So who is moving to Protools HD Native ?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
AndrewB
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 25
Re:So who is moving to Protools HD Native ? 2010/10/29 14:40:10 (permalink)

And that is the clincher. It is only once you have worked with PT HD that you can understand what it is all about. Despite what a lot of people here might think, Sonar is not in the same league. 

UnderTow
You offer no explanation as to why sonar isnt in the same league.
But, i guess your right. They arent in the league of Avid crooks.

gordonrussell76
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1879
Re:So who is moving to Protools HD Native ? 2010/11/08 11:55:46 (permalink)
Just as a aside to this thread

AVID just realized Protool 9 software only version which will work with ANY soundcard including the one on your laptop.

Now thats a game changer.

I love Sonar and will still use it, but i have been toying with getting M-powered for a while now to satisfy certain clients and could not get over the fact of no ADC.

Suddenly that has disappeared.

Interesting times.

I again say i will still use Sonar, i upgraded to 8.5 last year, but had not really had time to play with it creatively, mainly used it to track stuff.

I am blown away by some of the changes in workflow and X1 looks great. I am so chuffed by the Multidock, and would like to get some royalties as it was a feature suggestion i put in, and mentioned in a thread on this forum, so i feel very engaged by it.

I think I will still do my own productions in Sonar, but sadly i can see a lot of tracking now happening in Protools, but only becuase of compatability (ps they have still lamed out on that, you're not fully compatable with HD unless you buy the £1500) producer pack, but I guess i can live without that for a while.

However recording to Protools and Sonar from my soon to arrive A&H R16 well that sounds pretty good whichever way you look at it.

Hopefully it will encourage everyone to compete harder.

G
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1