One Week Later !!!!!!! SOLVED!!!!!!!!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
jwh
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 754
Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/23 17:41:58 (permalink)
bitflipper

Wait a minute...don't leave us hanging, John! You never did find out what was actually occupying the ASIO driver and thereby preventing it from being accessed by the ASIO control panel. Was it Windows sounds? Some other audio application? A background process? That would be news we'd want to know!

Hi bit,
All I did was re-install my onboard realtek sound card, and it worked ,yes it's a native ASIO driver, and the share-drivers option is switched off. I don't know how or why but IT BL**DY WORKS and that's all that's important,if I knew how or why, I would tell you but I'm afraid I don't know.Again thanks for your help and interest.

Cheers
John 

i7/16GB RAM, Win 10 X 64, Sonar Platinum
Komplete Audio 6, HagstromF200P, Ibanez Talman, Fender Bass, Rokit 8 Monitors, Maschine MK2, TC Voicelive Touch, Spark LE  

http://www.reverbnation.com/thesubroom 
http://www.facebook.com/thesubroom   
NoKey
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 974
Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/23 18:13:58 (permalink)
jwh

bitflipper

Wait a minute...don't leave us hanging, John! You never did find out what was actually occupying the ASIO driver and thereby preventing it from being accessed by the ASIO control panel. Was it Windows sounds? Some other audio application? A background process? That would be news we'd want to know!

Hi bit,
All I did was re-install my onboard realtek sound card, and it worked ,yes it's a native ASIO driver, and the share-drivers option is switched off. I don't know how or why but IT BL**DY WORKS and that's all that's important,if I knew how or why, I would tell you but I'm afraid I don't know.Again thanks for your help and interest.

Cheers
John 
JWH,

It's good to hear all is OK again.

However, on the Realtek, where you say "it's a native ASIO driver", that does not make sense to me, for as far as I know, the Realtek inboard chips don't have native ASIO drivers yet.

So if the effort is for some certainty and control over problems, it seems to me that that statement may need attention...If not immediately, at its time.

Songs I've produced with Sonar LE: http://www.soundclick.com...ult.cfm?bandID=1086857
jwh
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 754
Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! 2010/07/23 19:49:17 (permalink)
NoKey

jwh

bitflipper

Hi bit,

Cheers
John 
JWH,

It's good to hear all is OK again.

However, on the Realtek, where you say "it's a native ASIO driver", that does not make sense to me, for as far as I know, the Realtek inboard chips don't have native ASIO drivers yet.

So if the effort is for some certainty and control over problems, it seems to me that that statement may need attention...If not immediately, at its time.

Hi NoKey,
Yes sorry my mistake, your correct, Realtek doesn't native ASIO drivers,I meant it was running through my V-Studio 20
using ASIO drivers, but with the shared drivers option un-checked,still don't know how it worked ? But I'm just happy
it did.

John 

i7/16GB RAM, Win 10 X 64, Sonar Platinum
Komplete Audio 6, HagstromF200P, Ibanez Talman, Fender Bass, Rokit 8 Monitors, Maschine MK2, TC Voicelive Touch, Spark LE  

http://www.reverbnation.com/thesubroom 
http://www.facebook.com/thesubroom   
daveny5
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16934
Re:One Week Later !!!!!!! SOLVED!!!!!!!! 2010/07/23 22:26:01 (permalink)
+1. I don't need to hear the little beeps and boops. I use the No Sounds theme. Otherwise, you get a beep in your recording and not realize it right away.

Dave
Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1