LockedV-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
creynolds
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 189
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/12 08:20:55 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ...wicked

Now that I look at it some more, the OP does a have a few good points. The end caps don't make much sense, they don't attach to rack ears nor do they attack to a carrying strap or handle, like a portable DAT would have (which is what this unit looks like).

His best point tho, is why is the unit a box and not a raked device? The V700 is raked, and tho people might use this standing up, that's still easier to do with a raked unit than to use this one sitting down. Plus, a rounded, raked unit slides into a laptop bag much more easily.

Well, it's too late now obviously! Maybe v2.0 they'll "ergo" it out? The MBox went through the same evolution. I won't hold it against Cake at all, just a note moving forward.

Thanks mate! Thank heavens somebody actually reads my comments in a constructive light. There is considerable room for improving the ergonomics and marketability of this product. Pretty sells. Ugly don't.

Rain Recording Nimbus. Sandybridge 2600k, 16gb Ram. Quadro FX 580, Roland Quad Capture. Avid Artist Mix and Transport. Loads of other cool stuff.
Marah
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 975
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/12 09:34:25 (permalink)
Related to that... web sites matter too in selling conveying something about the company and its products. The gap between the main CW and Sonar site and the site/pages they've made for the V Studio line is like the difference between a CRT and an LCD.

That said, for all the modern image spiff of the V Studio, does anyone else find themselves seeing and reading all the V's and VS's as 'versus'?

And what does V stand for anyway? It's not Virtual, is it? I mean, hardware makes things less virtual. No?

(Note the noise in the large text in the pic above is not my screen cap. That's what the site looks like.)
Susan G
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12016
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/12 09:40:31 (permalink)
I agree with your premise, but not with your conclusion. I agree that people care about what a device looks like, but I disagree that the device is visually unattractive, as I said earlier, and there's the rub! It's subjective. I can't think of anything much more subjective than what "looks nice".

Some of us embraced the iPod because of what it did or allowed us to do, and it was small, therefore easy to carry around. Personally, I think the actual initial design was silly, and I hated the Jog Wheel (still do).

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64
Susan G
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/12 10:08:54 (permalink)
Hi Marah-
That said, for all the modern image spiff of the V Studio, does anyone else find themselves seeing and reading all the V's and VS's as 'versus'?
And what does V stand for anyway? It's not Virtual, is it? I mean, hardware makes things less virtual. No?

(Note the noise in the large text in the pic above is not my screen cap. That's what the site looks like.)

No, I'm not seeing the "noise" in the pic in either your capture nor on the web site.

No, I don't read the V's or VS's as "versus".

I don't know what "V" stands for, but neither do I know what lots of other things stand for. It's a letter. It doesn't necessarily have to stand for anything!

-Susan

creynolds
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/12 15:37:51 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Susan G

Hi Marah-

No, I'm not seeing the "noise" in the pic in either your capture nor on the web site.

No, I don't read the V's or VS's as "versus".

I don't know what "V" stands for, but neither do I know what lots of other things stand for. It's a letter. It doesn't necessarily have to stand for anything!

-Susan

Hi Susan

Never clocked the V thing myself until it was pointed out here. Awful site. Black LCD and fuzzy nuclear lettering. Tastless.

Sonar Vs Tudio. The next video game movie franchise. 'Rise of the Silver net Surfer'

Cool!

I am frankly stunned by your ipod comments though. It holds so many design awards it is not possible to locate them all.
It is lauded the planet over as a revolution in design and ergonics. It is a complex multimedia player and yet it can be operated just using your thumb. There are few other example of design elegance married so perfectly with function. Some 173,000,000 have been sold as of mid 2008. I feel your thumbwheel hatred may be in somewhat of a minority.

Are you sure your operational difficulties are not related to some physical difficulty such as the lack of apposable digits.

Nice purple curtains behind your doggie by the way.

Rain Recording Nimbus. Sandybridge 2600k, 16gb Ram. Quadro FX 580, Roland Quad Capture. Avid Artist Mix and Transport. Loads of other cool stuff.
Marah
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/12 16:00:04 (permalink)

By noise I meant the stuff where it says, on the left above the pic of the device:

VS-700R
V-STUDIO I/O

ORIGINAL: creynolds

Black LCD and fuzzy nuclear lettering. Tastless.

