mesagge to cakewalk developers

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
carlosagm79
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 301
Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/10 02:22:40 (permalink)
chuckebaby

i read like two sentences of this post and then it turned into ra,ra,ra,,,,
caps,make me feel like someone is yelling at me.

I came from Cuba a few months ago(I use to have there a studio for more  than 10 years since cakewalk 7) but everybody know in Cuba INTERNET its limited by the government, so almost nobody have in their own house , so I'm not to experienced about Internet fonts or forums conventions , so its funny how many IDIOTS in this forums show theirs egos hurts  just for a ¨Caps Lock key¨ and don't focused in the post problems, Ok ,now I know the robots consider a Caps letters like yelling...yeah its fun, ISO 10646 and UTF-8 characters variables can hurt a new era programed mind,hahaha...
carlosagm79
Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/10 02:29:53 (permalink)
brundlefly

-I NEVER UNDERSTAND, WHY IF IM WORKING WITH A MIDI TRACK, LETS SAY CHANNEL NUMBER 7 , THE VOLUME ENVELOPE THATS APPEAR BY DEFAULT IS CHANNEL 1?? NOW ITS NOT BETTER, WHEN I SELECT EDIT AUTOMATION ,VOLUME OR WHATEVER, BY DEFAULT ALWAYS SAYS CHANNEL 1, THE FUNNY THING, ITS WORK ON THE REAL CHANNEL

It works with the "real" channel, because what you're talking about is setting a "forced" MIDI output channel that makes everything in that track, including notes and controllers go out with the specified channel assignment, regardless of what channel is embedded in the MIDI events themselves. Your notes probably aren't actually on channel 7 unless you deliberately recorded them that way or changed them after the fact, in which case you wouldn;t need a force output channel. If it really matters, you can select MIDI in the Envelope dropdown, and choose the controller and channel you want, but why would you care what channel your envelope data are on if you're using a forced output channel, anyway?

I'm with you on the inefficient display of info and controls in the track header. changing to non-segmented meters will help some.

What's a "DISPLACEMENT BAR"?

jajaja, Im spanish native, Im talking about Scrollbar
An Scrollbar that lets you displace the parameters of each track at the left all at once like XGworks and I believe the old Pro audio
Im traying to understand what you saying...

carlosagm79
Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/10 02:45:18 (permalink)
brundlefly

-I NEVER UNDERSTAND, WHY IF IM WORKING WITH A MIDI TRACK, LETS SAY CHANNEL NUMBER 7 , THE VOLUME ENVELOPE THATS APPEAR BY DEFAULT IS CHANNEL 1?? NOW ITS NOT BETTER, WHEN I SELECT EDIT AUTOMATION ,VOLUME OR WHATEVER, BY DEFAULT ALWAYS SAYS CHANNEL 1, THE FUNNY THING, ITS WORK ON THE REAL CHANNEL

It works with the "real" channel, because what you're talking about is setting a "forced" MIDI output channel that makes everything in that track, including notes and controllers go out with the specified channel assignment, regardless of what channel is embedded in the MIDI events themselves. Your notes probably aren't actually on channel 7 unless you deliberately recorded them that way or changed them after the fact, in which case you wouldn;t need a force output channel. If it really matters, you can select MIDI in the Envelope dropdown, and choose the controller and channel you want, but why would you care what channel your envelope data are on if you're using a forced output channel, anyway?

I'm with you on the inefficient display of info and controls in the track header. changing to non-segmented meters will help some.

I dont really understand you, maybe the language its a problem, but I just know that in X1 whatever the envelope you do, its Ok working in the correct channel/track, but not necessary displaying the correct ch number (says default channel1) in previous version was diferent, I believe that except for volume, pan, chorus and reverb you had to set the correct channel
brundlefly
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14250
Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/10 02:54:46 (permalink)
carlosagm79

brundlefly

I dont really understand you, maybe the language its a problem, but I just know that in X1 whatever the envelope you do, its Ok working in the correct channel/track, but not necessary displaying the correct ch number (says default channel1) in previous version was diferent, I believe that except for volume, pan, chorus and reverb you had to set the correct channel

8.5.3 worked exactly the same way. If you choose one of the standard envelope types, it defaults to channel 1 unless you choose MIDI at the bottom of the dropdown, and choose a specific controller and channel. But having a forced output channel assigned to the track changes the channel of the envelope data just as it changes the channel of note events in the track. Go to the event list, and you will likely find that your note events are also on channel 1.

carlosagm79
Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/10 03:02:57 (permalink)

8.5.3 worked exactly the same way. If you choose one of the standard envelope types, it defaults to channel 1 unless you choose MIDI at the bottom of the dropdown, and choose a specific controller and channel. But having a forced output channel assigned to the track changes the channel of the envelope data just as it changes the channel of note events in the track. Go to the event list, and you will likely find that your note events are also on channel 1.

Are you telling me that if I set a Track, set the port and, lets say channel 10 for that port, record something in int, all data is in channel 1???, or cakewalk says its in channel 1??, even having a ¨forced output channel assigned to the track¨
Im really confused!

fitzj
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1487
Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/10 07:46:34 (permalink)
Lets not shoot the messenger here and address the issues that raised.
Different countries have different traditions and capitals does not mean shouting, perhaps in America yes but for example Italy its common to use capitals.

