LockedHow are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Beagle
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 50621
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 21:20:07 (permalink)
NoKey

Beagle

just because it happened doesn't mean it's OK to post it here.  and just because we don't want to see it on this forum doesn't mean we want to put blinders on for what's happening in the world.  it's about what is acceptable for THIS forum.  and posting execution pictures on this forum is very poor taste.

I wonder if you object to churches having similar images.

With due respect, I'll ask you if you also happen to object to those, or if you find that is in good taste, and OK for family viewing?

This isn't a church and you didn't sign an agreement with all churches not to post objectional material.  you did for this forum.  you're comparing apples and oranges.  your picture is objectional and many people have politely asked you to remove it but you have refused and tried to rationalize that you're right and everyone else is wrong.

read the TOS that you agreed to.  you've been turned in for violating it.  not for posting pictures in a church.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
jhughs
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1179
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 21:21:28 (permalink)
In defense of the northerners: I grew up in Illinois, moved to Dallas for 7 years, got (sort of) used to the heat.  Then was at first amused by a "heat wave" in Chicago that wasn't as hot as a typical Dallas day in August (when the meteorologists can record two weeks of forecasts on a single day because it's always "Sunny with highs around 107 and low of 85"). 
It stopped being funny when people in Chicago started dying because they didn't have A/C, or windows that opened, or spicy salsas to open the pores, etc.

On a similar note, I was in Tampa last week.  Looked forward to getting back to "cooler" climes in Chicago.  Got off the plane at O'Hare and the humidity was appreciably higher than Tampa even at 11:30pm.  This reminds me why Autumn is my favorite season.

ASUS P5ND/Intel E8500, Line6 Toneport UX2/PODFarm, Sonar, Axiom 25, Blue Bluebird, Audio-Technica AT3035s, Blue Snowflake, Line6 Spider IV 150 & AMPLIFI, Crate 1

J Hughs Soundclick
RobertB
  • Total Posts : 11256
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 21:30:14 (permalink)
Beagle

actual hi today here in north central texas is 102.  heat index is 110.  we MIGHT get down to 99 this weekend.

The heat outside is definitely noticeable, but my job takes me into attics many times during the day. Depending on the house and time of day, temps can be in the 120-140 degree range. Sometimes the trusses are too hot to touch. Needless to say, you do what you need to do, and get out of there as quickly as possible.
Coming back down to 102 feels pretty darn good, and most of my customers meet me at the bottom of the ladder with a large glass of water.

My Soundclick Page
SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
Beagle
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 21:35:54 (permalink)
RobertB

Beagle

actual hi today here in north central texas is 102.  heat index is 110.  we MIGHT get down to 99 this weekend.

The heat outside is definitely noticeable, but my job takes me into attics many times during the day. Depending on the house and time of day, temps can be in the 120-140 degree range. Sometimes the trusses are too hot to touch. Needless to say, you do what you need to do, and get out of there as quickly as possible.
Coming back down to 102 feels pretty darn good, and most of my customers meet me at the bottom of the ladder with a large glass of water.

yes, and I wouldn't be able to do your job!  not in my physical condition!  my hat's off to you my friend!

Guitarhacker
  • Total Posts : 24398
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 21:36:22 (permalink)
Attics in the summer...... I can relate.... in the security biz I often have to enter attics to pull wire.  Under houses are cooler but the humidity and still air makes it oppressive and then coming out covered in dirt and sweat..... man that shower at the end of the day sure feels good.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
Doc_Hollingsworth
Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2289
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 21:37:50 (permalink)
Weather here in Idaho has been strange. Yesterday we got mid 60's. Today 80. Tomorrow 90+. strange isn't it?

Nokey=Troll. Must be a friend of Pistol Pete

Doc
MacBook Pro 15.4 Retina (mid 2015)
Focusrite Clarett 8PreX & OctoPre
Logic Pro X 10.2.4/Reason 9.2/Pro Tools 12.7
Long haired dachshund - requisite studio dog (no short hairs need apply - read the sign)

zungle
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2745
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 21:40:39 (permalink)
Weather here in Idaho has been strange. Yesterday we got mid 60's. Today 80. Tomorrow 90+. strange isn't it?

Sounds like our Puget Sound weather........
Doc_Hollingsworth
Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2289
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 21:42:49 (permalink)
zungle

Sounds like our Puget Sound weather........

Kinda does doesn't it. We had the rainto go with it too

Doc
MacBook Pro 15.4 Retina (mid 2015)
Focusrite Clarett 8PreX & OctoPre
Logic Pro X 10.2.4/Reason 9.2/Pro Tools 12.7
Long haired dachshund - requisite studio dog (no short hairs need apply - read the sign)

RobertB
  • Total Posts : 11256
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 22:04:40 (permalink)
Reece, yeah this is one of the most aggravating/ challenging/fun jobs I've ever had. It's certainly not for everybody.
Herb, I'll take an attic any day over crawling under a house, or worse, a trailer. At least now it's fairly dry dirt. The muddy season is coming. I think that's the worst.
Doc, good to see you. Mid 60's in early August?  Does seem odd, but in that part of the country, radical is the norm. At least it was in Denver.