Hmmm. I thought it was just a bad render. You think it's intentional? Ouch!

Either way, it makes it hard to read.

And speaking of hard to read... In the feature list on the right, the bullets are center vertical-adjusted with the text. I first noticed this when it looked like the second line from the bottom was missing an opening parenthesis around word 'simultaneous'.

By the way, I agree with Susan about the iPod. It's a clever and visually distinctive design. It's simple and usable, but so is the maze they make mice run for cheese. It's easy enough to learn, but it really shouldn't be necessary.
tarsier
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3029
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/13 10:46:45 (permalink)
It is a complex multimedia player and yet it can be operated just using your thumb.

Then how come I always end up playing the song after the one I want because the stupid wheel will click one more time just before I hit the center button. I guess my thumbs are just too big for the design geniuses at apple. It also seems to be a common complaint among iPod users I've talked to about it. I find the iPod interface somewhat frustrating because of that, but I'm always in the minority of such things.

As for the VS100, it packs a lot of features into a small package. I like it. The iPod has very few actual features, so it can get away with a minimal interface. To get some of the missing features that I wanted on my iPod, I tried out Rockbox. But since the physical interface of the iPod is so limited, it was too much of a pain to use Rockbox on it. I went back to the stock iPod interface and its limited feature set.
PhilHarmonic
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/14 01:48:14 (permalink)

Manufacturers should not slave over product for a year or more then stick their masterpiece in a dowdy, dark square metallic brick and then shove it at the consumer.

Good design makes products look current and vital. I really think most users do give a damn. In fact I think most people give a damn how they present there studios and gear. The choice to buy a piece of gear should always include whether it "looks" nice or not. If Cakewalk had made this device more visually attractive,
I believe they would sell more and that would be good for all us devotees.

Well this just goes to show how desensitized the "average" consumer, such as yourself, has become with regards to their gear purchases. And when has Cakewalk ever "shoved" any product at consumers? And furthermore, do you really believe after all the hard work they've already put into the unit they're going to redo the whole design because you think it looks like a "dark square metallic brick"? Obviously not. And no, for the true professional, sound will always come before appearance! But that's just one out of many ways to tell the difference between pros and amateurs.

FW-1884 - Sonar 8 PE - Stanton STR8.150 - Dynaudio BM6A MKII - Brauner VM1 - D.W. Fearn VT.2
Marah
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/14 02:18:44 (permalink)
I don't think any body here is saying that appearance should come BEFORE sound. What's being said is that appearance does matter when it comes to something you'll be working with, hands-on and eyes-on, while making music.

To what extent does it matter?

Well, whether or not it was explicitly stated in this thread (or others like it), the context here (and the subtext too) isn't the V-Studio itself but how and if and whether it will factor into Cakewalk's industry position. What are its market prospects? Even if everyone here (including all the no-nothing "amateurs") decided that what the thing looks like doesn't matter and all that counts is how it sounds and works, they'd still have to acknowledge that out in the marketplace, it DOES matter how the thing looks.

I think the VS-100 looks like a medical device. Ironic then, that it's also a form of life support for leveraging the aging Cakewalk/Sonar line.

ORIGINAL: PhilHarmonic

But that's just one out of many ways to tell the difference between pros and amateurs.

Oh please.

There are some who would say it's only the rare delusional "professional" who would use Sonar anyway.

That's also a market perception.

post edited by Marah - 2009/05/14 02:34:14
creynolds
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/14 09:33:27 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: tarsier

It is a complex multimedia player and yet it can be operated just using your thumb.

Then how come I always end up playing the song after the one I want because the stupid wheel will click one more time just before I hit the center button. I guess my thumbs are just too big for the design geniuses at apple. It also seems to be a common complaint among iPod users I've talked to about it. I find the iPod interface somewhat frustrating because of that, but I'm always in the minority of such things.

Sorry, I was using the ipod as a design example. I cannot help you with your large thumbs and ipod operational problems.
As for the VS100, it packs a lot of features into a small package. I like it.

Great! You bought one then? Or did you decide it was too damned ugly
The iPod has very few actual features, so it can get away with a minimal interface. To get some of the missing features that I wanted on my iPod, I tried out Rockbox. But since the physical interface of the iPod is so limited, it was too much of a pain to use Rockbox on it. I went back to the stock iPod interface and its limited feature set.

