Deep Purplish/Steppenwolfy with a pinch of Queen and a dash of 3 Dog Night

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
radio
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2782
Re:Deep Purplish/Steppenwolfy with a pinch of Queen and a dash of 3 Dog Night 2011/01/12 05:09:18 (permalink)
Well I tried to listen but its won't stop loading , try again Tommorrow .

Radio

savageopera
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 625
Re:Deep Purplish/Steppenwolfy with a pinch of Queen and a dash of 3 Dog Night 2011/01/12 20:54:55 (permalink)
Greg, Zappa's genius always captivated me. It never occurred to me that I would be told my style reminded someone of him. I'm not worthy , but thanks for the thought. I'm happy you took the time to check it out, you made my day..........Ron

Sonar Artist, HP Laptop, AMD A8700 , 1T+250g, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra ,Roland 88 Hammer action, Roland AX-1, M-audio 88es, Arturia minilabII......When I was young I wanted to become a mad scientist. I achieved everything except the "scientist" part....http://www.soundclick.com/savageopera
savageopera
Re:Deep Purplish/Steppenwolfy with a pinch of Queen and a dash of 3 Dog Night 2011/01/13 20:29:58 (permalink)
Hello mgh, thanks for the kudos and advice on the amp sims.  I just purchased the Realstrat system and downloaded the Acmebargig and the Voxengo plugins.  I used the Realstrat with the cakewalk amp sim on this tune (riff melody). I have a song in the can to experiment with the new amp sims, so maybe you could tell me how you get your big sound, I would be very interested to hear your take on these Vst's. Years ago I was told by some of my musician "friends" that I "couldn't sing a lick", so your comment on my vocals really means a lot......so thanks again ...........Ron.

Sonar Artist, HP Laptop, AMD A8700 , 1T+250g, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra ,Roland 88 Hammer action, Roland AX-1, M-audio 88es, Arturia minilabII......When I was young I wanted to become a mad scientist. I achieved everything except the "scientist" part....http://www.soundclick.com/savageopera
mgh
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8594
Re:Deep Purplish/Steppenwolfy with a pinch of Queen and a dash of 3 Dog Night 2011/01/14 04:11:46 (permalink)
hey Ron
i'd say the key is to doubletrack, pan hard left and right, with a slightly different tone. cos ur using MIDI i'd just unquantise slightly to stop that too clinical and precise feel that the guitar sims can give you. i usually send my rhythm tracks to a guitar buss with some kinda compressor (current fave there is the Nomad factory Studio Channel).
you can also get away with a less distorted sound on each track, which together still gives you a heavy sound - less distortion = more dynamics, though i guess that will come as you learn your way around the Realstrat articulations.

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
savageopera
Re:Deep Purplish/Steppenwolfy with a pinch of Queen and a dash of 3 Dog Night 2011/01/17 21:30:11 (permalink)
This is a big thank you to mgh and all of you who listened to and or reviewed this song. There was so much support and solid advice given. What a great group of folks there are on this forum.................sincerely appreciated........... Ron. 

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1