synth rack setup. It should say "Jamstix2 1 primary out" or something similar in the "I" or input box.

Then just right click in the gray blank track area below any existing tracks and add 7 new audio tracks.

In each track under "I" for input, set each one to a separate input off JS there will be 2 thru 8 then it will play eanch of the 8 outputs on a separate track, effects, volume, and panning can be adjusted for all of them individually.

I never did get this to work. Rob P. did you get it to work?

I just tried it again and I think this is where I stumbled last time. I've added the 7 audio tracks. When I go to the input to select Jamstix, I only get 4 instances of Jamstix. Each instance gives you the choice of left, right, or stereo. So how do I get the 8 drum parts? I tried inserting the 4 and it does give the different parts, but how do you identify which they are for the non-drummer?

EDIT: Alternatively, is something that can be adjusted in Jamstix? Maybe that would be the easier way to go?

Thanks.
post edited by Nutty - 2008/10/03 14:43:57

Nutty /Annette
http://www.soundclick.com/atmmusic
Using: Sonar 8 Studio; Band in a Box; PreSonus Firebox; M-Audio Axiom 25; Mics: Audio Technica ATM610, MXL 990/991; M-Audio Studiophile AV 30 Reference Speakers and many guitars
Guitarhacker
  • Total Posts : 24398
RE: Multiple outputs for JS2 2008/10/03 14:50:28 (permalink)
You know...I have not found a reason yet to want to split the outputs into more than one....

I know it can do 4 and 8 outputs.....but why???

For me... maybe I'm just thick as a brick.... (JT pun) ...but JS2 sounds good to me in just one track.... I'm not into the nitpicking aspects of tuning my drum tracks using the individual instruments & cymbals....

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
Beagle
  • Total Posts : 50621
RE: Multiple outputs for JS2 2008/10/03 15:52:39 (permalink)
Loved the flute sounds in JT!!!

as far as splitting the outputs to more than one, yes, I do it (not in JS, of course but in EZD or whatever drum program I'm using) because I have more control over each piece of the kit. if the cymbals are ringing too much, I can tame them with separate EQ, or if the snare is too loud compared to the rest of the kit, I can turn its slider down. and I can EQ the kick to be able to share the space with the bass.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
JD1813
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 813
RE: Multiple outputs for JS2 2008/10/03 15:56:17 (permalink)
Actually I can't wait to get into JS2 since I bought the thing awhile back now, but I'm still not out of the woods with "strange unpredictable problems" in my MC4 DAW, so I'm forcing myself to hold off, because I may even reformat and reload a new system before much longer. I just cannot seem to get my piano synth to record right for anything, and it leaves me crippled in trying to add the parts in that I need. I actually have percs and drums covered enough through other means - I have Drum Loops Pro and SI drums - so I need to get the rest of the system diags done before I delve further into soft synths and JS2.... but I'm gonna get there soon...... and meanwhile I'm collecting all the notes you all are posting on it, so keep at it!

-John  *Acer Notebook Win7 Pro-x64 /Edirol USB UA-4FX/SP B1 Mic/Sonar PE X2a; Alesis QS-7 & Ovation 12-String.  Site: www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1007877

Technology drives me to drink. Fortunately, it's a short drive..
Nutty
RE: Multiple outputs for JS2 2008/10/03 17:21:32 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Beagle
as far as splitting the outputs to more than one, yes, I do it (not in JS, of course but in EZD or whatever drum program I'm using) because I have more control over each piece of the kit. if the cymbals are ringing too much, I can tame them with separate EQ, or if the snare is too loud compared to the rest of the kit, I can turn its slider down. and I can EQ the kick to be able to share the space with the bass.

I agree. I have a project now where the beat is great, but the hits on cymbals are in the wrong place. Usually Jamstix recognizes the markers? So I will have to figure out how to fix this (probably in Jamstix?). Or, go for another style and/or drummer. Sometimes I find the kick too strong and similar things that Beagle has mentioned above.

Thanks.

Nutty /Annette
Using: Sonar 8 Studio; Band in a Box; PreSonus Firebox; M-Audio Axiom 25; Mics: Audio Technica ATM610, MXL 990/991; M-Audio Studiophile AV 30 Reference Speakers and many guitars
Nutty
RE: Multiple outputs for JS2 2008/10/03 17:24:54 (permalink)
Beagle dt al

Just a thought. Do you have to set up the 8 tracks before hand to import EZ Drummer? I'm wondering if it is the same process? Also, the example I posted before using Reaper, the tracks were all named. The didn't happen for me when I did this earlier. There were not 8 instances of Jamstix to choose from. There were only 4 with right, left or stereo,

Nutty /Annette
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1