Would be interesting if that was the point of this thread. But it isn't.

PhilHarmonic
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/14 10:15:03 (permalink)
Marah

There are some who would say it's only the rare delusional "professional" who would use Sonar anyway.

I don't know what professionals you know, but I've never known a professional to be "delusional". How the hell would they be a professional if they were!? My posts were simply meant to bring all you flash fancied amateurs back down to earth. Get a life, and stop bashing the hard working pros at Cakewalk just because you don't agree with how it looks. Dont like it? Then don't buy it!
post edited by PhilHarmonic - 2009/05/14 10:36:24

FW-1884 - Sonar 8 PE - Stanton STR8.150 - Dynaudio BM6A MKII - Brauner VM1 - D.W. Fearn VT.2
creynolds
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/14 10:15:37 (permalink)

Well this just goes to show how desensitized the "average" consumer, such as yourself, has become with regards to their gear purchases.

Ok here we go with the insults. Why can't we just discuss matters without resorting to personal slurs. You don't agree? Fine, just disagree.
Please don't refer to me as 'average' and 'desensitised'. What does that mean by the way? I am sensitive to my gear that's what this whole thread is about.

And when has Cakewalk ever "shoved" any product at consumers?

Er.. the debacle that was Sonar 8.00.

And furthermore, do you really believe after all the hard work they've already put into the unit they're going to redo the whole design because you think it looks like a "dark square metallic brick"? Obviously not.

Obviously not.

And no, for the true professional, sound will always come before appearance!

I take it you are talking on behalf of all the true professionals out there. Yes, sound will always come before appearance,
I have never disputed that. It does not preclude the employing of a talented designer to package your beautifully sounding product
in a lovley casing that complements your gorgeous sonic baby.

But that's just one out of many ways to tell the difference between pros and amateurs.

I take it from your obsession with labelling the inept as amateurs that you consider yourself a 'true professional'. That in itself is repugnant.

creynolds
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/14 10:38:24 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Marah

I don't know what professionals you know, but I've never known a professional to be "delusional". How the hell would they be a professional if they were!? My posts were simply meant to bring all you flash fancied amateurs back down to earth. Get a life, and stop bashing the hard working pros at Cakewalk just because you don't agree with how it looks.

I really think you should go back through this thread and reread all the comments I have made. I don't think you understand what we are discussing here. I think Cakewalk are great. I wouldn't be posting if I didn't think there was something to comment on. I think the device is let down by it's poor look. It could be more appealing. If it were it would sell more. If it sells more. Cakewalk make more money. With the money they make their products better. We win.

In this context (MARKETING) looks do count.

This thread was not aimed at getting into a lowbrow 'form over function' argument. I have reinforced this angle quite often. I have great respect for the guys at Cakewalk and have been a fan of Roland gear for many years. I really feel that the look of the new Cakewalk gear holds up badly against other products on the market in terms of look and design. This matters a lot for the reasons I have given above. Comments such as 'I think it's fine' and 'What does it matter as long as it sounds good' are not relevant in this sort of discussion.

PhilHarmonic
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/14 10:38:25 (permalink)
You really are just way over analytical then, huh? Stop ****ing and make music! And again....You don't like it? Then don't buy it!
post edited by PhilHarmonic - 2009/05/14 10:50:06

Brandon Ryan [Roland]
Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3458
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/14 10:48:23 (permalink)

I don't know what professionals you know, but I've never known a professional to be "delusional". How the hell would they be a professional if they were!? My posts were simply meant to bring all you flash fancied amateurs back down to earth. Get a life, and stop bashing the hard working pros at Cakewalk just because you don't agree with how it looks.

I really think you should go back through this thread and reread all the comments I have made. I don't think you understand what we are discussing here. I think Cakewalk are great. I wouldn't be posting if I didn't think there was something to comment on. I think the device is let down by it's poor look. It could be more appealing. If it were it would sell more. If it sells more. Cakewalk make more money. With the money they make their products better. We win.

This thread was not aimed at getting into a lowbrow 'form over function' argument. I have reinforced this angle quite often. I have great respect for the guys at Cakewalk and have been a fan of Roland gear for many years. I really feel that the look of the new Cakewalk gear holds up badly against other products on the market in terms of look and design. This matters a lot for the reasons I have given above. Comments such as 'I think it's fine' and 'What does it matter as long as it sounds good' are not relevant in this sort of discussion.