Crg
  • Total Posts : 7719
Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/10 07:55:53 (permalink)
Perhaps it's a language problem Carlos but it seems you don't know how to use the features you're complaining about. The control-select statement is a classic example. Maybe you could work with it some more before you rant.

Craig DuBuc
carlosagm79
Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/10 08:21:24 (permalink)
Crg

Perhaps it's a language problem Carlos but it seems you don't know how to use the features you're complaining about. The control-select statement is a classic example. Maybe you could work with it some more before you rant.
I do know how to use the features I'm complaining about, ok, maybe there is an alternative trick, thats why I'm here in this forum ( not to hear people saying that I'm ranting)
...also I'm pretty sure that are some strange behaviors/unclear procedures when selecting controllers and NRPNs in Sonar...

Supercomposer
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 259
Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/10 14:19:13 (permalink)
Fog

SB ,what are you on about soundblaster or sandy bridge?!?! am I a mind reader, you seem to think so ;-) .. no to both..

I wouldn't mind but even the scan for vst's on that crashes out... so yer user error, I have control over the EXE failing..lol ;-)

thanks , I do know how to insert a synth.. but I don't expect the host to cry off and hang / crash so badly with such a simple request

What, SB? Not soundblaster, I was referring to Steinberg...
ahaha Soundblaster.. I got one in about 1990, the first stereo sound card ever built. Played Wing Commander II on it with a Roland General MIDI extension on it which sounded awesome.

Now I am crying, see, please stop mentioning sound blaster

ME is the Supercomposer, and all your base are belong to us (Yes, I mean Germany)

System Spec: CPU 2x X7560 Xeon 16-Core, 48 GIG Ram Kingston, Intel with Supermicro Workstation MP Boards, RME HDSPe, PNY Quadro 6000
carlosagm79
Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/10 22:53:44 (permalink)
brundlefly
Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/11 01:35:14 (permalink)

Are you telling me that if I set a Track, set the port and, lets say channel 10 for that port, record something in int, all data is in channel 1???, or cakewalk says its in channel 1??, even having a ¨forced output channel assigned to the track¨

Assuming you're talking about the output "Ch" setting, yes. Sounds like we need a little MIDI 101 here:

Every MIDI event has a channel assignment embedded in it. That channel assignment is determined by the controller sending the data to SONAR. If you aren't deliberately changing the output channel setting of your controller, it is likely always sending on Channel 1.

SONAR MIDI tracks have two port and channel settings. One for input and one for output. The input port and channel setting are combined. The input setting operates like an input filter on the MIDI data coming from your controller. If you set the input channel to Omni, SONAR will record whatever your controller sends. If you set it to a specific channel, SONAR will record only what your controller sends on that channel.

Now, if you don't set a forced output channel, SONAR will play back MIDI events with their embedded channel. If you set a forced output channel, it will re-write the embedded channel information as each event is sent, but the channel of the stored event is not altered, and you will continue to see that channel in the the Event List.

If you bounce to clips, SONAR will write the forced channel into the stored events. There are other ways to change the embedded channel assignment of events, too, but for the most part, you can just depend on the forced output assignment to take care of re-channeling everything for you, including controller envelopes.

EDIT: The key concept here is that channels aren't like individual pipes that channel-less MIDI events are funneled into. There's basically just one big pipe per port. The channel information is embedded in the events themselves, and synths or parts of multi-timbral synths only respond to events that have the channel they're programmed to respond to.

Most "mono-timbral" (i.e. single-voice) soft synths will respond to all events sent to them, regardless of their channel. Only multi-timbral synths and hardware synths daisy chained on a single port really need to distinguish channel data. In the soft synth world, every synth essentially has a dedicated port, so there's no need to run them all on different channels.
post edited by brundlefly - 2011/02/11 01:56:38
berlymahn
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 257
Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/11 09:47:17 (permalink)
FastBikerBoy

Less of the caps lock would halp make that lot a little more readable.

While many CW staff do frequent these forums the best way to report problems is via the problem reporter, that way you know it will reach them.

Agree on the problem reporter (which I have used).....but.... I have a list of about 30 software trouble reports and would really appreciate it if CW could at least post an xls form for use instead of having to hit that web page over and over, entering the same system, serial data again and again.  What I am seeing from other folks, there are about a million things going wrong with this code.  CW should be glad that the users are so loyal. 

Jim Wim  
On Soundcloud as: Dammit Eugene / Scenic Mental Detours / Narrow Now
https://soundcloud.com/dammit-eugene/tracks
carlosagm79
Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/11 10:35:41 (permalink)
I will revise all the ¨mechanism¨ when I have a chance, but I think now I understand more the concept, you says that depends in how its structured the ports and channels inputs and outputs...and of course Sonar by default is in OMNI mode, so if I set a custom output port ,Sonar will re-channeling correctly for me a data that was sent probably by my controller from channel 1...
brundlefly
Re:mesagge to cakewalk developers 2011/02/11 11:01:19 (permalink)
and of course Sonar by default is in OMNI mode, so if I set a custom output port ,Sonar will re-channeling correctly for me a data that was sent probably by my controller from channel 1...

Right. I think you've got it.  
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1