My Soundclick Page
SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
Guitarhacker
  • Total Posts : 24398
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 22:24:12 (permalink)
Robert, here in NC I think it must be code now that they have to put clean sand under houses and then cover that with plastic for a vapor barrier. It's the older houses that are still dirt....and yeah trailers are the worst.

I do higher cost high end custom security so it's not often that someone living in a trailer calls me and takes my price. Most of my customers are well off and living in nicely kept older homes or the new ones.... like the one I just secured for the retiring Sheriff. $850k for the house..... not counting the land on a road that I call millionaire's row..... top of the line system in that one and nice clean sand with plastic under the house. those are almost a pleasure to crawl under.....almost.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
Moshkiae
Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6111
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 22:24:56 (permalink)
Hi,

Easy ... taking pictures and getting it on with the water!

As a wise Guy once stated from his holy chapala ... none of the hits, none of the time ... prevents you from becoming just another turkey in the middle of all the other turkeys! 

NoKey
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 974
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 22:38:57 (permalink)
Beagle

NoKey

Beagle

just because it happened doesn't mean it's OK to post it here.  and just because we don't want to see it on this forum doesn't mean we want to put blinders on for what's happening in the world.  it's about what is acceptable for THIS forum.  and posting execution pictures on this forum is very poor taste.

With due respect, I'll ask you if you also happen to object to those, or if you find that is in good taste, and OK for family viewing?

This isn't a church and you didn't sign an agreement with all churches not to post objectional material.  you did for this forum.  you're comparing apples and oranges.  your picture is objectional and many people have politely asked you to remove it but you have refused and tried to rationalize that you're right and everyone else is wrong.

read the TOS that you agreed to.  you've been turned in for violating it.  not for posting pictures in a church.

Beagle, you need to realize what you are saying: that this is not a church,. Yet  you are trying to moralize what is not considered immoral nor censored by the press.

It's amazing how people want to be offended when no offense whatsoever is intended.

Songs I've produced with Sonar LE: http://www.soundclick.com...ult.cfm?bandID=1086857
AT
  • Total Posts : 10654
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 22:39:14 (permalink)
Untypical even for Texas weather.  It has been over a hundred for about 2 weeks now.  As was said earlier, it is supposed to cool off below that this weekend or next week.  Below 100.  Humidity up, too.  No clouds and the sun just fries everything.  No rain for almost a month.

However, this ain't nearly as bad as 1980.  Set all kinds of records - 31 days of 100+ in a month - 70 days or more above that.  113 degrees.

What is funny we had snow in March - lots of it.  Cold winter, hot summer.  Can't wait for fall, whenever it comes.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
Beagle
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 22:42:13 (permalink)
NoKey

Beagle

NoKey

Beagle

Beagle, you need to realize what you are saying: that this is not a church,. Yet  you are trying to moralize what is not considered immoral nor censored by the press.

It's amazing how people want to be offended when no offense whatsoever is intended.

It's also amazing how people can justify violating the rules that they agreed to.

NoKey
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 22:45:58 (permalink)
guitardog247

And for Nokey - someone needs attention today......

Kind of reminds me......
I accidentally posted Mick Jagger's daugther's picture here, and it showed her nipple.  I very quickly removed the link. The reason I didn't notice it in the picture, is she is quite thin and well, kind of small in that region....

Not to get off topic here.....

You got my attention guitardog24.

I hope your action made others better persons.

Songs I've produced with Sonar LE: http://www.soundclick.com...ult.cfm?bandID=1086857
NoKey
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 23:08:45 (permalink)
Beagle

NoKey

Beagle

NoKey

Beagle

It's also amazing how people can justify violating the rules that they agreed to.

Dear Beagle,

I'll just say that you seem to be confusing your judgment with "the rules of the forum".

Beagle
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 23:11:50 (permalink)
Dear Nokey,
I'm not confused at all.  Have a good day and we'll see what the mods decide.

NoKey
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 23:41:41 (permalink)
Beagle

Dear Nokey,
I'm not confused at all.  Have a good day and we'll see what the mods decide.

Sounds like the point is to bother yourself to bother whomever about what you don't like.

Hope it gains you something. I just can't figure out what that could be, though.

Beagle
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 23:47:09 (permalink)
LOL!  you're amazing!  absolutely amazing.

guitardog247
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1226
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 23:55:19 (permalink)
Beagle,

Let's not meet negativity with more negativity.....

Leave him alone in his anger, or whatever it is. There is enough negative vibes in the world, don't need to keep it going in this forum.
You're giving him a flame war, which is what he craves.....

Sonar, Les Paul Studio, FTU, puter, plugs.........
guitardog247
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1226
Re:How are you (americans) dealing with this heat wave? 2010/08/12 23:58:39 (permalink)
Well, it could be that Nokey has small,  and insignificant genitalia.....

And this is retribution.......

Sonar, Les Paul Studio, FTU, puter, plugs.........
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1