As I've said before, looks are subjective and I won't try to convince someone something is pretty if they dont think it is. Eye of the beholder and all that. However - Interestingly enough, all of the reviews for the VS-700 mention particularly how beautiful it is. I've physically seen it next to the competition and there's really no comparison. As for the VS-100, I would suggest one pick it up and actually hold it before you make a final judgment.

Oh and let's see if we can keep this thread relatively civil...we're doing so well.
post edited by Brandon Ryan [Cakewalk] - 2009/05/14 11:08:25

"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel." WG

SONAR Platinum | VS-700 | A-800 PRO | PCAL i7 with SSD running Windows 8 x64 | Samsung 27" LCD @ 1920x1080 | Blue Sky monitors with BMC | All kinds of other stuff
creynolds
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/14 10:49:01 (permalink)

You really are just way over analytical then, huh? Stop ****ing and make music! And again....You don't like it? Then don't buy it!

Nope. You still don't get the point. I am now officially ignoring all your future posts. Sorry mate life's to short. Best to you and yours

PhilHarmonic
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/14 10:58:44 (permalink)
You're pathetic Creynolds, GET A LIFE!!!

creynolds
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/14 11:10:12 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Brandon Ryan [Cakewalk]

As I've said before, looks are subjective and I won't try to convince someone something is pretty if they dont think it is. Eye of the beholder and all that. However - Interestingly enough, all of the reviews for the VS-700 mention particularly how beautiful it is. I've physically seen it next to the competition and there's really no comparison. As for the VS-100, I would suggest one pick it up and actually hold it before you make a final judgment.

Oh and let's ee if we can keep this thread relatively civil...we're doing so well.

Hi Brandon,
Thanks for jumping in. We are honoured.

Questions

Who did the hardware design? was it solely Roland people?
Was it made to slot into the Edirol Line? Same look etc.
Were several forms and colour schemes looked at?

I ask these questions because I am dismayed by shape and colour schemes employed in the VS range.

Dark blue surface with black knobs in a dim studio. That's just really hard to read.

Finally. . . .

The T-Bar on the VS 700. That was forced on you by the folks at Roland right? They had a load in the warehouse and said that it had to be there didn't they.
I was a video tape online editor for 22 years and used a huge range of vision mixers and to be honest even then I didn't use them. They are for live presentation nothing else.
I used to set the transition rate via my edit controller and never touched the T-bar.

Brandon Ryan [Roland]
Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3458
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/14 11:29:25 (permalink)

Hi Brandon,
Thanks for jumping in. We are honoured.

Questions

Who did the hardware design? was it solely Roland people?
Was it made to slot into the Edirol Line? Same look etc.
Were several forms and colour schemes looked at?

I ask these questions because I am dismayed by shape and colour schemes employed in the VS range.

Dark blue surface with black knobs in a dim studio. That's just really hard to read.

Finally. . . .

The T-Bar on the VS 700. That was forced on you by the folks at Roland right? They had a load in the warehouse and said that it had to be there didn't they.
I was a video tape online editor for 22 years and used a huge range of vision mixers and to be honest even then I didn't use them. They are for live presentation nothing else.
I used to set the transition rate via my edit controller and never touched the T-bar.

Hello Chris,

The design was joint between Cakewalk and Roland. Of course Roland is a big part of it as they have the experience in hardware. Edirol didn't factor in to the best of my knowledge. Tons of options were considered and many many factors come into play (manufacturing, available components, cost, durability, etc) I'm not going to say improvements can't be made (they almost always can), but I can't say I agree with your contention either. Keyboard, SOS, Resolution, etc magazines have all been extremely pleased with the design and more importantly with the quality of components and construction. So don't take my word for it...

The T-bar was not forced by Roland (although they were definitely in favor of it) and they certainly would not put something on a device simply because there were a bunch in the warehouse. They really are much more thoughtful than that as I've come to realize in working with them in recent years. Either way the T-bar is quite functional for X-ray control (which I use all the time) and is a multi-function controller. It's different for this type of device, yeah, but I don't think one should discount its usefulness (F/R balance, long throw ACT control, A/B roll). Either way, whether you use the T-bar or not it doesn't take away from the rest of the controller's benefits. Most people's visceral response to the T-bar is that they think it looks cool and they like manipulating things with it.

"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel." WG

SONAR Platinum | VS-700 | A-800 PRO | PCAL i7 with SSD running Windows 8 x64 | Samsung 27" LCD @ 1920x1080 | Blue Sky monitors with BMC | All kinds of other stuff
Marah
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/14 14:34:02 (permalink)

Marah

I don't know what professionals you know, but I've never known a professional to be "delusional". How the hell would they be a professional if they were!? My posts were simply meant to bring all you flash fancied amateurs back down to earth. Get a life, and stop bashing the hard working pros at Cakewalk just because you don't agree with how it looks. Dont like it? Then don't buy it!

Well, I said they were rare for a reason, and it wasn't to increase my word count.

I believe you missed the point of my post, which was prompted solely by your overplayed professional vs. amateur riff. (By the way, the "vs" in the previous sentence is not a reference to the VS line of products. And yes, these *last* two sentences ARE intended to increase my word count... which among pros counts more than post count.)

Just in case there's any confusion (since I am often critical of CW and Sonar), when I referred to the idea that "professionals" wouldn't use Sonar, that was only about the perception of some -- a perception I think is total nonsense.

Professionals will use whatever they want to do what they want.

In fact, if a true pro uses something that's perceived as less than pro or for some reason too amateur, she'd probably take every opportunity to let everyone know about it, if only to tweak those obsessed with their own professionalism.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to try and find my Sound Blaster in this box of discarded PCI boards. When I tap on it with a pencil, it really augments the kick in Superior Drummer 2.0.

xoxo,

Flash Fancied Amateur
tarsier
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3029
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/14 14:59:36 (permalink)

You brought up the iPod, I didn't. You said the VS-100 was ugly, and the iPod was elegant. My point was that the iPod pretty much does one simple thing moderately well for most people, but I find the interface fiddly. I brought up Rockbox to emphasize that the more features you pack into something, the more complicated the interface becomes. The VS-100 does a great many things. I don't yet know how well it does them, but since you've emphasized that the point of this thread is aesthetics, it really doesn't matter if I have actual experience with the box--just if I've seen the pictures.

creynolds, it seems like you're mainly getting upset that not everyone agrees with you. I certainly agree that aesthetics and ergonomics are vitally important. But I also tend towards the form-follows-function school of thought. If a device performs its functions well, and is easy to use (not simple to use, but easy to use--there is a distinction) then it will look good. And thus, until someone actually gets a VS-100 in studio and works with it for a while, they won't know if it's ugly or not.
Susan G
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/14 15:22:55 (permalink)
Hi Chris-
Are you sure your operational difficulties are not related to some physical difficulty such as the lack of apposable digits.

No need for personal attacks, IMO. I do, in fact, have nerve damage in my right hand that limits sensitivity to temperature and feel, but I do have "apposable" [sic] digits, and my left hand is fine. I still think it's easier than it should be to "thumb past" your selection on an iPod.

BTW, the picture of Ralf was taken in a motel, with frankly no consideration of the background (fake wood, not curtains). I just liked his expression, still do.

Thanks-

-Susan

Brando
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2776
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/15 08:35:54 (permalink)
Susan - class response as always.

Brando
Cakewalk, Studio One Pro, Reaper
Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
creynolds
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/16 13:05:16 (permalink)

Hi Chris-

No need for personal attacks, IMO. I do, in fact, have nerve damage in my right hand that limits sensitivity to temperature and feel, but I do have "apposable" [sic] digits, and my left hand is fine. I still think it's easier than it should be to "thumb past" your selection on an iPod.

BTW, the picture of Ralf was taken in a motel, with frankly no consideration of the background (fake wood, not curtains). I just liked his expression, still do.

Thanks-

-Susan

Susan. Please accept my apologies for my flippant and tasteless remarks. I had no idea you have an actual physical problem. The jibe at your doggie was also uncalled for. He is very sweet.

creynolds
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/16 13:06:38 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Brando

Thanks for chipping in Brando. Another 209 such comments and you will break the 1000 mark. Woohoo!!!

creynolds
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/16 13:30:04 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: tarsier

You brought up the iPod, I didn't. You said the VS-100 was ugly, and the iPod was elegant. My point was that the iPod pretty much does one simple thing moderately well for most people, but I find the interface fiddly. I brought up Rockbox to emphasize that the more features you pack into something, the more complicated the interface becomes. The VS-100 does a great many things. I don't yet know how well it does them, but since you've emphasized that the point of this thread is aesthetics, it really doesn't matter if I have actual experience with the box--just if I've seen the pictures.

I felt that you were going quite seriously off topic. But to respond. I disagree that what the ipod does is simple. I think it makes something quite complex quite simple. It looks sleek elegant and is carried with pride by millions of people. 173 million units sold. Are you honestly telling me it's pants? Its also a lot smaller than a 'rock ola' juke box.

creynolds, it seems like you're mainly getting upset that not everyone agrees with you. I certainly agree that aesthetics and ergonomics are vitally important. But I also tend towards the form-follows-function school of thought. If a device performs its functions well, and is easy to use (not simple to use, but easy to use--there is a distinction) then it will look good. And thus, until someone actually gets a VS-100 in studio and works with it for a while, they won't know if it's ugly or not.

Tarsier, I am honestly not getting upset at all. I am enjoying this thread a great deal and am very laid back about what people say. I am very pleased that people are talking about the look of these products and getting interested. Your comment >>I certainly agree that aesthetics and ergonomics are vitally important. But I also tend towards the form-follows-function school of thought.<< gave me a warm glow, even if you did cite 'form follows function' at the end.

I didn't really get the other bit though >>If a device performs its functions well, and is easy to use (not simple to use, but easy to use--there is a distinction) then it will look good.<< I can't see a great piece of kit repainting itself. If you are trying to say 'a great sounding piece of kit will always look good because its great' I will have to disagree with you. Sorry.

I'm still not upset by the way.

Brando
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2776
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/16 16:26:49 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Brando

Thanks for chipping in Brando. Another 209 such comments and you will break the 1000 mark. Woohoo!!!

As you should have noted, I was responding to Susan - you should learn some basic protocol - and some manners.
post edited by Brando - 2009/05/16 17:00:57

Brando
Cakewalk, Studio One Pro, Reaper
Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
PhilHarmonic
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/17 22:54:39 (permalink)
You and Creynolds....I swear to God. You both are absolutely ****ed with all this bullsh*t! In fact this entire f*cking thread is out of control! You two idiots really have nothing better to do than come on a forum and start sh*t with others who are really just looking for more information. After all, isn't that the whole point of a forum?!?

And I would hope, for your sake you little b*tch, that we don't ever meet in person cause I'll smack the sh*t outta you!

And as for you Creynolds, oh, that's right.....you're not responding to me anymore cause you're a weak little b*tch, too!

Well all I have to say to BOTH of you is GO F*CK YOURSELVES!!!

Marah
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/17 23:12:02 (permalink)

You and Creynolds....I swear to God. You both are absolutely ****ed with all this bullsh*t! In fact this entire f*cking thread is out of control! You two idiots really have nothing better to do than come on a forum and start sh*t with others who are really just looking for more information. After all, isn't that the whole point of a forum?!?

And I would hope, for your sake you little b*tch, that we don't ever meet in person cause I'll smack the sh*t outta you!

And as for you Creynolds, oh, that's right.....you're not responding to me anymore cause you're a weak little b*tch, too!

Well all I have to say to BOTH of you is GO F*CK YOURSELVES!!!

One of the things I like about this forum is that when you find a post you really like, you can use the Fwd button to send it to yourself. Your last one was a real keeper, PhilHarmonic. Oh god!!! I just got it! Your name... it's like a pun, isn't it? Wow that's so clever -- especially for a MUSIC forum! Is your first name actually Phil? Or did you totally make it up? I bet you did, you being such a professional and all.

Hope you're having a nice weekend.
Marah
RE: V-Studio 100!! Cakewalk please get a designer!! 2009/05/17 23:38:59 (permalink)

Thanks-

-Susan

Hi Susan. I've always really liked your avatar. You can tell the affection between the two of you. He looks like a very thoughtful dog. Despite their obvious differences, I think Ralf would have gotten on well with my Friedrich who, alas, passed just a year ago.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1